New Viper Owner introducing myself

quazmosis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm new to the forums and the Viper world. I bought an all stock 97 GTS back in April of this year, and have been creeping on this forum reading and reading away. Love the car so far, and have been taking the past months to get a base year on all general maintenance stuff even if it doesn't need it. No huge plans for the car as of yet. I'm reading up on performance mods while keeping in NA. Anyways wanted to say hi.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome from your Viper Brothers in SoCal.

97 was a great year for Viper. Super classic looks, great engine and drive line.

Pay attention to the brakes if you want to take it to the track.

Do not see where you are from, but good idea to take it to who ever works the most on Vipers in your area and have it looked over.

Make sure the fluids are fresh, and the tires not too old.

Enjoy. Those 97's are great cars. Really feel that Direct Connection between man and machine.

Be careful since the weather is getting colder that your tires hook up. Best advise ever is to make sure your tires are pointed straight ahead before jumping on the gas, untill your get a feel for the power.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The 97 cars were great, strong motor, the lumpy cam, forged pistons and super for upgrades. The Viper kept getting more refined with each year, that gave each model it's personality. I had a 1996 GTS Vin #141, tell us about yours?

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome! I have a 97 as well, best car made, period. Great choice. Please post some pics, not very many of those around, and stock too, ultra rare!

Enjoy the car, let us know how we can help!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave