Noticed VPA prices have gone up?

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it me or has anyone else noticed that Viper Parts of America prices have gone up considerably, across the board, since all the big politics of the VCA and re-organization of VPA?

I have been tracking side sills for Gen III/IV for a couple of years now. Originally they were $1,325-, then $1750, now $1,925 within the past month or so.

So I ask, why the big change?

OP
OP
G

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NOT COOL AT ALL! And they were blaming the last guy for ripping us off...:dunno:

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VCA discounts have essentially gone away or gotten considerably smaller as well.
I would assume it has something to do with the $50k repayment to the VCA shown on the 2014 VCA budget. Gotta bring in some more money now to pay back the loan, that then suddenly wasn't a loan, but is a loan again now.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it me or has anyone else noticed that Viper Parts of America prices have gone up considerably, across the board, since all the big politics of the VCA and re-organization of VPA?

I have been tracking side sills for Gen III/IV for a couple of years now. Originally they were $1,325-, then $1750, now $1,925 within the past month or so.

So I ask, why the big change?
So, how have their prices changed as compared to MOPAR MSRP for the times that you quote ? At least the $1925 seems like the same discount to current MSRP that I thought VPA was offering before.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
- VPA doesn't control the prices of Mopar parts stocked in Mopar warehouses. They are just a middle man like any other authorized mopar dealer(like your local dealership).
- VPA will typically have better prices than anyone else do to running a lower profit margin since the overall goal is to benefit Viper owners and the Club.
- If a part is found cheaper that they can get; 9 times out of 10 they will do you better. I remember ordering tires and telling them I saw the price a few dollars cheaper on disscounttire direct and they told me that the distributers prices change frequently and they don't have time to keep up with updating the website that frequently they ended up selling the tires to me for a buck or two over cost.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NEWSFLASH: The majority of limited Viper parts that are no longer in production will continue to go up in price until the end of time.

WHO remembers when the Wizard used to post on here and would give us a heads up of significant/ridiculous price increases on specific items?
He had a month grace period or something and was nice/considerate enough to keep us in the loop.

Miss that guy...;)

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, just by looking at the wheels they are all 825 each what's up with that. John b still has the sidewinder 2 for 2399.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Discussions like this are always a bit puzzling to me. If someone does not think a price is the best price, just shop it around. There is plenty of competition among parts vendors to obtain parts purchase dollars. But keep in mind that at least for some parts there is a value to have someone knowledgable to speak with like JonB or the 20 year Viper tech who now manages VPA.

As for parts for cars out of production, once ( what is it seven years or so?) the required time for having parts available runs out, and the OEM parts become rare, watch out. The extended MOPAR warranties are a great deal if you intend to keep your car a long time. They really pay off over time. And they have MOPAR Maxcare Extended Service Agreements that go out even further. I had them on the two cars I recently traded and I have one on my Jeep.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
- VPA doesn't control the prices of Mopar parts stocked in Mopar warehouses. They are just a middle man like any other authorized mopar dealer(like your local dealership).
- VPA will typically have better prices than anyone else do to running a lower profit margin since the overall goal is to benefit Viper owners and the Club.
- If a part is found cheaper that they can get; 9 times out of 10 they will do you better. I remember ordering tires and telling them I saw the price a few dollars cheaper on disscounttire direct and they told me that the distributers prices change frequently and they don't have time to keep up with updating the website that frequently they ended up selling the tires to me for a buck or two over cost.

as usual, well said.