NY/CT Region at NJ Motosports Park - October 2

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Along with our road racing partners (the Aston Martin Club) we have been invited to share Thursday, October 2nd, 2008 at the brand new NJ Motosports Park in Millville, NJ. Millville is 135 miles from NYC (about 30 miles west of Atlantic City). I have posted track information below.

Please note, sadly, that we will no longer be able to run our Limerock Park event due to a change in the ownership and management of the track. This event would, potentially, replace that event in our seasonal schedule.

We need to determine if there is interest in our region for a Road Course Event of this nature. This event would be run exactly like our Limerock Park Drivers School. We estimate the cost would also be similar (about $300/person for the day).

motorsports_drawing.jpg

motorsports_map.jpg

We would be running on the Lightning Raceway Circuit.
The 1.9 mile Northern Circuit will be known as Lightning, this 10 corner circuit will be fast and challenging featuring some of the most interesting and dramatic corners and elevation changes in the park. The 20 acre paddock area will have a 4 acre skid pad and autocross area, as well as concession areas, timing towers and school and drivers meeting room facilities.

lighting.jpg

Please comment if you would have serious interest in attending an event of this nature. As usual, we will be inviting our neighboring clubs, however we need to get a quick reading as to whether this is something we can pursue. If we have enough members that are willing to commit to their attendance, this WILL happen!

Last edited:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: NY/CT Region at NJ Motosports Park

its a nice ride down to that area. and itseasy to get to as well.

depending on mt schedule, if my car is running I'm in. I know you've heard that before..lol

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sounds like a great course, I'm in.

banshe302

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Love it count me in as well.
\

Just A Dream

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Oh I'm in and of coarse I am bringing the darth helmet Let The Force, ahh you know the rest

Russ

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow...that was quick. Thanks El Presidente!

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

After ACRSteve and I ran all the numbers, it looks like we're going to need (minimum) 15 cars to make this economically feasible. I think we can reach that assuming we can get 10 from our region and add a few drivers from our surrounding regions.

It will be nice to have a Fall track event. Great cool weather. Looking good so far.

I'm thinking I should have Dimitrios work some of his magic to turn this into an Atlantic City Track Weekend! :headbang:

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score

sounds like a great idea..we"ll sleep over in AC the night before...any hotel prefrences? borgata, tropicana??

After ACRSteve and I ran all the numbers, it looks like we're going to need (minimum) 15 cars to make this economically feasible. I think we can reach that assuming we can get 10 from our region and add a few drivers from our surrounding regions.

It will be nice to have a Fall track event. Great cool weather. Looking good so far.

I'm thinking I should have Dimitrios work some of his magic to turn this into an Atlantic City Track Weekend! :headbang:

Rich T

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would like to try out the new track for sure!

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We'll be taking reservations as the date grows near. Thanks for all the interest.

pe5787

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Im in if I have a car by then. In "I" status.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I participated in the first race on the track you guys are going to love this track. It is set up with lots of elevation changes and a long high speed banked (Nuremburg Ring) type turn. There is also a long straight to pen our cars up. I promise everyone will love the track. Sign up sheets will be available shortly.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome. Sounds like a blast. I AM IN for sure!

I participated in the first race on the track you guys are going to love this track. It is set up with lots of elevation changes and a long high speed banked (Nuremburg Ring) type turn. There is also a long straight to pen our cars up. I promise everyone will love the track. Sign up sheets will be available shortly.

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited:

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yea Ok Big Shot!

Me Big Shot??yeak Ok King..the Guy That Has The Keys To The City..i Am A Little Man...nothing I Tell Ya Nothing...bottom Of The Pole;)

Ps- Yo D Next Year We Are Doing Greece Bro..you Gotta Come...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187