NY/CT Region Cruise to Marcus Dairy 7/19

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marcus Dairy Cruise Night
Sugar Hollow Road
Danbury, CT

Marcus Dairy has been a fixture for many years not just for its milk business but as a major location for Exotic/Muscle Car and Motorcycle shows and cruises for years. Every Saturday night beginning in April Marcus hosts a huge car gathering, draws quite a crowd and tends be a lot of fun. Lots of nice cars from just about every era are in attendance but the crowd just loves the Viper as it's a rare treat. This year will most likely be the last year for Marcus Dairy cruises as they are building a shopping center in place of this famed gathering spot. While the turnout has been better than ever it has been bittersweet. Nobody knows if the car and motorcycle cruises will continue when the center is unveiled which could happen early next year.

It's time for the NY/CT region to make its mark on this legendary car cruise Saturday July 19th. Cars begin to show up around 5:30pm until whenever. The place tends to fill up especially when the weather is perfect and Saturday is looking really good so far.

So come join us for a great ride and night of fun. Meeting spots will be posted during the week.

MD.jpg

- Tony

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperT, might get a group and cruise up will let you know it all depends on my work schedule or I might have to fly to SC last minute...Adrian

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adrian, it's this Sat but I will be at Marcus Dairy the 26th as well for a little something I call "Operation Intercept" which I cannot discuss here. :D

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is one week too early.....dang.

tony, one saturday night soon, i wanna go to marcus, you gonna meet me up there ?

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is one week too early.....dang.

tony, one saturday night soon, i wanna go to marcus, you gonna meet me up there ?

Phil, I scheduled it for this week because we have the CT Brunch cruise next Sunday. I didn't want to cause a conflict the two events on the same weekend. Since there was nothing going on this weekend in our region I tried to slot this one in for Sat. However, a few of us will be at Marcus Dairy next Sat night for something called 'Operation Intercept' :D. I'll PM you the details.

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice work Tony! Keith, if you get some time, perhaps you can copy Tony's post and email to members?

Actually, the idea originated from Adrian and Bluequadcab. If anything, thank these guys for pushing to make it happen. The weather is looking really good for Sat, should be a lot of fun.

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperTony + 1
BlackMamba1 + 1
Bluequadcab?
Adrian?
00VPRGTS
00Prowler?

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez, and I live less than a half hour from Marcus Dairy.

So, my deal is the Viper is going into Chuck Sat afternoon to work on the (not cold) A/C. We are also leaving for Florida first thing sunday and have to pack.:dunno:

All that said, we may make it over there in our FX35 just to meet up with you guys/gals....it would be the first time we'd get to meet.:headbang:

If not, we will definitely make one of the upcoming events...sometimes its a bit tough when you have a 2 and 4 year old.:lmao:

Sad to hear that Marcus Dairy is closing...its been a huge event every summer for motorcycles and cars alike....Their "super sundays" attract Harley's from all over the area!:2tu:

Hope to meet up.

Peter

1998 RT/10, Viper Red :evilmad: (5k miles) "Tatorized"

:usa:FIREFIGHTERS SAVE LIVES AND PROPERTY:usa:

SUPPORT TATORS DODGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pete, I'll put you down as tentative. It's a blast to attend Viper or no Viper. I have a 4 and 6 year old, both girls, and it can be a handful. Luckily, my wife doesn't like riding with me in the Viper...I can't imagine why :D so she'll be watching the kids Sat night.

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperTony + 1
BlackMamba1 + 1
Bluequadcab?
Adrian?
00VPRGTS
00Prowler?
Vipuronr?

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperTony + 1
BlackMamba1 + 1
Bluequadcab?
Adrian?
00VPRGTS
00Prowler?
Vipuronr?
MKTAXMAN+1

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Tony....well, count us in....

We'll be there with our FX35 "sort of SUV,":rolaugh: as the Viper has to go into Tator's early on Saturday. We are leaving for Florida first thihg on Sunday:2tu:, so that is the only time we can bring it in.

At least I'll have a chance to meet you and some of the other NY/CT Region members.:eater:

So, what time do you plan on being there and where do you think you will have your cars parked (if you know).:dunno:

Look forward to meeting everyone.:headbang:

Peter

SUPPORT TATORS DODGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron, we figure cars start showing up at Marcus around 5:30. We'll probably leave Cheshire around 5pm and be there at 5:30 or a little after. Whoever gets there first should save some spots for the Vipers. Not sure where we'll park but we'll save some spots. I'm sure it won't be difficult to find each other...just look for the large crowds gathered around the Vipers. :) I'll bring that vinyl I promised you.

ViperTony + 1
BlackMamba1 + 1
Bluequadcab?
Adrian?
00VPRGTS
00Prowler?
Vipuronr
MKTAXMAN+1
Tusc

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Tony, look forward to finally meeting you...and, other members from NY/CT Region.:headbang:

See y'all there!:2tu:

Peter

SUPPORT TATORS DODGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MKTAXMAN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ViperTony,

We really need to have a meeting spot so we all go in as a group. I have been up there several times and it fill up so fast that the likelihood that we will be together as a group is slim to none.Remember, power is in numbers..

Mike

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperTony,

We really need to have a meeting spot so we all go in as a group. I have been up there several times and it fill up so fast that the likelihood that we will be together as a group is slim to none.Remember, power is in numbers..

Mike

Mike, do you know a spot nearby Marcus like a parking lot or someplace we can meet then drive in together? I think you got the right about a show of force. I recall there being a lot of shops in that area so finding a meeting spot shouldn't be an issue. I'll post up meeting spots for the CT group heading in from the Hartford area and hopefully we'll have a meeting spot picked out by Marcus.

MKTAXMAN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tony,

There is a rest stop northbound on Route 684. It has a Mobil station in it. This might be a good meeting place. Otherwise, we could alwasys meet at Tator's.Chuck is only about 15-20 minutes from Marcus Dairy