Official Exhaust Clip Thread!!!

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It was a long time ago.

I had the Hennessy cat back exhaust system which I think was the B&B set up. I had 3" pipes no cats, stock tube headers, Jeff M Stage III heads, custom Paxton 10 rib Supercharger system I built myself and many other things that contributed to the sound. It was one of my favorite sounds because it had the offshore motorboat sound to it. It sounded more mean in person. I did have the back pipes cross over too. Don't think it made much of a difference though. I was going to get the B&B headers which I think it would have really sounded awesome, but the car went bye-bye.

I was driving one night it some guys in some Cobra mustangs were following/tailing me. I later found out they knew me and got my car on video. Not a fan of the music but it's a small clip of the exhaust towards the end when I laid down the gas. Didn't sound too bad to me.

YouTube - ab viper caught on video

Fuel system I built and what it sounded like from the inside of the car. (Weldon custom fuel system)

YouTube - fuel pump

Last edited:

Texas1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guess I should add mine to the official list

First part is stock with smooth tubes ... second part adds belanger headers, high flows and catbacks

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y77pcssV7Os[/media]

After listening to your clip I went for a pretty similar set-up...no headers yet but Bellanger exhaust with random tech high flow cat's...the sound on the car now is like night and day!!! Can't wait to get headers & then start on the heads & cam. :2tu:

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's mine.
1999 GTS
Hennessey Headers
NO cats
Mopar 3" with custom X pipe

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryfV6Q7WCrM[/media]

Much

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry for the wrong link

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2L6qk9_WBM[/media]

roe racing exhaust , stock headers

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roe racing exhaust, nice! And MTGTS, nice sound out of rear exit exhaust! Btw, doesn't Florida require cats? Up here in CT, they check to see if you have cats in the car.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roe racing exhaust, nice! And MTGTS, nice sound out of rear exit exhaust! Btw, doesn't Florida require cats? Up here in CT, they check to see if you have cats in the car.

Every state requires cats but we don't have inspections here in Fl

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, that's cool! We have annual emission's testing, but I do recall them looking under the car at the exhaust.

Not sure I would take the chance, but I know the guys so I can ask them.

So, while on the subject, what is the advantage of no cats vs. using hi-flow cats like Roe or Random Tech?:dunno:

Thanks!

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, that's cool! We have annual emission's testing, but I do recall them looking under the car at the exhaust.

So, while on the subject, what is the advantage of no cats vs. using hi-flow cats like Roe or Random Tech?:dunno:

Thanks!

With no cats you smell like a man :D

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, aside from smelling like Aqua Velva, is there anything gained or lost by taking out the cats vs. changing to hi-flow cats? And, with no cats, what do you do with computer readings?

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks!

My Random tech cats failed so I went with no cats. If you want more noise run without cats. During an inspection the cats are NOT visible anyway without taking the sills off. I doubt they do that but i'm not sure as i've never been through one. They are prob. just looking @ the mufflers near the rear of the car.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, aside from smelling like Aqua Velva, is there anything gained or lost by taking out the cats vs. changing to hi-flow cats?

gen 2:
stock cats --> extremely hot, too quite for a viper, smells sweet
hiflows --> hot, sounds much better-like a viper, smells like aqua velva
catless --> cool, loud, stinks, but in a good way

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Euch....

Btw, I have the Fitzerald Performance muffler delete with two small bullet resonators (8" or so) which give the sounds a nice low pitch.

My concern is really the CT inspection and what the computer reads without cats?:dunno:

Thoughts?:headbang:

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
98 GTS with K&N Filters, 3" Cat Back with no cats...

Revved to about 3,200rpm

[[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fDI0y5pWxw[/media]

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang