OFFICIAL SRT-10 POLL!!! THUMBS UP or THUMBS DOWN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All,This is an interesting survey. I feel the GTS looks better than ANY convertible! Anyone seen the Diablo roadster? Butt ugly.The RT/10 looks cool with its rear roll bar, it does not really look like a convertible.The SRT will not interest me until they put a f/n roof over it. The styling on the new car is a bit reserved. If you want to see a great styling change,take a look at the new Hyundai Tiburon!!! It blows away the older version,almost as nice looking as a new Vette!!! If that were the case with the Viper I would be drooling a path to the dealer showroom! I love my GTS but would admit it if I liked the SRT better!...AL...00PROWLER...

RaceDeck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow....this thread is a runn'in>>>.I have seen the new SRT and on its own it is really a nice car, much nicer than the convertable Vette....But it definetly does not have the same "WoW!" affect when you see it as did the Gen 1-2 and GTS did. Also, it is hard to compare to the GTS....completely different style car and appeals to a differnt audience..... I would love to own my GTS and also have the SRT when I want to do a nice canyon cruise on a sunny day...

I think that DC may come out with a coupe version sometime sooner than 5 years....THe GT-40 is going to seteal the lime-light for a while when it hits and I think that they will get into the Racing scene....GM, Ford, and "no dodge"????We have corporate egos here.....DC will get back into the scene, and whent hey do, I will order my new Coupe version, as long as it does not look like a big S2000 with a hard top

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's ugly, & that's all that counts. Performance (500/500)should not factor in......it can always be bought, as much as you want.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you to 00prowler, Race Deck, Big Medicine, & SoCal Craig for your contribution to the Official SRT-10 VCA Poll! Your comments & votes are definitely appreciated. Your voices WILL be heard!

The poll stands at 143-33 AGAINST the SRT-10 with your votes. Please tell a friend to vote!

Joe Bob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Count me in on the new SRT. You guys keep it up and maybe I can get a good deal on one:) Haven't had a Viper for 2 1/2 years and am ready for another--I'll take Black.

-Joe Bob
LPE 500TT(+a few extra)#000
(need an SRT to keep the C5 happy)

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to thank the following gentlemen for contributing to the poll. Joe Bob, Pump Jockey, Bruce, MichaelP, rgifford, & BLS! Your comments & opinions definitely matter!

With your contribution, the vote stands at 148-34 AGAINST the SRT-10. Please tell a friend to vote!

JeremyBlackwell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry in my previous post I gave my opinion but never a definitive answer...

'NO' I would not buy a SRT-10 for the reasons in my previous post and also the EXACT reasons that 'KING GTS' posted in his very 1st post...Performance is great, but the styling doesn't say VIPER!

Looks exactly like a Honda S2000 on steroids....

SoCal Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SoCal Craig:
I prefer the looks of my GTS over the SRT-10. However, I like the performance improvements they made on the new car. I also like the interior. Maybe a coupe will look better. Most non-Viper owners I have talked to say the new SRT-10 looks like a big Honda S2000 or Corvette or Camero... but not a Viper.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I forgot to say "thumbs down."

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most non-Viper people I've talked to are very excited about the SRT primarily due to the performance numbers, although I don't think many of those I've talked to would or could buy one. When they asked me what I think of it I usually say that I'll keep my GTS, and look at the SRT again after they've had a few years to iron out the bugs (I don't believe in buying the first year of ANY car's production).

I didn't buy my GTS due to anyone else's opinion, and I won't buy or not buy the SRT based on someone else's view either. I hope the SRT lovers feel the same way. We are all entitled to our opinion. Mine says SRT thumbs down.
frown.gif

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to thank GTSTIM, JerryBlackwell, & BigsViper for taking the time to contribute to the SRT-10 Poll! Your vote definitely counts!

With your contribution to the Poll, the vote stands at 151-34 AGAINST the SRT-10. Please tell a friend to vote!

DC here we come! Could a Coupe be in the works because of the Mighty Viper Club of America!!!!!!!! Because of Direct Feedback from us! Our voice matters.
smile.gif

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it looks too much like other cars. Performance is awesome looks are just okay. I parked my '96 GTS at the jym and on my way out to the car I still get wowed! Some how it lost that in this iteration. Thumbs down on looks. Kenric

PETSN8K

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd have to agree with the majority on the SRT-10. Although I'm glad DC is uping the bar in performance (even though I think they could easily produce better numbers), I cannot make myself like the SRT-10 as much as I like the previous styles. It looks like what I expected the C6 Vette to look like. Good, but not a Viper.

Now if they produce the competition coupe with 550+ HP/TQ at a weight of under 3000 lbs, I'll take out a 2nd mortgage to get one!

But in the meantime I'll have to give a thumb's down on the new design, at least when comparing it to the RT/10 or the GTS body styles.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to thank viperrwk, KenricGTS, pc1663, & 2BADD 4U for their contribution to the Poll! Your opinions & comments definitely matter & will be heard!

With your voice, the poll stands at 155-34 AGAINST the SRT-10. Please tell a friend to vote!

v10venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thumbs Down from this dude

I don't even own a Viper, I am not part of the VCA, and I presently don't have the means to get a Viper. But all that will change soon after I finish school in the Navy. I know the SRT-10 from this website and from the car mags and I have to sy i don't like it.I am all for performance but it seems like muscle without soul,there is a lot of bite but no bark.

later
Jon

viperrwk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks count. Even my wife hates the way the new SRT-10 looks! Says it looks too much like a Vette. As a result, I wouldn't even be able to get the purchase req approved, so no new SRT-10 here. (Not that I would even submit the req since I agree with her.)

-viperrwk

USAF BAD ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

we clear?

viperweb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When it first came out (the concept) I would have said thumbs down, but it has grown on me since then and I will have to say thumbs up.

ACR Larry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THUMBS DOWN.

Reason: The only way to overcome the mediocre styling would have been to turbo or supercharge the engine so it would be way over the top. A 700 horsepower sleeper would have gotten “thumbs up” from me. There are many factory cars that will meet the 500HP mark in the next few years. The new Viper will not stand out in the crowd.

In my humble opinion Chrysler is looking for a way to improve their dismal financials. Making the Viper appeal to the masses may increase their chances. Either the Viper makes it as a higher production vehicle or they will cut the program altogether by 2005.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to thank the following gentlemen for taking the time to contribute to the SRT-10 Poll. Your voices and comments are appreciated & will definitely be heard!

ViperLuke, vtener, Kelly T, v10venom, USAF BAD ASP, viperweb, rich_01GTS, Flyin Phil, & acr autopia!

Thanks guys!

With your vote, the poll stands at 163-35 AGAINST the SRT-10. Please tell a friend to vote!

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is an impressive poll. 198 total votes and only 17.7% like the SRT! That speaks volumes about how badly DC has done this time. Guaranteed, the numbers looked better on the Gen I, II and GT40. SHAME ON YOU DC! Back to the poll.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to thank Ian Hardie & sfcobra97 for their contribution to the SRT-10 poll! Your opinions matter & are definitely appreciated!

With your voice, the poll stands at 165-35 AGAINST the SRT-10. Please tell a friend to vote!

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thumbs down. The current GTS is basic,uncomplicated, muscular,menacing, and masuline. It says USA all over it. It is a great platform for each of us to modify or not modify to suit our respective individual needs - whether it be cosmetic and/or performance. Somewhere along the line Dodge corporate lost track of the original vision of Mr. Lutz. Now we are to have a vehicle designed by Mr.Yutz. Look at the difference in the psyche of the two individuals and the reason for the design failure becomes obvious. I seriously doubt the designer of the new vehicle is a gear head. Furtheremore, although the current plant manager is a tough, charming, nononsense person who sits on PVO, she drives a pickup and also is not a gearhead. I believe her main strength is and was to help reduce the cost of manufacturing the vehicle,e.g. predrilled frame, normal hood, etc. I believe we are witnessing an attempt to ultimately move us all into a 500SL Mercedes coupe or the supercharged SLK and eliminate the Viper. First they will try to get us used to the bland styling of the new viper. Note the sticker price is higher. Then they will goose up the performance of the Mercedes vehicles. This has already started. What they are missing is that we want something somewhat raw, untamed and unique!!
I thought this might happen when I acquired my 1999 GTS. I just exercised my option to buy. There were only 70+ Black/Cognac GTS's made im 1999. Unless they come out with a true mean machine GTS replacement, my GTS and I will ride into the sunset of life together. SCREW MEDIOCRITY and the disgusting, gutless corporate types that foster it!!

Bob

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What an EXCELLENT commentary! Thank you for voting & voicing your true opinions Bobpantax! Your voice WILL BE HEARD!

With your contribution to the SRT-10 Poll, the vote stands at 166-35 AGAINST the SRT-10. Please tell a friend to vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery