OFFICIAL SRT-10 POLL!!! THUMBS UP or THUMBS DOWN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to than the following gentlemen for their contribution to the Poll. Hugo, Venom Lover, 1bad gts, billdoon, & Hotwax.
Your vote definitely counts & your opinions will be heard!

With your voice, the poll stands at 180-38 AGAINST the SRT-10. Please tell a friend to vote!

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Joe (1BAD),

Dodge surely listens to all we say, and believe me, they are building a car that will not only be the KING OF THE HILL for years, but will offer road course design and engineering that will clobber the competition! Mr Fernandez KNOWS what the others are building, and he has the advantage of over 10 years of development on a PROVEN design. ALL the changes that were built into the SRT were engineered to VASTLY improve on a design that was unbeatable.

Now, for your other question about "cheaper materials"... it depends about your definition of "cheap". If you mean less expensive, obviously the hood will be alot less expensive to replace if you unfortunately have an agricultural excursion. If you mean of lesser quality ... HECK NO! The Viper was always designed to be bare bones, "less is more", out of the crate race car that happens to be street legal. The features that I have seen in the interior seem to be of superior look and feel, and additionally incorporate some improvements in comforts (far superior sound system, dead pedal, harness bezels through seats, etc).

Let's get some of the facts on the table:

PVO, with Mr Fernandez in the driver's seat, has ONE focus in mind.. a better, faster car on the track! His staff at PVO back up this philosophy 100%! That's a tough act, as our Snakes are already incredible on the track, almost impossible to beat by any marque, at any price, and with any amount of HP, but I am convinced that WE WILL ALL GET BLOWN AWAY BY THE SRT! Some cars might come out with more HP, might be lighter, and might have a different look... but it's the combination of all factors that make a winning track car.

Three cheers for competition! ... and my bet is on PVO!

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe,

Will you be able to "track" the SRT-10 without a hard-top or roll bar?? I know you will get kicked off most sanctioned 1/4 tracks. How about road courses??

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to thank Jim Keaton for taking the time to contribute to our Official Survey! Your vote & opinions are important & will be heard!

With your contribution, the poll stands at 180-39 AGAINST the SRT-10. Please tell a friend to vote!

tristan rizzi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the old viper is a much more aggresive car, with lines that will never go out of style. While the new viper is 'nice' I don't think it's lines are classic - or that they will stand the test of time. It has gone mainstream and will require "UPDATING" to keep it looking fresh; I prefer the old one...

Tristan

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to thank tristan rizzi & JMcGuire for taking the time to contribute to the Official VCA SRT-10 Poll! Your opinions will definitely be heard in the end!

With your voice, the poll stands at 182-39 AGAINST the SRT-10. Please tell a friend to vote!

Jay H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Thumbs Up" I love the Original Look more than the new and had mixed emotions on the SRT but when I saw the Old and New side by side at Conner Ave, Its all Viper. I look at It this way, the new badge, the new name (SRT/10),new look its just the next step that eventualy happens to everything.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to thank Jay H for contributing to the SRT-10 Poll! Your opinion definitely matters!

With your vote, the poll stands at 182-40 AGAINST the SRT-10. Please tell a friend to vote!

c2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Say goodbye to the brutish good looks of the viper as we all know it. DC has "refined" the car to appeal to the blue haired county club set that will wheel this high HP veh to the club for a bridge game and cocktails on a Wed Afternoon......

THUMBS DOWN......

Daffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, this thread keeps calling me, so I guess I'll post, but it can't possibly matter at this point, the SRT is done, I need to learn to love it, or move to another car & I'm sure there'll be that "new crowd" member to move in & replace me in the new viperdom.

Anyway, I was going to explain how I must be a thumbs up, because I would have to sell my RT for my SRT, & I am really considering going the SRT route when I get "the call". But, I then felt that if I have to explain how I must be a thumbs-up person, then I'm probably really a thumbs-down person with regard to this thread. Might I take delivery of mine, yes, unless dissappointing perf numbers come out before then. But, in answer to this thread am I ga-ga over the SRT, regretably no, I love the comp coupe with just those subtly more agressive lines, but thumbs-down on the SRT "look" for me.

Dave.

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I'll give this a try.
The new Viper doesn't compare to the "brutish" or Retro good looks of the current Viper, I agree.
The car is a differant car - a true convertible, something the Viper has never been. I like muscle car convertibles and have been wishing for a super vette convertible for a long time, so the new SRT-10 does that for me. I still would love a new coupe more like the Concept Coupe, but I wasn't thrilled with that car compared to my current ACR either - it looks very modern to me vs the 60's-70's styling of the current coupe wich I like alot.
The GT-40 looks are very appealing to me, but I haven't owned a Ford since my wife and I got married 11 years ago and that car caught on fire all the time!
When you compare the SRT-10 to a 360 spyder for 250K Plus (which I don't like the looks of that car better than the current Viper either) the SRT-10 is a steal!
I give it a thumbs up for what it is, dwelling on what it was or could have been won't make it any differant.
What it is, is a Triple Nickle Convertible Monster!
I'll take mine in RED Thanks!
2Charmed

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The old body style is a classic, i sit in the garage and just look and smile at my 2000 GTS. The new SRT-10 looks like most production sports car, this is my first Chrysler product and maybe my last. The new corvette Z-06 is now in the family with the new viper so why pay more just for performance, a few bolt on's and the vette is right there. THUMBS DOWN.......

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT COLOR="red">edit by Vipermad, then by toddt</FONT c>

Your poll is "Thumbs up or thumbs down?"

It is illogical to count someone as thumbs down who is also purchasing the $75,000 car he is supposedly thumbs down on.

EDIT--sorry, changed the wording to be less insulting.

Sorry, Trey, I swear to you I did not mean to offend. It seems like the soundest of logic that a vote to purchase can only be vote thumbs up. From DC's perspective (whom you say monitors this poll), you can BET that's the bottom line.

Daffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toddt,

Maybe I can clarify my position, because I've ordered one & put in thumbs down, which may seem contrary. I'm on the fence as to whether I will give up my RT over the SRT, if the perf is significantly better, than I plan on making the switch. My logic is I can get the car for $100 over invoice & drive it until I love it or I don't. Either I keep it a long time, or sell it for (most likely) no loss & maybe even a gain (if you believe the hype). So ... I ordered one, confirmed it, 70% likely to buy it, but I am currently thumbs down on the design. I'll let ya know how I feel after driving it a few months. That's the best I can explain my logic on this very emotional subject.

Dave.

S

SUN RA KAT

I'm planning on getting a Viper anywhere from next month to a little more the a year from now. I'm trying to decide new or used, GTS or RT-10, or SRT-10. Headroom (I'm 6'5" tall) is a major concern.

I say THUMBS UP to the current GTS and RT-10 because they are VIPER!!! I love the classic design that shouts VIPER!!!, the quirkiness, and everything else about the GTS and RT-10 that makes them VIPER!!! (Gen II only here, the Gen I and the Ohio weather of raining every other day doesn't make them practical to have where i live, IMHO.

I say THUMBS UP to the SRT-10 because of its much improved practicallity and performance. However, if it's priced above $77,000, the improved performance and practicallity will have to be a quantum leap above the current Vipers. I like it because it is a Viper. (Notice no all caps and no exclamation points in the last sentence.) The toned down design appeals to me because of my driving style of going slightly faster than the speed limit. I've learned that stealthiness increases my chance of not getting a ticket. The current VIPER!!! is too VIPER!!! to even remotely be considered stealthy.

So, I'm casting 1/2 vote for and 1/2 vote against.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to thank the following people for taking the time to vote on the Official SRT-10 VCA POLL. c2000, randall, Daffy, Johnpahd3, 2charmed, ronviper, & SUN RA KAT.

Your opinions definitely will be heard!

With your contribution to the poll, the vote stands at 187-42 AGAINST the SRT-10. Please tell a friend to vote!

viperdoctor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me see if I can finally get this voting thing right: Thumbs down on this poll.

Let me know how I did?
grazy.gif

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by viperdoctor:
Let me see if I can finally get this voting thing right: Thumbs down on this poll.

Let me know how I did?
grazy.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you already voted. Am I right?

MY EDIT....

I take that back. You commented on the 9th or 10th page of the poll but never cast your vote. Is it thumbs up or thumbs down on the SRT-10 in your opinion?

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMcGuire:

I guess my answer would be when everyone stops contributing to the Poll. But the real answer is whenever Tony (Vipermad) Rickard decides that the Poll has run its course. The information in this poll is going to be invaluable to PVO IMO. We've got opinions from hundreds of actual Viper owners & potential SRT-10 consumers. Our voice is definitely going to be heard! There's so much input here that a GTS Version would look <u>AMAZING</u> if they just took the time to review all of the data. Oh yeah, and the majority of SRT-10 guy's you spoke of have already cast their vote.

viperdoctor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thumbs down on the SRT styling. It had to change and even though I don't like it, it makes my Viper the "old, slower" model in the eyes of the most important critics -- the chicks! Boo hoo.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to thank the following people for taking the time to contribute to the Poll. steelgts, AlexL, viperdoctor, & Buzzzz. Your voice will definitely be heard & your vote counts!

With your contribution, the poll stands at 191-42 AGAINST the SRT-10. Please tell a friend to vote!

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by King GTS:
Oh yeah, and the majority of SRT-10 guy's you spoke of have already cast their vote.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean, all both of them?
laugh.gif

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to thank KIHMO & DRYVEM (Martin & Barbara) for taking the time to contribute to the poll. Your vote definitely counts! And your voice will be heard!

With your contribution, the poll stands at 193-42 AGAINST the SRT-10. Please tell a friend to vote!

Viablo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thumbs Down, as far as the looks. Will not buy this one.

Thumbs up as it keeps the gen 3 numbers from growing (rare).

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My vote on whether I like the SRT or not is a definite "No"!
It's simply not a car I lust for.

If you don't compare it to a Gen 1 or Gen II Viper, it looks okay.
It's just not a Viper IMO.

As far as some people saying it will out perform a Gen II, that remains to be seen.
BURNOUT.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave