OFFICIAL SRT-10 POLL!!! THUMBS UP or THUMBS DOWN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My opinion is based on pictures only. So I reserve the right of final judgment once I actually get to see the car. For now, it does not have me wishing I could have it instead of my '01.

jcochran

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I loved my '00 GTS. When the time comes to get a replacement to fill the Viper void in my life, it won't be a SRT-10 I buy from ol' Pemberton.

The SRT-10 posts great numbers, but I can get an equally unassuming sports car to do the same with some mod work. The Gen I/II Viper is all about over-the-top/in-your-face styling, and then backing it up with astounding performance. It's an American icon - you don't mistake a Viper for something else when you see it.

Thumbs down for me

James

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for contributing BobK898 & jcochran. Your voices will definitely be heard.

With your contribution to the Official SRT-10 Poll, the vote sits at 52-4 AGAINST the SRT-10. Please tell a friend to contribute!

Everyone on this Board has an opinion & EVERY single persons opinion matters! Thanks for contributing and voting. Please tell any of your Viper friends to sound off and take part in the poll.

Keep Voting!!

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you MES & Cyclone GTS for your voice! It will definitely be heard!

With your contribution, the poll stands at 54-4 AGAINST the SRT-10. Please tell a friend to contribute!

artman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would not trade my '00 for a new SRT. Not now or ever. Will consider adding new coupe though if and when it arrives.....

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for contributing artman. Your vote counts!!

With your voice, the poll stands at 55-4 AGAINST the SRT-10. Please tell a friend to contribute!

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too voted with my pocket book. I bought a 2002 Final Edition and a 2003. I love them both. Thumbs up for me.

However, I think there are almost 14,000 Gen 1 and Gen 2 vipers. Do we really need more? Change is good.

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was very concerned a few years ago that the horsepower wars would die with the Gen II.

The rumor was that Dodge was going to switch to supercharged V-6's.

Not only did Dodge not switch, they became the first American Musclecar ever to hit the 500HP mark.

Once again, Dodge moves the target that the other factories are trying to hit.

Here we have, LIKELY, the first genuine 11 second car (in the mags) in American History. I cannot believe so many of you are discounting this strong possibility in your decisions. I would NEVER EVER EVER have bought the viper if the Corvette had always been faster. It would have been an "all-for-show" car in that case. Performance first, styling second.

The styling? The rear end treatment is better than the RT. The front end treatment is worse than the RT.
The side treatment is slightly worse than the RT.
The hood is BETTER than the R/T--that hood is a work of art.
The scoop is unfornunate. Double NACA ducts would have been better.
The RIMS ARE THE BEST since the 94.

Remember, DC could have killed the V-10 if they wanted to. They could have gone in a completely different direction. They didn't.

How are all of you going to feel when the SRT is wiping everyone up at the track? Somehow I think a lot of you thumbs down guys are going to soften. Performance #1 #2 #3. Styling #4.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for contributing to the poll CODY & toddt! Your opinion definitely matters & I appreciate you taking the time to Vote & letting your voices be heard.

With your voice, the poll stands at 55-6 AGAINST the SRT-10. Please tell a friend to contribute!

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT10 wrote:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
King, I appriciate your honesty but I'd just like to say that if you know MANY MANY people selling their cars for PROFIT, that should tell you that there is a market out there willing to pay OVER MSRP to have the car. DC wants a market and by your own admission (cert owners selling for profit) Dc has it. Thanks for giving me 1 minuite of your time.:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hate to point out the obvious, but the thread was directed at Viper owners...most of which prefer the current car to the SRT10. If you check around, DC does have a market as you stated...it is with many of the converted -Corvette crowd, Ricer car crowd, etc. Not that a few Viper owners don't like the new car, it is just apparent that MOST CURRENT owners have voiced their opinion of dislike for it. This is not a discussion about if the car can sell or not. I would be willing to bet that GM sold more Pontiac Aztecs than SRT10's will be produced. I just don't want one. This is a thread of owners likes and passions, not a bean counter's survey.
Get it?

Leonard Knight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, hard to vote the other way but I am. I like the new SRT. Not as much as my 96 or 2001 but it is different and I like that. I have one on order and hope it is one of the first shipped.

Leonard

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT size="4">I Hate the STRATUS RAG TOP SO MUCH! THUMBS DOWN!!!!!
puke.gif
Hey trey, since I dispise it enough for a couple of people, can my vote count twice?
laugh.gif
</FONT s>

By the way, Trey EXCELLENT post! Its about time something like this was done. This really goes to show what viper nation thinks of the abomination called the SRT.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Leonard Knight for your support of the poll! Your vote counts & is appreciated!

With your voice, the poll stands at 55-7 AGAINST the SRT-10.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you JP & Smokin V10 for participating in the Official SRT-10 Poll! Your voices & comments are definitely important & will be heard!

With your voice, the poll stands at 57-7 AGAINST the SRT-10.

one vote per person Smokin...
smile.gif

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw the 2003 Viper in Detroit. Big disappointment. I was hoping it looked better in person than the mags, but it actually looked worse, IMO. Basically, it is an average looking sports car with incredible performance. I'm used to having it all (looks + performance) with my Gen II GTS, so unfortunately, I gotta give it a thumbs down. I wish I didn't have to do this...
crying.gif

P.S. - Maybe I'll feel different about the GTS (If they make one), because I really like the Comp. Coupe. And yes, I saw this car as well at Mid-Ohio.
cool.gif

Later

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you onerareviper for participating in the poll! Your voice definitely counts!

And don't feel bad about your vote! This ENTIRE POLL will be placed in the right peoples hands to bring about a positive change!

With your voice, the poll stands at 58-7 AGAINST the SRT-10.

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Trey,

I'm not an owner, but I'm a Viper Enthusiast to the core, and have been SORELY disappointed with it's styling.
Hope my vote can count, because I will someday be purchasing a Viper, and I will ONLY consider a Gen I/II.

Regards,
Clint

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Clint Server for taking the time to vote! Your vote counts & your comments as well!

The poll stands at 59-7 AGAINST the SRT-10 with your voice.

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not trying to derail this post. But the overwhelming skew of members disliking the SRT is extremely disturbing. When you take into consideration that they are now NOT ALLOWING negative posts on that board. This practice is now almost a crime to Viper Nation. Please read a post in the Off Topic Forum on this matter. Back to the original subject.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our first day at the polls was great! Lets keep it up guys and hopefully we can get some of our female members to contribute their vote tomorrow as well. Look out DC. Something constructive & positive is on the way! From the folks that got you where you are today! The VCA!!
smile.gif

Keep Voting!

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the SRT will be a better streetcar than the Gen-II, but it no longer looks like a Viper to me. I'll only buy one if my wife wants to replace her current Daytona (fat chance); I'm keeping my RT/10.

THUMBS DOWN.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you treynor for letting your voice be heard! It definitely matters!

With your contribution to the poll, the vote stands at 60-7 AGAINST the SRT-10.

Tell A Viper friend!

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trey, great idea here, and most all is keeping it above the board, awesome!!

Afer seeing where the SRT was heading I went out and bought a GENII as fast as possible, so for if it was not for the SRT I would still be muddling around with reasons why I should not buy a Viper! For that alone, go SRT.....

I think I come semi-qualified to speak on the SRT, I have been to the plant a few times, spent over an hour at the auto show going over the SRT (and deciding it wasn't for me and hence my GTS), as well as a good once over at the plant including listening to the motor.

The methods used to shave production costs cheapen the car, from the hood, to some interior bits, the intake plenum (1 throttle body??) and even the radio seems to be DC issued, much like the rest of their line, overall thumbs down.

And Todd, go to Popular Mechanics and do a search on Viper, don't have the link handy, they ran in the 11's in a GTS, that qualifies as a "mag" in my book, not sure you've seen it?

keep posting gang, and Chuckman goes on the record as a no, I'm truly impressed, fence sitters need not apply in this thread, I love it.....keep it going!

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for your contribution to the poll genXgts! Your comments were invaluable!

With your voice, the poll stands at 61-7 AGAINST the SRT-10.

Tell a Viper friend!

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen the SRT in person and sat in it. It doesn't grab me like the Gen I and II models do. I elected to make my 3rd Viper a Final Edition GTS rather than the SRT.
Now if they make the coupe............. I'll be in line!
Bob K

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by genXgts:
And Todd, go to Popular Mechanics and do a search on Viper, don't have the link handy, they ran in the 11's in a GTS, that qualifies as a "mag" in my book, not sure you've seen it?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

laugh.gif
SHAME ON ME! I link that that article all the time! I guess I was thinking of the Car mags, though. Plus 1badgts told me that Mike Brunton was driving in that article without a muffler.

Status
Not open for further replies.