Oil Filter choices for Gen IV's

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto, factory. the GEN IV filter was redesigned, it filters and flows better than most.

Bruce

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just order them from either Chuck Tator or Mark Jorgenson(see post #5 above).

Mark, you took your 800 number out of your Signature! It was an excellent reference for me :2tu:

OP
OP
T

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No dealership stocks them over here...I need to get a couple ordered. Thanks for all the feedback.

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems pretty unanimous. I've been using K&Ns on my other cars. Any specific reason why the SRT filter is the runaway favorite?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
A search would have revealed this informative and definitive thread:

http://forums.viperclub.org/grail-trail/629200-new-srt-oil-filter-help.html#post2740545

In case you can't open this link...here is the "meat" of it:

"Herb,
SRT engineers cracked the mystery!!!

From the SRT Engineers:
The SRT oil filter for all the past engines and the new 22mm inlet SRT filter for the Gen 4 and beyond engines share the same characteristics.
We worked with many of the filter suppliers to get the best features. Some fell out for various performance reasons but we ended up developing the current SRT filters with one of the mainstream manufacturers (it is different than their commercial offerings - or at least was when we developed it). The high flow oil pumps in our large engines (Viper is the biggest) can overpower the internal relief valve. When this valve opens it allows some of the high pressure dirty oil to bypass the filter element in order to keep the filter from being damaged. The SRT filters do indeed have a higher differential bypass valve to make sure all the oil delivered to your powerplant is clean. The housing is slightly thicker than many of the brands out there to handle the pressure but is not the thickest. The real thick ones failed our development testing (fractured at the crimped flange). The media used was one of the latest synthetics that allowed very fine filtration, more debris capacity, and much lower restriction than our standard Mopar filter (and just about every other filter out there). The final result was clean oil to your Snake, all the time, with more pressure to the internals where it is needed. I would fully recommend using this filter in your beast, I do in mine. Hope this info helps. KCC"

OP
OP
T

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The search function on this site is great for finding info.

05038041AA

Bruce

Mopar also lists a different part number for oil filters for 2008-2010 SRT10 Vipers.

04884899AB

Does anyone know what the difference is...??

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth