Oil Pressure?

SCOTTB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey all just wondering I had my oil changed at the dealership and when i got it back the gauge reads 80 psi thats the max # is this ok i never looked at it before this so i dont know where it normally is... thanks Oh and one more thing he said it takes 11.5 quarts i knew it would hold alot but is that right???

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
11 qts is what my took to show full,when it warms up oil pressure will drop ,ck oil level make sure its not overfilled if so go back to dealer.oil presure will read high when engine is cold,when it warms up it will drop.

qtr_mile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
11 quarts is also the amount they indicated for my last oil change at the dealer. My oil pressure also reads near 80 when cold. Not sure what it reads when warmed up but it does drop significantly.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might want to make sure the dealer used the proper viscosity oil. If he used an oil that was to heavy it would cause a higher reading on your oil pressure gauge. Do not assume they used the proper oil!

Roadrunner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's pretty normal... you'll note that 03 was the only year that the oil pressure guage only goes to 80... all other years go to 100 on the guage. And they use the same engine / oiling.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960