OK, whats the deal with the vette wave?

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After lkeaving a Speed World Challenge event at Laguna last year, I got waves and nods from Vette owners. There was a big group of Vettes there for Lemans. Anyways, it was cool,just a bunch of people who love cars and racing.
But on the street ,I have yet to get a wave from a Vette. I have had many run ins with Ferrari's and Lambos', probably half have waved.
And I still get the..... Is that a Vette, or I thought that was a Vette. What is that, then they read the emblem and say... Ooohhhh Its a Viper!!! I guess most still arent used to seeing them. Even in my area, where sports cars are a common thing.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I own a 99 vette and a 04 viper. I just happen to like both cars. My Vette is a nicer ride. My viper is bad ass. There both american cars and thats the good point as I blew away a CarreraS Sunday .This guy wanted to race me in the worst way but I don't race in traffic. As we were driving off from a light he got on it I got on it he was in the dust in less than a second. Can't call it a race since only two gears were used but, he understood his place. Gave me a thumbs up.

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So just to be diplomatic and friendly I have initiated the wave to Vette owners before they wave to my Viper. I got ZILCH from 4 Vette owners in a row. You know... you try to be a good guy and that's what you get.

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't sweat it. The Vette is a great car. If they don't want to waive back, let them continue with their insufferable existence. Me, I am a happy guy.

Enjoy the ride.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had my Viper for 6 years now and NEVER has a Vette guy waved at me in my GTS. I test drove a SRT on a Saturday afternoon a few months back and low and behold I received 3 waves from Vette guys,so I hate to break it too you fellows there waving at you because they think you are driving a Vette!!! It is safe to say I am no longer interested in a SRT as my 2nd Viper.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We personally have never mistaken a Viper for a Vette, and if a Vette guy is waving just 'cus he thinks a Vette is coming at him, well--they get a friendly wave from us anyway!!
(have YOU mistaken a Viper for a Vette??).....juli

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rapid City,S.D. I've seen at least a 1000 Vettes threw the years driving my GTS and never has anyone waved. Maybe it's just me but I don't do anything wrong on the road to make myself look like an ass. Now everyone else seems to enjoy my Viper as much as I do with all the thumbs-up,honking of the horns, and camera phones taking pictures. I guess the GTS has such a cocky look that all the other Vette drivers think we are just as cocky as the GTS!!!

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can't we all just get along? I'm so sick of brand bashing, it's absolutely annoying. I'm a car guy at heart, whether it's a vette, viper, GT, Ferrari, Lambo, I don't give a ****! I love cars period! I love sport compacts, hell I used to own an EVO and it was one of the neatest cars I've had the priviledge of owning. If I see guys in a nicely souped up foreign car, I usually look over and give them a thumbs up no matter what I'm driving at the time. If someone comes up to my car with a cell phone camera, I wave and smile and give them a thumbs up. Sports cars are ****, they draw attention, many cannot have one, if they se one, of course they are going to get excited and want to see who's driving it. What's wrong with that. You don't have to be an ******* to someone who thinks your car is the ****! Those who choose to run around in their little 'Viper' or Vette' or 'X Brand' cliques and ignore others are really missing out. I've met a ton of people who take pride in their particular car and have gained lots of knowledge and lasting friendships that way. If you think you are the **** because you own a Viper, you are living in a bubble! If you think you are the **** because you own a Vette, you live in a bubble too! Hell, if you think you're the **** because you own anything, get a life! There will always be a nicer car than yours, someone will always have a more expenisve car than yours, nowadays, there are a ton of cars that are putting down 500+ to the rear wheels. OK, I'm digressing because I'm getting worked up...in a nutshell...... WAVE!