One thing I really like

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new gen V ! :drive: Fast times are coming in the 1/4 mile times. Not a road racer but when it comes
to running a 1/4 mile I just :D. Spoke with Bill P today to go over what I want. Let RANGER KNOW IT WILL
TAKE MORE THEN A ZR1 TO BEAT ME. This time and knowing how to race fair, reaction time means everything
If your the fastest and dont know how to time your launch, well your time means nothing to me!:drive:.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new gen V ! :drive: Fast times are coming in the 1/4 mile times. Not a road racer but when it comes
to running a 1/4 mile I just :D. Spoke with Bill P today to go over what I want. Let RANGER KNOW IT WILL
TAKE MORE THEN A ZR1 TO BEAT ME. This time and knowing how to race fair, reaction time means everything
If your the fastest and dont know how to time your launch, well your time means nothing to me!:drive:.

So what your prediction on what you think the Gen V will do?

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Isn't anyone wondering why SRT has not posted any actual 1/4 mile ET's. There have been multiple press releases guessing at ET's from 11.3 to 11.7. A good driver in a Gen 1 can get close to the 11's. My last 10 runs in a Gen 2 (slightly modified) have all been 11.0X. I have already ordered my Gen V and I am hoping for the best, however, the silence is deafening.I can see one problem related to 1/4 mile times, that is the lack of a good drag tire that fits the car.

The write up on the launch control is interesting, it allows you to dial in a max launch rpm of approx 4500. If that is true I do not understand why that car cannot easily break the 11's. Again, I do not understand why all the SRT hype has totally bypassed the ability of the car at the drag strip. Beating the ZR1/ZO6's brings a lot of positive press.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's amazing that no performance data has been released and orders open next week.

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You would think with traction control and/or launch control, more HP, lower gearing, you should easily break into the 10's.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah why is that in the Member's only section? Anybody can get a twitter account and follow Ralph Gilles for free.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, anyone can ask him too. I was the one that posed the question - and he answered.

I think some feel it is "slighting" the VOI crowd, but - it is 2012, social media is king and IMO it is GREAT to see a CEO using it to engage like he does. You don't see the CEO of Porsche tweeting/replying to people who own his product.