[*****] or SVS

97 GTS BL/WH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in the market for a Viper, if I were to purchase one already modified - say in the streetable 6oo hp range, which company would you suggest?

I think the two most notable are [*****] or SVS.

QUICKV10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is it h enn essy or svs? If so you can't type his name here, he was naughty a will back, So your answer is SVS

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just google the [*****] word and you'll be fully enlightened. The word "crook" comes to mind.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is one Colorado chapter member who bought a used Henny GTS. When he called Henny he was treated rather rudely. All the guy wanted to know were a few things about the car he had just purchased. He posts on the SRT Ram board as well (VTCOA.com) and isnt well liked there either after one of his twin turbo Rams smoked like a school bus when coming to a stop. It took pressure from the forum for him to even think about fixing the problem. It took a few months but the truck was finally fixed.

Crook is putting it nicely.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's pretty amazing how the general public perceives him and even Car and Driver still invites him to their shoot outs. People in Viper circles pretty much know about the reputation but it has not really got out to the general public.

ROGUE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's pretty amazing how the general public perceives him and even Car and Driver still invites him to their shoot outs. People in Viper circles pretty much know about the reputation but it has not really got out to the general public.

The only reason the magazine guys use his cars is because he's the only tuner who will hand over a customers car for them to beat the ever living chit out of for a couple weeks.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you find a good modified car, depending on its location, see if a local viper tech or even better a tuner can take a look at it. They should be able to give you a good idea of the quality of the build.

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

The only reason the magazine guys use his cars is because he's the only tuner who will hand over a customers car for them to beat the ever living chit out of for a couple weeks.

LOL good point!

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you find a good modified car, depending on its location, see if a local viper tech or even better a tuner can take a look at it. They should be able to give you a good idea of the quality of the build.

LMAO

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Hen makes some really fast Vipers and has put all that drama
to rest a long time ago. No worries these days.
spray...........

Drama? I don't care if Shelby himself endorses the tuner, once you screw
over a customer the way he did you no longer have an option to get my money.
Some things are forgivable - accidently forgetting a bolt, breaking loose
a car on a test drive, that sort of thing. But he willingly chose his path.

It was really a shame, he built some bullet-proof setups in the day.

I'd recommend Heff from personal experience. Underground has a rep for being
pricey and long to build, but I haven't heard any real complaints.

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
spray...........

So , you are saying that he screwed you and owes you money? Sorry ,I don't buy it. :hitfan:

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spray,
I'm saying he screwed me and owes me the year +, that it took me to get my money back. Since I had gone public way back when, I have gotten so many first hand accounts from people he screwed over. Anyone thinking of purchasing anything he put his name to, should walk the other way. The car probably doesn't have the mods it is supposed to. Leager, if you do go that route, see if the seller will meet you at a dyno to see if the car puts out what it's supposed to. Also, do a search, I'm sure you will find plenty of info and see why he's banned from this site. Good luck!

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
spray...........

Underground doesn't cost anymore than Heff. Usually they are pretty close in price. I know from experience. Both are great tuners and will take good care of you.
Bonkers what have you had done by Underground???? Have you personally even had anything priced by them???? :nono:

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm not knocking Underground, just repeating what fellow
owners have told me. Everyone I have spoken to have been
satisfied with their work.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my replacement motor for my SRT Ram from Kevins (Underground Racing) '03 Viper after mine blew up on the dyno...grrrrrr. Price was more then fair and he was easy to get a hold of on the phone and through e-mail. From that experience plus their success in the Viper community I wouldnt hesitate to have them build a car (or SRT Ram truck) for me.

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say a nice test is to verify that the car will fry the tires when you throttle into 2nd and maybe even 3rd - 3rd should be breaking loose if the road has any undulations.

At Sea Level of course. At 5000-6000 ft, don't even think about 2nd.

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say a nice test is to verify that the car will fry the tires when you throttle into 2nd and maybe even 3rd - 3rd should be breaking loose if the road has any undulations.

At Sea Level of course. At 5000-6000 ft, don't even think about 2nd.

Just use a slighly dusty road or 8 years old tires and a stock Gen 1 will do that. A dyno may be more accurate.