Enthusiast
Reaction score
For street driving, my 2 cents.

Gen 1 Stock = 3.73 Modified 3:54/3.55
Gen 2 Stock = 3:55 Modified 3.33
Gen 3 Stock = 3.55 Modified 3.33
Gen 4 Stock = 3.33 Modified 3.07

Supercharged = 3.07

In most cases the larger gear is more fun, but you run the risk of overdriving your chassis and tires. Smaller gears not so much fun, but less frantic.

On larger tracks the engine torque will pull the smaller gear, and result in a more controlled high performance envelope.
Larger gears on long tracks tend to upset the car with more frequent shifting, and more violent torque application. Bigger gears work better on shorter tracks.

Shorter gears will fling you out of the corners with tires flailing and the rear end stepping way out. Longer gears will allow smooth transitions out of the corners, and less shifting down the straights.

Track guys may see the biggest decrease in lap times with just changing out 5th gear for use on the longer straights.

Big gears also equal big fun. Maybe not the fastest way around, but certaintly the most fun.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good point. completely differant power delivery in the gen4's compared to the gen3's

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone has Racepak data on a Gen IV ACR they want to compare, that is the best way to compare gears. It will tell you accel G's coming out of corners, straights, etc. Track data which I have includes VIR, MMP, MO, PP, Gingerman, and a few more. PM me if interested in comparing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21