Parting out gen 3 mods

dcvickers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In light of the recent gen 5 price cut I'm going to return my gen 3 coupe to stock and get rid of it in order to pick up a TA. Everything has ~2k miles except the headers, exhaust, and wheels which all have ~5k miles on them.

List of things I need to get rid of:

Blue quality plug wires - $100
Blue JTSVP plug socks - $20
Adjustable timing chain with cam sprocket machined for gen 3 - $300
A&C ported heads with 76cc combustion chambers - $3200
Hardened pushrods (length is 7.550" I believe - can confirm when I remove them) - $100
Set of slow bleed lifters - $250
A&C N/A camshaft (cam card upon request) - $500
Woodhouse engine mounts - $200
Poly trans mount - $30
MGW shift knob (has silver emblem/finish that matches other interior components) - $50
MCS singles with 500/800 springs - $2800
6-spoke wheels - $2000
Catless M&M headers - $1000
Corsa 3" exhaust - $1000
Gen IV hood with vent inserts (no deflector or hood pad) - $1500

Feel free to make an offer on anything. I'm located in Madison, WI and I'd prefer to get this stuff out locally (locally as in Minneapolis/Chicago/Milwaukee area). Also, my intake manifold is cut to match the heads to I'd be more than willing to do a heads/intake swap plus cash.

Last edited:

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
What kind of power did the head and cam package put down?

OP
OP
D

dcvickers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of power did the head and cam package put down?

565rwhp/545rwtq which was about 120hp/50tq pickup over stock. I think a bigger TB would've helped. With headers, exhaust, K&N, and a tune I only picked up 10-15rwhp, but about 25rwtq so the heads and somewhat mild cam were worth a significant chunk. I was actually going to install a more agressive cam this winter. There is some minor lope to this setup, but sometimes it's hard to tell it even has a bigger cam in it.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
565rwhp/545rwtq which was about 120hp/50tq pickup over stock. I think a bigger TB would've helped. With headers, exhaust, K&N, and a tune I only picked up 10-15rwhp, but about 25rwtq so the heads and somewhat mild cam were worth a significant chunk. I was actually going to install a more agressive cam this winter. There is some minor lope to this setup, but sometimes it's hard to tell it even has a bigger cam in it.

Interesting to see all the differences in power output for similar mods between builds. I just have an intake, catback, and a tune on mine and got 480/530 at the wheels, so I think that's somewhere around 50 hp and torque over stock (at least what my club was seeing stock on previous dyno days at the same shop). I see all these heads and cam builds and it tempts me greatly, but it also seems I have a bit of a factory ringer so I hate to mess with it too much.

OP
OP
D

dcvickers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting to see all the differences in power output for similar mods between builds. I just have an intake, catback, and a tune on mine and got 480/530 at the wheels, so I think that's somewhere around 50 hp and torque over stock (at least what my club was seeing stock on previous dyno days at the same shop). I see all these heads and cam builds and it tempts me greatly, but it also seems I have a bit of a factory ringer so I hate to mess with it too much.

Tell me about it. My car was 450/490 stock which seemed pretty strong, but it didn't respond as well to mods as I would have liked. It was still a blast to drive, though. :drive:

OP
OP
D

dcvickers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UPDATE: I don't know if the sale of the hood is going to go through so I added the price back ($1500). PLEASE be local as I really don't want to ship this thing.

OP
OP
D

dcvickers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Price reductions:
A&C ported heads - $3000
Woodhouse engine mounts - $150
Corsa Exhaust - $900

There's gotta be someone out there who wants this stuff!

OP
OP
D

dcvickers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Updated list with lowered prices!!

Blue quality plug wires - $100
Blue JTSVP plug socks - $20
Adjustable timing chain with cam sprocket machined for gen 3 - $300
A&C ported heads with 76cc combustion chambers - $2700
Hardened pushrods (length is 7.550" I believe - can confirm when I remove them) - $100
Set of slow bleed lifters - $250
A&C N/A camshaft (cam card upon request) - $400
Woodhouse engine mounts - $150
Poly trans mount - $30
MGW shift knob (has silver emblem/finish that matches other interior components) - $50
MCS singles with 500/800 springs - $2800
6-spoke wheels - $2000
Catless M&M headers - $800
Corsa 3" exhaust - $800
Gen IV hood with vent inserts (no deflector or hood pad) - $1500

OP
OP
D

dcvickers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I tried to place some stuff on the classifieds and I didn't know there was a listing fee. What a crock. Oh well, you guys can find my classifieds elsewhere (you know where to look).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4