Passenger side harness install question??

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i installed harnesses on both seats in my car this weekend and my mind keeps driving me nuts with something that didnt seem right. passenger side shoulder attachment points, you need to remove (2) 1 1/2" long 7/16 torque bolts that are holding in a module of some sort, the question is that the harness eye bolts are about 1 " in length , im trying to mke sure that these longer factory bolts werent holding anything else under the mounting plate out of sight. just asking if anyone else had this delema or do i need to get longer eyebolts to match the length of the factory ones that were installed or its fine and dodge just used longer bolts for the hell of it ?? i also did the install with the seats in place, not that bad just a few profanities:2tu:

thanks

Last edited:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they were found on the inside of the car in the corner of each seat location, they are the mounting points for harnesses.

i installed harnesses on both seats in my car this weekend and my mind keeps driving me nuts with something that didnt seem right. passenger side shoulder attachment points, you need to remove (2) 1 1/2" long 7/16 torque bolts that are holding in a module of some sort, the question is that the harness eye bolts are about 1 " in length , im trying to mke sure that these longer factory bolts werent holding anything else under the mounting plate out of sight. just asking if anyone else had this delema or do i need to get longer eyebolts to match the length of the factory ones that were installed or its fine and dodge just used longer bolts for the hell of it ?? i also did the install with the seats in place, not that bad just a few profanities:2tu:

thanks

OP
OP
B

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the car is a 08 ,its only on the passenger side, theres the child seat safety teather attachment loop in the middle and then in the holes were the harness eyebolts go there are bolts in each hole that hold some type of module that is to the back of the opening. these same holes are empty and covered with black tape on driver side. the question is that im removing a 1 1/2" bolt and replacing it with a 1" eyebolt, should i worry or replace the eyebolt with a 1 1/2" version??
thanks

thanks to nader for the schroth recommendation:2tu:

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did a direct swap on both my 08 and 09 Coupe and nothing has gone wrong or failed as of yet. So I am saying your good just do it!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There are issues As we tell anyone considering harness where a factory NAV unit is installed.
Do you have NAV?

OP
OP
B

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes, the car has factory navigation. after comparing all the types of harnesses available in person in other cars. i decided on the 4 point schroth harness with the anti submarine feature. for my needs it fit the bill perfect. ive picked up 1 1/2" new eyebolts and am going to replace the 1" ones, so no more mental delemas

thanks to all

Last edited:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went with the same belt. It works well. good luck.

yes, the car has factory navigation. after comparing all the types of harnesses available in person in other cars. i decided on the 4 point schroth harness with the anti submarine feature. for my needs it fit the bill perfect. ive picked up 1 1/2" new eyebolts and am going to replace the 1" ones, so no more mental delemas

thanks to all

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang