Paxton races?

prevnine11ownr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you paxton guys run up against a new Z06 yet? I tangled with one last summer...and punished him pretty good (3rd gear roll)...Just curious !! Traction is our big problem....John

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have run up against 2 so far. Beat them both, and I only have 528 rwhp! I am no where near you Paxton guys, but I still held my own!:headbang:

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I beat new Z06's when I was at 508rwhp, usually had them by 1/2 car to a car, depending on who got the better jump. These were freeway rollons.
My buddy with his Paxton, would then destroy me from a roll on. So a Z06, stock or lightly modded wont stand a chance against a Paxton Viper. I can run in 2nd or 3rd gear on freeway and hook up.
My only race with my paxton so far, has been a 650ish rwhp Supercharged Mustang. I had him by 4-5 cars at least. I think they are alot heavier though. We pulled over and the guy was very suprised to have lost so bad. A Viper with a Paxton is hard to beat on the freeway. But then there may always be someone else faster....

Badazzv8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was heat soaked in mine and we were dead even until higher speeds, and I'd start to slightly pull. This was in pretty warm summer weather. He got off of the line better than me, but I couldn't pull him, only started to pull up top.

SAE corrected, I put down 650rwhp. This was in somewhat cool weather, but after a couple of pulls, I lost around 40rwhp.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was heat soaked in mine and we were dead even until higher speeds, and I'd start to slightly pull. This was in pretty warm summer weather. He got off of the line better than me, but I couldn't pull him, only started to pull up top.

SAE corrected, I put down 650rwhp. This was in somewhat cool weather, but after a couple of pulls, I lost around 40rwhp.
Are you saying a stock Z06 ran w/ you neck in neck b/c of heat soak? Are you saying stock Z ran w/ a 610 rwhp Viper?

If you are, that really *****. But it supports another guys position in here who has both a Z and a Paxton Viper. He says since most of the power of the Paxton occurs up top, with the extra weight and heat soak, he says his Paxton Viper is not as competitve as his Z w/ headers.

Wow. But I still want a Paxton!:2tu:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
keith, you aint gonna be anywhere near 650rwhp in YOURS with a properly tuned paxton, especialy if its a DLM

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if a heat soaked paxton gen III can't beat a stock z06...you've either got some problems with the car or some problems with the driver.

JTOJR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have an 06 Viper with a paxton & corsa exhaust 609rwhp on mustang dyno. I also have a new 08zo6. I only have about 200 miles on the z but I can tell a lot of difference. I had gotten used to the power of the Viper & had grown a little concerned about the power. Now I feel better. I have not pushed the z & I may be surprised when I do. I will post again when I have more info. I love both cars so I will tell it as I feel it.

05CopperHD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 06 Viper with a paxton & corsa exhaust 609rwhp on mustang dyno. I also have a new 08zo6. I only have about 200 miles on the z but I can tell a lot of difference. I had gotten used to the power of the Viper & had grown a little concerned about the power. Now I feel better. I have not pushed the z & I may be surprised when I do. I will post again when I have more info. I love both cars so I will tell it as I feel it.

Have you had that car tuned? Only making 609hp with a Paxton and Corsa seems low. I made 682 and 663 with the same setup at 6 months apart on a Dynojet. Mine was tuned with a SCT device, though.

JTOJR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have you had that car tuned? Only making 609hp with a Paxton and Corsa seems low. I made 682 and 663 with the same setup at 6 months apart on a Dynojet. Mine was tuned with a SCT device, though.

I talked to a guy that had same work done that got 590rwhp on same dyno. He had it dynoed on a dynojet & got 667 with belt slip. He sent me the dyno. All being the same I should be about 680. They did say that my car did dyno high. Woodhouse

Badazzv8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if a heat soaked paxton gen III can't beat a stock z06...you've either got some problems with the car or some problems with the driver.

I put down 567hp on a mustang dyno and 645hp on the dynojet.

I didn't launch well, and he was banging the gears and I was not. And yes, he was a better drive than me. I also have a rich spot from 5K on. I couldn't gain the ground that he got from a dig. If it were a 2nd gear roll race, it may have been a little different.

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You might want to consider a DLM Cooler, and possibly a DLM tensioner. You wont be heat soaked until around 6 to 8 consective pulls vice just a couple. Your dyno numbers seem low too, I put down 651RWHP on a Mustang dyno.

Badazzv8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm getting a Corsa, and planning on an intercooler upgrade. I already have another ECU and gonna get a tune as well.

The mustang dyno was the woodhouse dyno, and most of the cars are coming in around 575hp or so from what I saw. Is this off base? The dynojet numbers seem on point, maybe 10-15hp low.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960