Performance x .50

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cannot give you specific numbers, because I gave my word, but the Gen V should have acceleration numbers superior to the best times ever recorded for the ZR1 by an American car magazine. The reason I say “should” is because of the inherent bias of some of our automotive journalists when it comes to our cars. I'm qualifying the post as .50 because I don't have skid pad, braking and track numbers. Anyway, it looks like the Gen V clearly out performs the previous model.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's see, more power, better gearing, bigger tires, launch control and you didn't think it would be faster then the previous model?

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When do you think the first magazine/video review will come out? The F12 was introduced not too long ago and it already has plenty.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK. Time to give it up. You joined July, 2012. Who are you?

I cannot give you specific numbers, because I gave my word, but the Gen V should have acceleration numbers superior to the best times ever recorded for the ZR1 by an American car magazine. The reason I say “should” is because of the inherent bias of some of our automotive journalists when it comes to our cars. I'm qualifying the post as .50 because I don't have skid pad, braking and track numbers. Anyway, it looks like the Gen V clearly out performs the previous model.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Interesting. It better be a good bit faster than the ZR1 because the next ZR1 is around the corner and you can be sure it will be quite a bit faster than the old ZR1.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When do you think the first magazine/video review will come out? The F12 was introduced not too long ago and it already has plenty.
With a late release now of Dec. deliveries I would expect most auto mags will do their opinions and testing in Dec. or Jan.

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With a late release now of Dec. deliveries I would expect most auto mags will do their opinions and testing in Dec. or Jan.

I would imagine that there are some not so pleasant memories at Chrysler about letting the press drive developmental Vipers leading to the famous "fried egg" photos! :nono:

This time finished product for the press.:2tu:

garetjax1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Generation V troll

What an idiotic comment... Some of us joined this board after placing a deposit on the new car. Being new to Viper I haven't had any need to comment on other threads. Not sure how this qualifies us as 'trolls'.

Martin Kennedy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What an idiotic comment... Some of us joined this board after placing a deposit on the new car. Being new to Viper I haven't had any need to comment on other threads. Not sure how this qualifies us as 'trolls'.

I agree.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think that the use of the phrase "idiotic comment" is appropriate either.

OP
OP
B

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marly le Roi

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Generation V troll

Troll might be a bit harsh. However, the real troll we need to worry about is Evan Smiths' #1 fan. No doubt when performance numbers are released we'll see a certain someone trolling this forum. :D

OP
OP
B

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys crack me up! I've got a deposit on a Gen V and I provide solid information from a reliable source.....If I'm a troll then I guess I've raised the bar quite a bit.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"Our" cars? LOL.
So your feeling is with more HP, bigger tires, launch control and revised gearing you expect it to out perform prevous models at the drag strip.
This is very insightful.

OP
OP
B

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperJanet you're back. Good to see that you have nothing to contribute. Keep up the good work. lol

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Troll might be a bit harsh. However, the real troll we need to worry about is Evan Smiths' #1 fan. No doubt when performance numbers are released we'll see a certain someone trolling this forum. :D

But what could that ********** argue about? One of our Texas members put a stock Gen 4 in the 10's and shut that " 1 bad " person up.lol

OP
OP
B

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Our" cars? LOL.
So your feeling is with more HP, bigger tires, launch control and revised gearing you expect it to out perform prevous models at the drag strip.
This is very insightful.

Re read the post for comprehension and try to connect the dots if you can. “Our Cars” refers to American made cars and if you use just a wee bit of your imagination you can probably extrapolate the performance figures based on the ZR1 analogy.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the problem with this. Because the ZR1 is supercharged and the calibration code is more easily altered ( the calibrations of the Gen IV Viper and the 392 CI SRT8 engines are locked down. I believe the same will be true for the Gen V engine.), the ZR1 is easily and inexpensively modded to produce quite a bit more HP. For instance, the following kit for the ZR1 goes for $429.95 plus cost of installation. And this is without any engine internal upgrade. So until a Mopar controller and some headers come out for the Gen V, a ZR1 with this simple upgrade kit installed may not have a problem beating a stock Gen V Viper at the strip - particularly with its sit and squat suspension capability. Also keep in mind that the peak torque of the stock ZR1 comes in at 3800 RPM. The peak torque of the Gen V Viper per the SRT web site comes in at 4950 RPM so it is not a forgone conclusion that a Gen V will beat a ZR1 in a real drag race with two experienced drivers until we see the results of some real testing and not just hearsay statements. Don't underestimate the importance of torque and where it appears on the curve to a drag race. ( Iam no Corvette fan but the ZR1 is a formidable car and I have seen it run both in the quarter and in the standing mile. It is impressive.)

You must be registered for see images

"The Lingenfelter supercharger pulley upgrade kit is designed to enhance the ZR1 LS9 Corvette supercharged engine. This upgrade kit produces excellent horsepower and torque improvements over the factory 638 horsepower and 604 lbs ft of torque while maintaining a safe level of boost and supercharger RPM. Testing at Lingenfelter has shown 680 BHP and 660 lbs ft of torque with the Lingenfelter pulley upgrade kit installed. Installation of the kit does not require ECM programming or serpentine belt changes and will overdrive the supercharger 19% to raise boost on a stock engine 3-4 psi.
Parts included in kit:
  • 2.60 inch diameter steel supercharger drive pulley powder coated black - 11 rib
  • 100 mm aluminum double bearing idler assembly
  • Lingenfelter LS9 solid supercharger isolator coupling
  • Installation kit with everything you need to do the installation
Note: This pulley requires advanced installation techniques including removal of factory supercharger, pressing off old pulley, and pressing/pining new pulley onto shaft. "

Last edited:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take it easy on the new guy. I spoke with him. He's a nice guy who is new to Vipers. Let's welcome the new blood. Every dollar spent on Vipers helps all of us.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang