Picking up this gen 3 monday

OP
OP
G

gatesy21

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not yet. I was mainly going off the car fax and what shows up in warranty work that has been completed. Is there anyone near the car that I could call and have check it out?

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks to be nice, and low mileage. Remember to budget for new tires (Michelin PS2 or Supersports), which will be at least $2000 installed, and check the crank pulley.

If it checks out, go for it.

OP
OP
G

gatesy21

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tires I plan on doing the first week I have it. It is going to be a slow cautious drive home back to Michigan with the current tires. They say it has MPSS on it now but with 50% tread. Thank you for the advice guys. Any suggestions on where to get all new hoses and belts? It may not need them but I want to get them just in case.

rdutko

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice car! I bought the same car with, 11,000 mi. In Oct. For a few bucks more.

I think it's a great deal. Go for it.

St.Char

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks to be nice, and low mileage. Remember to budget for new tires (Michelin PS2 or Supersports), which will be at least $2000 installed, and check the crank pulley.

If it checks out, go for it.

What he said, especially the crank bolt, sometimes they have been found to be a little loose.

OP
OP
G

gatesy21

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am in Carleton. I need to get in touch with some local guys soon too meet up with some of you.

OP
OP
G

gatesy21

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Slight hiccup and was not able to fly down due to work. It is being delivered by enclosed trailer this weekend! I can't wait. I will post pictures for sure !

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't want to insult the op, but I've never understood these type of threads - i.e. - I'm buying this car, anyone know it's history? It would seem the op has committed to buying when he says he's picking it up on Monday. Why not post up and research the cars' history before making any commitment to a dealer? Plenty of unscrupulous dealers out there that will give you a hard time backing out after a deposit is given. Again, not trying to be a ****, and hope you get yourself a good car.

Last edited:

1stSgt Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty good deal....I got my 2005 late last year with 12,000 miles for $44,000. That included oil changes for life too, which is AWESOME! I just had my first one done for free....saving 3-400 bucks a pop! Enjoy it, you will love it! You just don't see them very often. I have been to 3 car shows with hundreds of cars and been the only Viper each time. People love the V-10!

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Pretty good deal....I got my 2005 late last year with 12,000 miles for $44,000. That included oil changes for life too, which is AWESOME! I just had my first one done for free....saving 3-400 bucks a pop! Enjoy it, you will love it! You just don't see them very often. I have been to 3 car shows with hundreds of cars and been the only Viper each time. People love the V-10!

I don't know where you're having your oil changed, but my dealer charges about $110, and I can wait and watch TV while they do it. It's cheaper then me buying the oil and doing the work myself, which I did recently (but was doing other work at the time as well.)

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mobil-1-5W-30-5qt/17034372

Mobil 1 5qt 25 bucks, filter for about 16 and you are done. $66.00 in materials, chance to clean up under the hood, have a chance to spend some bonding/quality time with your car. Lube hinges, top off any fluids, look for leaks, check power steering cap and pulley, clean in front of the radiator, check air filter(s), Etc. All the things that don't get done when you pay to have it done. Do it yourself and be sure everything is right.

St.Char

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Buy me a plane ticket along with the oil filter and oil and I'll do it at no charge. You'll still save more than what you're paying.

OP
OP
G

gatesy21

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Finally got it last weekend! New tires went on yesterday too! It goes in Tuesday for service to change fluids etc. thank you to you guys for all the advice!

rdutko

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats!

ps. Make sure they put friction modifier in with the gear lube.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950