You must be registered for see images attach

Took a little bit of nip-n-tuk but finally got it lined up. The glass windows are in the trunk.
It easily fits into 3 zipper bags and stays in the trunk in case the sky looks ugly. :)

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome! After seeing a few of these in person, they are an absolute MUST for an RT/10...somehow makes the car look even more exotic

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good. Those tops seem to really fit the bill. Stowable and doesn't require removal of the sports pad (PITA). Does it rattle? Does it leak?

Richard Koch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your car looks great with the new top. It looks like a factory installation and the car looks very low and sleek.

I have had my 3 piece top for a couple of years and love it. I like the look of the car with it on. It looks so much lower and the scoop on top is a nice look.

I have the vinyl covers to store the 3 top pieces and I have found that I can stow the side pieces behind the driver and passenger seats ( I am short, so the seats are a bit forward). That leaves the center part for stowage in the trunk and it doesn't take up too much space. I drove to VOI 11 with that top and it was nice to have the option of driving with the top off during the day and still have some room in the trunk.

viper k

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i like the top car looks good love the sidewinder wheels you got good taste !

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't even know you was thinking about getting one (I left Jeff a message a lil' earlier today, I thought someone had said he was gonna quit making them, not sure how much truth there is to it). To me it makes the RT's look sooooooo much better (there's NO question they look Awesome without a top) but now, you've got the Best of Both Worlds. How long did it take for you to get it in & did you have them paint it or did you have it painted by somebody else. And your car is looking Great by the way, think thats the first time I've ever seen a full picture of it! To Me, with a Jeff Lemke top a GTS has Nothing on an RT/10! NO MORE TOUPEE! jmo

Last edited:

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good. Those tops seem to really fit the bill. Stowable and doesn't require removal of the sports pad (PITA). Does it rattle? Does it leak?

It may "groan" a little when you are making a hard turn (as in backing out of the garage), but nothing really noticeable when you are driving. And yes, mine leaks just a little bit along the rear window, but if it's adjusted properly (which I haven't taken the time to do yet), the seals will make full contact and prevent the leaking.

V Byte - welcome to the Lemke club! :2tu:

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It may "groan" a little when you are making a hard turn (as in backing out of the garage), but nothing really noticeable when you are driving. And yes, mine leaks just a little bit along the rear window, but if it's adjusted properly (which I haven't taken the time to do yet), the seals will make full contact and prevent the leaking.

V Byte - welcome to the Lemke club! :2tu:
Z, I didn't realize you had one too! Man, I've GOT to get out more.On my car (after you remove the oem top) it has about a 3" wide clear strip (I guess it came from the factory like that) all the way across it & with the Lemke top you'll be able to see it. I guess I'll haft to have my body shop guy look at it & see if he can maybe get it off with a heat gun or something.

10PISTNZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the sports pad? sorry for being a newbe.
Is it the black plastic trim piece in front of the "roll bar"?
Do you have any photos of what the mods look like without the top in place?

OP
OP
V

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome! After seeing a few of these in person, they are an absolute MUST for an RT/10...somehow makes the car look even more exotic

Your car looks great with the new top. It looks like a factory installation and the car looks very low and sleek.

Totally agree! It really helps on mine being it's still stock height.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the sports pad? sorry for being a newbe.
Is it the black plastic trim piece in front of the "roll bar"? Yes
Do you have any photos of what the mods look like without the top in place? The OE sports pad can be re-installed pretty quickly by removing a few attachment knobs. Here is the 3-piece tops sports bar in place..

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
V

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't even know you was thinking about getting one (I left Jeff a message a lil' earlier today, I thought someone had said he was gonna quit making them, not sure how much truth there is to it). To me it makes the RT's look sooooooo much better (there's NO question they look Awesome without a top) but now, you've got the Best of Both Worlds. How long did it take for you to get it in & did you have them paint it or did you have it painted by somebody else. And your car is looking Great by the way, think thats the first time I've ever seen a full picture of it! To Me, with a Jeff Lemke top a GTS has Nothing on an RT/10! NO MORE TOUPEE! jmo

Gerry, I actually was the one who started that thread you're thinking of.
http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/651271-URGENT-NEWS-Lemke-Tops-are-being-Discontinued...-ODER-NOW!
As far as "how much truth there is to it"... well sometimes I don't trust myself. :lmao: But Carl, the floor manager told me on the phone that they were just too busy now with the Falcon F7 project.
It took like 3 months to get it to answer your other question. I hope for your sake you can eventually get one. Somebody on the other thread made sense when they said below...
Has anyone else ordered a top since this thread started? Might be a chance to see if this is a permanent stop in production or just a break while the Falcon project takes off?
So maybe if they catch up on things they'll take a few orders on this top. You know it's not like they are gonna throw out their molds.
Good luck on it. Let us know what he says when you get a hold of him. Maybe resurrect the other thread with an update since there were several on there that were bummed by the news.
Mike

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im impressed with how well the paint matches ... looks sorta like a "chop top" ... enjoy!!! :) ---

OP
OP
V

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, looks great :2tu: That's the way the RT's should have come from the factory! Love the emerald green :headbang:

Slithr, I agree 100%
That ugly oem thing that came with it just hangs on my garage wall... I never want to be seen with it. LOL
... and those plastic winows :crazy2: yuk!