Pics: Lowered w/ spring caps

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here are pics of my SRT after it's been lowered with the reduced spring caps. I like the look -- not too much, but just enough.

Colorado_07_Pictures.jpg

If some of you saw an earlier thread about my perceived increase in 'bumpiness', I may have figured it out: The stabilizer bar now feels like it has a constant increased load on it. This would cause the car not to drop by as much as some would expect, and it would make the ride more firm. I think it is because the 'stabilizer link', which attaches to the lower arm from above, should be shorter, or adjusted somehow, to compensate for the higher position of the wheels relative to the frame ... any thoughts from the suspension experts? Do Motons, etc., come with new stabilizer links in the kit?

JonB, any insights?

JBS99HT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good!! I have the same wheels on my coupe. Any before and after shots for a better comparison? or a close up of the rear and front fender gap.

Thanks

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
LOOKS GOOD ! Can I use your photo on my website?

Part of the issue is the new, lower C.G. Your car is more responsive and nimble due to the snappier lower axis or rotation.

Next, the lighter wheels/tires are like "NIKE AIRS" on your suspension, vs Combat Boots. Your springs FEEL stiffer and less mushy due to having to handle much less rotating mass.

(Thanks for your business on the above items!)

MoTons (nicely Under $3300, in stock) do NOT include new end links. They DO include new rear shock-forks, unlike some sellers...

OP
OP
Vipermann

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LOOKS GOOD ! Can I use your photo on my website?

Part of the issue is the new, lower C.G. Your car is more responsive and nimble due to the snappier lower axis or rotation.

Next, the lighter wheels/tires are like "NIKE AIRS" on your suspension, vs Combat Boots. Your springs FEEL stiffer and less mushy due to having to handle much less rotating mass.

JonB, feel free to use the photo.

I hear what you are saying, but I didn't feel the firmer ride (even with the wheels, etc.) until I changed the spring caps ... it's not terrible or anything, but I was wondering if I missed a possible adjustment ... do you think PS2s would soften the ride when it's time to change tires?

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB, feel free to use the photo.

I hear what you are saying, but I didn't feel the firmer ride (even with the wheels, etc.) until I changed the spring caps ... it's not terrible or anything, but I was wondering if I missed a possible adjustment ... do you think PS2s would soften the ride when it's time to change tires?

I just bought PS2's from Jon and had them installed Tuesday, on my otherwise stock '06 coupe.

I've only driven it about ~15 miles so far, but I definitely think the ride is less harsh than with the RunFlats.

Your car has a nice stance now - Looks Great!:2tu: