Prices are falling!!! Making me rethink..

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can not understand the huge drops on the 06 coupes. Just got an email from a dealer looking to move a VOi car for $74k. Brand new. Also saw a B/W with 500 miles for 66k. Makes you rethink the 08. Could do a ton of upgrades and still have money left over!!!!!

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can not understand the huge drops on the 06 coupes. Just got an email from a dealer looking to move a VOi car for $74k. Brand new. Also saw a B/W with 500 miles for 66k. Makes you rethink the 08. Could do a ton of upgrades and still have money left over!!!!!

What are you waiting for, buy it. If you are really in the market then stop posting that info for someone will find it and buy it. That is a ridiculous deal. The dealers are ruining the market by ******* out cars at a number like that and especially on a VOI car. Pitiful for the market that's for sure. Dealers are weak... :curse:

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Finally,
The only unknown is the '08 pricing. What price point would make this a no-brainer to move on the '06 now? $15k, 20k, 25k diff?

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What are you waiting for, buy it. If you are really in the market then stop posting that info for someone will find it and buy it. That is a ridiculous deal. The dealers are ruining the market by ******* out cars at a number like that and especially on a VOI car. Pitiful for the market that's for sure. Dealers are weak... :curse:

I agree, holy cow batman! If you can afford it, GO FOR IT.

Life is short, drive as much Viper as you can afford :2tu:

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Finally,
The only unknown is the '08 pricing. What price point would make this a no-brainer to move on the '06 now? $15k, 20k, 25k diff?

You know the '08 will be 90k at least, with over MSRP for a while for sure. So you have a 20k plus savings right now.

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, buy the 06, plop down another $13k and get the Paxton/Exhaust/3.55 gears. All of a sudden you have a car with 775-800fwhp compared to the '08's measly 600. :eek:

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What is the est. price for an installed Paxton with no other mods? ...And, can you install a Paxton without NEEDING any other mods to keep reliable? Thx.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would jump on that my friend.

I had a chance to buy a VOI9 car at the same price as I purchased my Blue with Silver Stripe coupe. Myself, even with the rare collectible status, I did not care for the blue two tone interior aspect of the VOI9 car so I went with the Blue and Silver. Probably kick myself in 30 years but loving it right now.

I think the 08' car is going to option out at over 6 figures easy. That is a real big difference. Really how much power do you need? say the new 08 comes in $30K more than the new 06' you are looking at! For 90 hp, and $30K difference, you can do the math. Bottom line is that is some pretty expensive power you are paying for. Not worth it. If you paid full MRSP for the 06' then hold off, but you are buy in at post-1st car depreciation price. You will not lose out on that money laid out.

I say do it. I did!

Rick

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prices are falling? Not really.... I bought a 2004 Merc E55. MSRP = $93,000. Sold last month for $52,000. Car had 20k miles, and was as new!!!!

Vipers hold their value better than any other car I have ever owned.. Do they depreciate, if purchased new? of course.. But not near the level of Mercedes,BMW,etc. my 2 cents.. Now buy something.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, buy the 06, plop down another $13k and get the Paxton/Exhaust/3.55 gears. All of a sudden you have a car with 775-800fwhp compared to the '08's measly 600. :eek:

Typical install is about $10K and if the car is putting out 650 RWHP, you won't need the 3.55 gears. :2tu:

Back-In-Black

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Also, I just managed to find an 06 which I purchased from Woodhouse with the exact color-combo and wheels I wanted. I had two other dealers trying to locate the combination unsuccessfully.

As the the 06's dry up, the prices for new 06 may stabilize as the color/option choices can only be found in the 08's.

I think if you find what your looking for in an 06, buy it. The 08's won't come down to near the current new 06 level until they release the gen 4 (2-3 years). By then, you'll probably want the Gen 4 and you'll be caught in a viscious cycle.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's JMHO that it is ridiculous to price a car more because it has a hard top as opposed to a convertible. Historically it has been the opposite with most other car companies. I feel that this is more of a correction in pricing. I am not arguing that at $90k that the Viper is not a huge perf bargain because it is. I am just saying that DC has a strange pricing strategy.

BTW, Get the Viper now at bargain low price. It is the most car you ever will find for the money.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's JMHO that it is ridiculous to price a car more because it has a hard top as opposed to a convertible. Historically it has been the opposite with most other car companies. I feel that this is more of a correction in pricing. I am not arguing that at $90k that the Viper is not a huge perf bargain because it is. I am just saying that DC has a strange pricing strategy.

BTW, Get the Viper now at bargain low price. It is the most car you ever will find for the money.
i thought i was the only one that thought that way :2tu:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree with both of you. Convertibles were always more in price versus their hardtop siblings.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All of the above is very true.. but in this case I think one of those eternal questions is applicable: who was first, the chicken or the egg :p
Usually a hardtop version of a car is the fist to be released and then they bring out the convertable. With the SRT-10 the convertable was the first to be released and the coupe arrived at a later time, making a redesign with different components necessary.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree with both of you. Convertibles were always more in price versus their hardtop siblings.

When the top comes down, the prices go up.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bob,

You might give John at Roanoke Motors in Illinois a call at 309-923-7171. A co-worker of mine was quoted $60,000 for a new, leftover 2005 SRT red with white stripes a little before Christmas. I don't know if it's still there but I'm sure it wasn't the last one left.

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forget it - I just talked to Roanoke and they said that was reported in this thread a couple posts ago is not true - they do have a 2006 Red/White striped Coupe with just under 1300 miles for just under $83K.

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did the same. My buddy wants a red vert pretty bad. They have an 05 with 13k on the clock for $64k and an 06 with 4k for $69k.

I don't think those are bad deals, just not the purported bargains. Those prices probably did exist in December but are long gone.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bob,

You might give John at Roanoke Motors in Illinois a call at 309-923-7171. A co-worker of mine was quoted $60,000 for a new, leftover 2005 SRT red with white stripes a little before Christmas. I don't know if it's still there but I'm sure it wasn't the last one left.

They didn't produce any dual striped SRT's until '06...and none were ever red/white.

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was there a couple weeks ago they did have the 06 coupe with stripes a beautiful car if I wanted the coupe I just prefer the vert that I bought there in Nov. My vert also came with the Germany trip which was great.
Roanoke had a new 05 black vert and a copperhead also but no red ones. They do have a few used red ones with low miles check out their website. :2tu:

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They didn't produce any dual striped SRT's until '06...and none were ever red/white.

I talked to my buddy at work last night. He put a deposit on the car and Roanoke is holding it until he picks it up in March. I originally thought he said it came with white stripes but it is solid red and they are adding the stripes.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Forget it - I just talked to Roanoke and they said that was reported in this thread a couple posts ago is not true - they do have a 2006 Red/White striped Coupe with just under 1300 miles for just under $83K.

Well, either my buddy at work or John at Roanoke is not telling the truth. As I said, he told me earlier this week that he put a deposit on a new leftover '05 red SRT vert that Roanoke is holding until March (income tax return?) and they are adding white stripes. I asked him the price and he said $60k plus the cost of the stripes.

He said they had the same car around Thanksgiving when he drove up to Roanoke from St. Louis to look at it. They were asking $67k at that time but he says John called him back with this latest deal. He qualifies for the employee discount, although I believe non-DC people can get the same thing right now if they get a control number from an employee.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth