Prices are falling!!! Making me rethink..

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forget it - I just talked to Roanoke and they said that was reported in this thread a couple posts ago is not true - they do have a 2006 Red/White striped Coupe with just under 1300 miles for just under $83K.

Well, either my buddy at work or John at Roanoke is not telling the truth. As I said, he told me earlier this week that he put a deposit on a new leftover '05 red SRT vert that Roanoke is holding until March (income tax return?) and they are adding white stripes. I asked him the price and he said $60k plus the cost of the stripes.

He said they had the same car around Thanksgiving when he drove up to Roanoke from St. Louis to look at it. They were asking $67k at that time but he says John called him back with this latest deal. He qualifies for the employee discount, although I believe non-DC people can get the same thing right now if they get a control number from an employee.

It would not be John that is not telling the truth. :nono: :nono: And I doubt that you could buy a new 05 vert for $60K. :bonker: If you go to Roanoke's website they have a used 05 vert for 69,995. :cool:

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been putting out some feelers, for when my accident claim is completed:

I found a new/untitled Red '06 Vert. for $66,500 and 2 new/untitled Blue '06 Verts. for $67,500.

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would jump on one of those if they are real. A new snake for $20k plus off of sticker has to be rare.

Is it common for a dealer to give an employee discount price?

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I payd full M$RP for my Copperhead in October of last year. These cars are a performance deal at full boat.

Why should anyone expect them to be discounted so heavily?

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I payd full M$RP for my Copperhead in October of last year. These cars are a performance deal at full boat.

It's not about expectations it's a fact they are discounted many places heavily. Expectations are driven by the market. People expect them to be discounted everywhere because you can find them heavily discounted in many places. Any dealer trying to get rid of their viper without discounting is going to have an uphill battle.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's not about expectations it's a fact they are discounted many places heavily. Expectations are driven by the market. People expect them to be discounted everywhere because you can find them heavily discounted in many places. Any dealer trying to get rid of their viper without discounting is going to have an uphill battle.

Maybe I should have put one of these at the end of my post ;)
I would not pay even close to MSRP for a 2 year old "new" car. But I ain't saying how good of a deal I got because I would kindof like the values to stay put for a while. Yep, that's my story and I'm sticking with it :2tu: