Question for those of you who autocross Solo 2

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am in a dilemna.. there isn't anyone who runs in super stock besides myself. Does anyone know what classes i am eligible to bump myself up into so that i actually have some competition?

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A little arrogant aren't we? You could always come up to one of the Illinois VCA autocross events and drive away crying cause we embarrassed the crap out of you. I believe you can enter any class above super stock if you want to but I wouldn't.

OP
OP
R

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A little arrogant aren't we? You could always come up to one of the Illinois VCA autocross events and drive away crying cause we embarrassed the crap out of you. I believe you can enter any class above super stock if you want to but I wouldn't.

Arrogant??! how the hell did you pull that out of my post? Did you bother to read what i wrote? There is NOONE in Super Stock besides myself. I wanted to know what classes i could bump into so that at least there were other cars i could race against (It doesn't take a neurosurgeon to understand that bumping higher would put me into more difficult classes). Embarrassed the crap out of me? you assume a lot without even knowing me or my driving skills. It sounds to me that you need some elementary classes in sportsmanship if you think losing means you are going to drive away crying. I certainly hope you don't represent the Illinois VCA autocross mentality. Thanks for your worthless post in answering what I thought was a straightforward question! :rolleyes:

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Where are your autocrosses held ? I may want some of that embarrass pie :)

Alan Patterson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI, as per SCCA SOLO2 rules, ACR and GTSR Vipers must race in the ASP class. Near as I can tell it is because of the smoothe tubes and resultant extra 10 HP. ZO6's are in SS but many of them run ASP due to wider wheels or other non-stock items not allowed in SS. Stock ZO6's are a pretty close match to the newer stock Vipers with ABS. They usually weigh a 200 to 300 lbs less which is an advantage, but have a little less horsepower.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What Al Said.....you have 2 choices. But since you're just looking at TIMES...you know who is fastest in all the classes! Wanna go there?

And in Solo 2 it AINT EVER a VIPER....its some cart-modified-ground-effect doohickey! For 93-5 I was the only car in my class....it was still a blast being king of my small hill.

[I was also surprised at DMs answer....Email can never accurately convey the knowing wink/smile Im sure he intended. He's not that way! ]

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What Al Said.....you have 2 choices. But since you're just looking at TIMES...you know who is fastest in all the classes! Wanna go there?

And in Solo 2 it AINT EVER a VIPER....its some cart-modified-ground-effect doohickey! For 93-5 I was the only car in my class....it was still a blast being king of my small hill.

[I was also surprised at DMs answer....Email can never accurately convey the knowing wink/smile Im sure he intended. He's not that way! ]

I don't think DM meant it as a joke he just misread/misinterpreted what the thread was about.

He probably thought the guy was saying that he was too fast for everyone in his division/class when in reality he meant that he was the ONLY person in his division/class.

Pretty entertaining though lol

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in a dilemna.. there isn't anyone who runs in super stock besides myself. Does anyone know what classes i am eligible to bump myself up into so that i actually have some competition?

When they put the PAX on you against the smaller AWD WRX's, AWD twin turbo Stealths, Evos, and the like--you will most likely find them to be as much or more competition than you can handle. Miatas, with a good driver, are formidable cars in Solo 2. Vipers are quite heavy for a small tight course--especially with 2 people in the car(my wife usually rides with). I have a friend with a '94 500HP Venom who took 11th out of 14 cars a couple years ago. He had only ever xcrossed against Vipers before and thought he would do well. This was on a longer airport runway course where you would think the Viper would have the advantage. It is a little humbling to be beat by these smaller cars, but it's still lots of fun. I've had the fastest time of the day and still took 5th. Smooth is the name of the game.

Steve

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry roadkill, as michealp posted, I did misread your post. I read it like you were saying there was no competition not that you were the only one in your class. I am a man and will admit when I make a mistake and I made one. No hard feelings from somebody who obviously needs to go back to school to learn the fine art of reading! LOL ;)

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just did a SOLO2 in denver this past weekend in the SS class. I was the only viper, along with 8 or so Z06's. I think it would be safe to say that my car was drawing a bit more attention then any of the Z06's, even had a few want to ride along. Anyway, I'm now cleaning the scuff marks from the cones of the sidesills (driver side). Anyone know of anything other then WD40 that will take if off (including a few marks on the wheels)?

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use Turtlewax bug & tar remover for the cone scuffs... I mean, I HEARD people use that stuf... I would never hit cones ;)

Cobra4B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave Meguiars paint clener will get rid of cone rash in one wipe. Auto-xing will make your see how irrelevant having 500 ponies is. It ***** to get whipped by Boxters, Bimmers, and Miatas on tight courses where they're just more nimble.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool roadkill again sorry about that. Meguiars does make some great stuff, that is what I use. My car looks terrible after I auto-x, Not one cone standing and each cone puts a nice mark on the side of my car. That is the object right?....see how many cones you can hit? lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang