Racing Simulation - Playstation 2???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am starting to hear that pro racers have actually used video games to familiarize themselves with various racetracks.

(I think I heard something about the Belgian Gran Prix being difficult to learn and some racer was playing it for a couple of years previously, and guess what? He showed up 1st time ever and qualified well!)

At any rate, I would like to do this, however, which gaming platform has access to the games that have the real GPS tracks?

Obviously tracks I would want would be Mid-Ohio, Road America, Watkins Glen, Laguna Seca, Sears Point, Sebring, Moroso, etc....

Has Anyone done this?
BURNOUT.gif

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, although i've never been on the track at road atlanta, I know the curves of it like the back of my hand now thanks to the GT series (GT2 on PSX, GT3 A-Spec on PS2).

If you haven't picked up GT3 yet, by all means do! It's absolutely stunning.

Guyver1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Huh?

Most of the tracks in Gran Turismo 2 and GT3 are completely made-up by Polyphony Digital, the company that makes the games. The only real tracks that I know of are Laguna Seca, Tokyo and Rome.

GT3 is more about the whole racing experience, and often its hard to get licenses for real tracks. GT3 has the best graphics for a platform racer yet, and the detail for it is simply incredible. Then there is the ability to tune the cars you buy to an overwhelming degree.

Le Mans 24 Hours for PS2 has quite a few GT tracks on it, including its namesake, and even Road Atlanta. It also has the cars from the 1999 and 2000 24 Hours of Le Mans. You can even race the full 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Generally what one of these games has, the other one lacks, so they seem to go hand-in-hand. 24 Hours of Le Mans should be going on sale on the 10th for the PS2.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
P.S. "Test Drive 5" was filmed at PIR {my car on cover and inside!) but I have never played it............

dmora

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GT3 has 2 official tracks...Laguna Seca, and Monacco.. Its called Cote D'Azure, and the freaking chicane is a pain in the ***! but its well worth it

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got to love that Secca corkscrew
smile.gif

Test Drive LeMans for Dreamcast (now PS2 I think) is also a whole lot of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.