Radar Detectors & Laser Jammers

Powderhound

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have a question for all you Viper owners out there; what is the best radar detector/laser jammer setup out there?
I have searched this thread title and mostly found older posts. My understanding is the tech has really advanced in recent years and I’m looking for some current advice.
I realize some of you live in States where one or both of these devices are illegal, however where I live, they are both permitted under law.
Thanks for any information you can share.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've read up on them, but I thought the Valentine One was still considered one of the better ones. My dad had one briefly, but I never really used one myself.

Peter Kater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You won't believe it...
But the best solution to your problem is to drive carefully.
If you wanna push it, then know the road, time and conditions to be met for your "push".
Police finding you with a Jammer or Laser might go from heavy fines to jail time... Not sure it is worth it.
I understand a Viper is meant to go fast (sometimes) but I would NEVER go the Jammers or Lasers way. Getting caught is wayyyyy heavier than just getting fined for speeding. That's my 2 cents.
Your car, your life, your wallet ;)

Mitsunori Murphy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
r8 in viper. 360 max in s2000 with Shifter zr4 jammer. Uniden best at long range front end, perfect fit for viper and besides even the best jammer's are questionably effective.

OP
OP
Powderhound

Powderhound

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your replies.
Like I said in my post, jammers and detectors are not illegal where I live so no issue with penalties for having them.
I don’t ever push my car that ******* occupied roads. However there are many rural roads where I live where hitting wildlife is far more common than seeing another car.
Even cruising in 5th gear is going to get you a ticket in these cars!
What did Sammy Hagar say? “I can’t drive 55!”
Lol!!!

Twinturbosd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Have an older wireless k40 installled in my BMW inside the bumpers and a hammer installed on my front license plate bracket. I’ve had this installed for probably 6 years and never any tickets. K40 is amazing, I’d have to give some credit to the hammer probably. Unsure of the model. I’ll look and see if it says and can let you know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saramartin90