Radar Systems

fqberful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Detectors / jammers are simply *tools* ... They are as good as the person using them. None of them will allow you to drive past a cop at 100mph and not get busted. Remember they can write excessive speed tickets without a number, simply because the cop thinks so. Maybe one day they'll invent an invisibility cloak, now wouldn't that be a disaster ?!?!?!

As always, the most successful is the person that fully understands the tool and its limitations and knows how to best utilize it.

All that being said, a V1 is an awesome tool. Plus it's a tool for life because it's if not the only, one of the very few that you can send in and have it upgraded to the latest / greatest or repaired ! All the rest are disposable, and at a fairly large cost.

--FQB

04mystic

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hands down, V1. I just wish it was more of a compact unit.

I had the K40 and V1 in the car at the same time and they were not even comparable.

We used to be a dealer for Rocky Moutain Radar. We ended up just giving away our stock to good customers. They are worthless, but i will say one good thing about them. They do stand behind paying your ticket if you get one.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The V1 is the best but I also have the new ****** SOLO 3 model thats just out with increased range. It is battery operated and no wires dangling or to hide. It comes with the best windshield mount I have ever seen with a huge suction cup that really holds. Also comes with a 12v wire if not useing batterys. I have used the old model SOLO 2 for years and they give you back 80.00 after sending in your old unit. I got an extra mount for just 23.00 and allows quick exchange from car to car.

RECOIL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got a V1 for Xmas (lost my previous one somehow). I bought my first one many, many years ago, before Spectre RDD (radar detector detector). I understand the V1 is detectable by these new techniques. My plan is to send the new one back and get one that is more stealthy.

Anyone have any opinions on the Bel STI Driver versus the ****** Redline? I'm going cross-eyed by the reviews online.

Atppilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 V-1s here as well. You can program the V-1 to remove band/s not used in your area that can cause false alarms. The new setting reduced my false alarms by 75%. Go to their website to learn how to program.:headbang:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4