Re-dyno'd on a Mustang Dyno. Gen 2 Roe s/c

g3t_t0rk

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, I went ahead and got a 2nd opinion at another dyno from my original dyno. Since my 1st dyno, I've added a 3" catless exhaust. Below are the results!

Mods are as follows,
-2.4L Kenne Bell (Roe)
-8lb pulley
-Water/**** injection
-B&B 3" catless exhaust
-K&N Intake

BEFORE - 573whp / 580wtq

You must be registered for see images

AFTER - 634whp / 658wtq

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
G

g3t_t0rk

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great results, but your car is running really lean (min 12.6)! I would add fuel before running it WOT on the street.

Good numbers. I made 635 with the 8 pound pulley. You are definitely lean though.

The afr's were logged at the tailpipe. The techs at TMS said that I was indeed lean but nothing super crazy. He said to knock a point off due to where the sensor was located. He also said that more timing could be pulled (or added, I forget) so that there is more power to be had. Gonna just wait until next year for headers and 10lb pulley and get the re-tune then

OP
OP
G

g3t_t0rk

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Also oddly enough, I have a CEL on that says I am too rich in bank 1 and 2??? Anyone have this issue?

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The afr's were logged at the tailpipe. The techs at TMS said that I was indeed lean but nothing super crazy. He said to knock a point off due to where the sensor was located. He also said that more timing could be pulled (or added, I forget) so that there is more power to be had. Gonna just wait until next year for headers and 10lb pulley and get the re-tune then

So the tech is saying it would be 11.6 or 12.5? Although if that was the case then you would have a close to perfect tune, not lean like he said. You would add timing to increase power, but didn't you do like 20 pulls with another tuner to get the most power. Seems like you would need more pulls to determine if adding more timing would pay off or worth the risk of detonation.

Do you have a wideband in the car? Might be worth the $300 to data log your Air fuel ratios on the road.

OP
OP
G

g3t_t0rk

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So the tech is saying it would be 11.6 or 12.5? Although if that was the case then you would have a close to perfect tune, not lean like he said. You would add timing to increase power, but didn't you do like 20 pulls with another tuner to get the most power. Seems like you would need more pulls to determine if adding more timing would pay off or worth the risk of detonation.

Do you have a wideband in the car? Might be worth the $300 to data log your Air fuel ratios on the road.

He's saying it's probably low 12's. Like 1 pt below the average which would make that 12.1. Yes I did do a lot of pulls with my first tuner but the drive-ability of the car ***** which leads me to believe that he didn't do a perfect job. Additionally, I can't wrap my head around that weird curve that happens around 4100rpms. I do have a wideband but I've been waiting on my A-pillar gauge pod to get here before I get that in. Should be in within the next week

beata

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how did you gain that much ..was it just tuning difference?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper