Reading between the lines....

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looked at the ZR-1 today. It also has an aero package with front splitter, rear spoiler (not a wing) and side skirts. I would not claim victory in the aero/ground effects just yet. And damn those brake rotors looked big.

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the engineer wasn't as concerned as we are about the end of Viper production I doubt he would have said he thought the Viper nation needs to be heard and provided the email addresses????? But that is speculation and like the thread says reading between the lines. But I agree with you guys, that is the way I interpreted it Bye bye Viper.

The question is when will production end this year, next year, the year after??????? Tomorrow?

I hope he doesn't get into trouble because of that comment?

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the engineer wasn't as concerned as we are about the end of Viper production I doubt he would have said he thought the Viper nation needs to be heard and provided the email addresses????? But that is speculation and like the thread says reading between the lines. But I agree with you guys, that is the way I interpreted it Bye bye Viper.

The question is when will production end this year, next year, the year after??????? Tomorrow?

I hope he doesn't get into trouble because of that comment?
Never sleep on Chevy. I was at Radio Shack Sunday buying batteries for my dogs collar, and I had my Viper jacket on. The clerk and his customer went on and on about how the Viper was their favorite car, and about how it was being discontinued for the new Sebring. I told them it was all hogwash...and they ignored me and went on talking....until they looked in the parking lot and saw my Viper.

"I cant believe you have a Viper." is what the clerk said, he then said, "Thats my all time favorite sports car!" That was my exact sentiment for years and then I was finally able to come up w/ the credit and the cash to get one. There are a million young male Americans that feel the same way I felt, you feel, and the way the Radio Shack clerk feels about Viper.

When I was racing the yellow Z06 Sunday, before we got to open highway we had to weave thru traffic...several on lookers saw the battle about to occur..at least 3 cars followed us and a couple pulled up beside me to root me on to kick that Z06's ass...not a single car pulled up next to the Z06...that is the impact of Viper...

We gotta keep her going strong!

Last edited:

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chevy/Corvette /Lutz...have made a strong effort to kill off the Viper.....looks like the the new puzzy owners may let that happen.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was also a hint to us that we really need to buy/support the 08's. So I strongly urge all of you thinking of modding your Gen 3's to seriously think about ordering an 08....and I will lead the charge by putting in an order for a black 08 this week!

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As soon as i read it in the engineer forum i thought the same. There are enough of us to make a difference but we will need everyone to voice their opinion. I dont think it is the best idea for hundreds of us to email the CEO and the other two clowns. We could just get the engineer in trouble for giving out their email addresses.

I would love to hear the opinions of the VCA officers on this topic. I am sure they will not speculate on the Viper's demise, however there is no reason why we can't voice our opinion individually and as a unified group about the future of the Viper to the top brass.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As soon as i read it in the engineer forum i thought the same. There are enough of us to make a difference but we will need everyone to voice their opinion. I dont think it is the best idea for hundreds of us to email the CEO and the other two clowns. We could just get the engineer in trouble for giving out their email addresses.

I would love to hear the opinions of the VCA officers on this topic. I am sure they will not speculate on the Viper's demise, however there is no reason why we can't voice our opinion individually and as a unified group about the future of the Viper to the top brass.
I agree. We need to put together a well thought out approach to this. A campaign.

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The engineers are not stupid. He posted the email addys of the 2 most important people at Chrysler. This could be a F-U to them, and it would be funny to have their blackberries light up, but I think it was a clear signal.
In the end both Nardelli and Press will do what they are told, so the check writers get back their money.
My .02
I also believe they will exit this company by 09/10 selling it to another company. Tata is buying Range Rover/Jag, you never know who might be interested in the pieces.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The engineers are not stupid. He posted the email addys of the 2 most important people at Chrysler. This could be a F-U to them, and it would be funny to have their blackberries light up, but I think it was a clear signal.
quote]

Good point.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in...lets do it Chris! We really need to get something together. Many of us (including myself) have purchased numerous Chrysler products because of the Viper.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I felt the same thing when I read that. I have already E-mailed everyone on the engineering thread

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My email to Mr. Nardelli and his response are below.

Bob, thank you very much for your note and support! I really appreciate the feedback!

All the best!!
Bob Nardelli

----- Original Message -----
Sent: 01/16/2008 06:46 PM EST
To: Robert Nardelli; Jim Press; Deborah Meyer
Subject: Viper

Dear Gentlepeople:

There have been some disturbing rumors lately about the future of the Viper. They center around the 2009 model being the last year. I firmly believe that the Viper is the iconic Chrysler halo car. Because of my Viper ownership ( first a 1999 GTS and now a 2006 SRTC), I have also purchased a Magnum SRT8 and a Grand Cherokee SRT8. I respectfully request that you issue some sort of corporate communication concerning the future of the Viper.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless someone else has access to his email, which I doubt, he sent the response. The response came back from his email address. It does not surprise me that he responded. Whether he wrote the text or it's a canned response is irrelevant. The fact that a response came so quickly is interesting. Whether he keeps track of supportive emails or someone does it for him, someone is keeping track.

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless someone else has access to his email, which I doubt, he sent the response. The response came back from his email address. It does not surprise me that he responded. Whether he wrote the text or it's a canned response is irrelevant. The fact that a response came so quickly is interesting. Whether he keeps track of supportive emails or someone does it for him, someone is keeping track.

Bob,
I am sure at least one of his EA's has access to his email, that is the norm at all large corporations. I have 14,000 employees and both of my EA's have access to my email, he has 10x the employees and cannot fathom how many emails he gets a day (I average 3-400). Additonally, his EA's probably carry blackberries that are mirrors of his, but I commend your effort:2tu:

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
bob , thanks for sending the e-mail, i love this car like you do , but (bob)is downing martini's right now, not reading his e-mails.......

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob,
I am sure at least one of his EA's has access to his email, that is the norm at all large corporations. I have 14,000 employees and both of my EA's have access to my email, he has 10x the employees and cannot fathom how many emails he gets a day (I average 3-400). Additonally, his EA's probably carry blackberries that are mirrors of his, but I commend your effort:2tu:

Unfortunately, you are most likely right. Unless, he has more than one email address and the one we were given is a lesser known address - which I is improbable, or he is such a control freak that he has to read/scan all of them ( at least the title portion) himself. Any way, someone is keeping track. If we do not try, we will not get.

Best,

Bob

Last edited:

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMHO the new Dodge owners will make a decison on the Viper based on how it affects the bottom line, which in turn affects the value of the company for resale purposes. I would speculate that we could send a trillion emails and it wouldn't make a difference?

Perhaps if they were appraoched from a standpoint that when they bought Dodge they were also buying Dodge's automotive history. Part of that History is the Viper, in fact it is one of the few bright spots of the Dodge automotive history. A car company is sometimes more than a builder of vehicles for transportation purposes only. Some car builders also build auotmotive works of art, Ferrari for example. The Viper is a significant piece of automotive history. It is a hand built work of automotive art one of the few in American automotive history. The fact that it was built at all in 1992 and has stayed true to it's minimalist design is simply amazing. Sometimes the people that function at the level of Bob Nardelli can see the art in something. Art rarely is a profit generator and the Viper allows Dodge to be a player on the world stage of supercars.

GM and a guy named Lutz obvioulsy see a cost benefit analysis for playing on that stage by creating a 620 HP vette to compete with the worlds best supercars. Toyota, Nissan and Lexus are also preparing cars for that stage. They must collectively know something??? Right???

I have owned everything and most recently briefly owned a 2005 Porsche Carrera GT MSRP 450K. My new 08 Viper performs in the same ballpark as the 450K Porsche. In fact I like it better than the Porsche. I can afford a Carrera GT or a Ferrari but sold the Porsche and own a Viper. Nothing drives and feels like a Viper NOTHING. There is a cost benefit to having a car like the Viper if they think outside the box. If they only think in eurodollars we are finished.

Perhaps if we campaign to their collective egos where they realize the Viper allows them to play with the big boy supercar makers of the world that might make a difference?????

I think the Viperclub as a whole should send one formal letter or possibly get a meeting representing all Viper owners and appeal to their egos and sense of art or something along those lines. Millions of emails I think will get flushed and perceived as a bunch of wackos. I think if we come off to them as sophisticated supercar buyers who also happen to buy other Dodges we have a better shot then if we are perceived as a bunch of boy racer HP junkies? My two cents.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee here is what I got from old Bob:

Mark, thank you very much for your support and loyalty! I really appreciate your support!

All the best!
Bob Nardelli

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, new theory. The SRT engineers gave us these email addresses knowing that they were addresses specifically set up for a type of marketing study. I thought it was a bit peculiar that lower level employees were so quick to give out the email addresses. If it is a study, we should respond in mass. One of the goals may have been to see how many people, directly and indirectly through third parties, participated in or became aware of the SRT Engineer chat and care enough about Vipers to respond. If that is the case, a failure to respond in any significant numbers could be construed as a lack of interest and negatively effect any corporate decision regarding the future of the Viper. JM2C.

Last edited:

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree w/ Bobpantax and Les and 16 yr old Sween and many others. We need to email those guys, all of us and we need to email them today. That will not hurt anything, but may only help. BUT that is not all we should do.

WE NEED TO PLAN A RALLY TO VIPER HEADQUARTERS THIS DRIVING SEASON. ALL THE VIPER CLUBS SHOULD GET TOGETHER AND PLAN THE LARGEST VIPER CRUISE IN THE HISTORY OF VIPER and meet at Viper headquarters to stage an event w/ speakers expressing our views and loyalty for Viper and the Chrysler brand. Several Vette owners have come over to Viper, they need to be heard. Several entertainers own Vipers, they need to be heard, 16 yr old Sween is a die hard Viper fan and cannot wait until he is old enough to own a Viper, he needs to be heard. The Halo effect of Viper needs to be expressed. We should announce this rally to the media and emphasize our attempt to save an American legacy. Viper is appearing in more commericials (AT&T) and in more movies than ever...we cannot forget there was even a show called Viper! These things must be emphasized.

Most Viper owners are competitive and aggressive, we should channel that same energy to keeping Viper alive and start planning and organizing this event immediately....that means NOW.

Reaction score
I have sent my Emails also explaining the importance and support you and we give for the HALO car from Dodge. I can only hope that they take this seriously and do not make rash decisions while they are in control. I know we would all be very saddened if this were to happen.

Please, I hope all of you and your families and friends will send something to these gentlemen pleading for a long future for the Viper!

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, the email addresses for the folks at Chrysler has been removed. It was on post #30. I searched and searched for the email address and could not find it. I remember seeing in the early posts so I went back and found where it had been deleted due to editing purposes. If anyone has the email addresses, could you PM them to me? I want to email my concern and tell them how passionate I am about the Viper. I agree with everyone else, sometimes the individual gets overlooked but as a group we are likely to be heard. I also want to know that I did my part to try and keep the Viper alive.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it my imagination or did the VCA police come in and delete the email addresses that the SRT Engineers provided to us so that we can be heard. I reviewed the chat last night and could not find the email addresses.
Can someone please repost the three email addresses so we may email these gentlemen as the SRT Engineers recommended.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the engineer wasn't as concerned as we are about the end of Viper production I doubt he would have said he thought the Viper nation needs to be heard and provided the email addresses?????

Perhaps it was a way for them to get more funding for the project they're on or ensure future funding for that project.

Like Chuck said earlier in this thread, I'm not too worried about it.