Rear sway bar end links

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody have a good online recommendation to buy these?? My driver side boot is torn I found out the other day. All I have found online is the adjustable ones which I don't think I need. Should be a cheap part, I might just try the dealer.

Last edited:

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At MoparOnlineParts they are $120.75 each. VPA has 'em at $129. List is $175 each, so not that cheap IMO.

FOViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Scharfs, they usually have take offs reasonably priced

OP
OP
V

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At MoparOnlineParts they are $120.75 each. VPA has 'em at $129. List is $175 each, so not that cheap IMO.

Geeze. At that price I might as well just buy the adjustable set for 250$. Good ol Viper tax, these parts would be like 50$ on another car. Why is it so hard to find anything on VPA? Every time somebody asks for a part, it doesn't seem to exist on the site if you search for it, but then VPA pipes in with a link direct to the part.

Green viper 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also look up 2 rear sway bar links for dodge viper 96-09 on eBay they are 55 dollars also

OP
OP
V

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also look up 2 rear sway bar links for dodge viper 96-09 on eBay they are 55 dollars also

Thanks. Weird that they show right up when you type it that way.

For future reference, a link is easy to post. Just highlight the url when you're on the page, then right click and copy it. Then just click in a message reply window on the forum and right click paste it. Done.

Green viper 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I will try that next time, I always find stuff on eBay at good prices because of being listed wrong

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The front and rear sway bar links are a common replacement part on all 1992-2006 models. They tend to wear to a point that they have excessive play or bind up from lack of lubrication. The dust boots crack and the link ball ends dry up, causing them to go south.

The sway bar links are available for all models, either in the aftermarket or from the factory. The 1992-1995 Viper has a unique rear link that is no longer available by the factory, but can be found aftermarket.

The best links to use are the adjustable type. They allow you to set the preload on the sway bar, this makes the car transition better between turns and feel more consistent when turning. On cars with adjustable shocks, adjustable links are a key to a good corner weight setup, they allow you to really dial the alignment in.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
V

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The front and rear sway bar links are a common replacement part on all 1992-2006 models. They tend to wear to a point that they have excessive play or bind up from lack of lubrication. The dust boots crack and the link ball ends dry up, causing them to go south.

The sway bar links are available for all models, either in the aftermarket or from the factory. The 1992-1995 Viper has a unique rear link that is no longer available by the factory, but can be found aftermarket.

The best links to use are the adjustable type. They allow you to set the preload on the sway bar, this makes the car transition better between turns and feel more consistent when turning. On cars with adjustable shocks, adjustable links are a key to a good corner weight setup, they allow you to really dial the alignment in.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tips. Once I replace my suspension I will probably splurge on the adjustable ones. For now I just want the broken part replaced. Something to note, the ebay ad claims they ship from California, but the tracking on the package says it's from China. Might need replacement sooner than later.