Recon - 2014 Corvette ZR1 renderings

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
obviously opinions vary since in mine, this thing is fugly as a sin. This is coming from a current C6 owner (third one) and C5 before that. LOL at humble pie, the figures are already out and this thing weighs more than the old car and performance is on par with the previous generation.
The new Corvette is beautiful, both exterior and interior. When the power ratings and performance figures for the C7 ZR1 are released get ready to eat quite a bit of humble pie.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it but don’t like the Camaro rear look- Wouldn’t trade my Viper but I think it mostly looks good- I wonder how the Corvette demographic buyer will like the car......... you guys know the 55-60 year old male, overweight, no sex with his wife, never drives thecar faster than 65mph, hairy chest with gold chain , has a hot secretary that is disgusted by him and is in the middle a major mid life crises. ---- No offense to anyone here :)

Funny you bring that up. I just spent last week in the Rancho Mirage/Palm Desert area on vacation (Palm Springs, California region). I saw at least 3 to 4 Corvettes per day while driving around, all C5's and C6's models. Every one was driven by a male at least 60 years old. Not one of the cars had any upgrades or was even a Z06 model, just plain jane Vettes. Only 5 or 6 of them were convertibles.

What was the most common "exotic" running around?....The Bentley Continental GT. Those drivers ranged in age from around 40 and up but with about 20% being driven by women. We counted around 35 Bentley Continental GT's in the 7 days we were there.

Now I know that the area is known as a retirement and snow bird getaway, but not one younger person was in a Vette. Regardless of what GM does with the new Vette, it will be really hard to get away from that old Vette persona.

I really like the looks of the new Vette in the pics, but will only have a firm opinion when I see the car in person. Now we just need Ford to step up the plate with a new 2 seater to really make the domestic sports car market hot and heavy.

Cheers,
George

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh Ive come to change my opinion all togehter on the new C7. Once I saw the actual car and read the stats I'll have one some day soon. But will prob wait on the z06 model.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21