redlined bad now not running right

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BlueSRT...wouldnt the dealer do this????? Again I had to learn how to change the plugs..LOL

I know the dealer and they aint checking anything till they change the plugs and wires..especially when my code is P0302 (cylinder 2 misfire)

So Viper specialty has the larger wire holders...OK...Need to order I guess

They should be doing a compression test, leak down test, inspecting the valve train and draining your oil, checking it for metal fragments, at the very least. Heck...they could drop the pan, baffle and check your rods/bearings from underneath too if they gave a damn.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol...happy I can sneak a laugh here and there when my engine may possible be trashed..

BTW. I went ahead and ordered the larger wire looms from viper specialty..they are cheap for one of them but I needed 13...

Yellow wires gonna look sweet on my fancy yard ornament

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Danger's moto... 'and the illiterate will inherit the world'
Just look around it's already happening

whats the story on this phrase/joke

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
drive your car to any monkey and have them compression test cyl #2----------at least

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I look at the viper the same way..it's not sophisticated. Hell compared to most cars in 2010 it's passing with a D-...But the spirit and rawness of the viper makes it the dominant force of the production car world.

Correction. The Viper is a hand assembled car, NOT a production car.

Thats how I feel in reguards to your constant grammer/spelling querries..Means little to me[/QUOTE]

But it means so much to the people trying to understand you and HELP you.

ieSpell - Spell Checker add-on for Internet Explorer

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mean as in regular production car. I know she's my hand assembled 80K baby. But she is a regular production car for sale to the general public that is streetable....And as far as that goes she is the current KING of the hill.

did you know that in 1996 a gts viper with it's 11.9 at 120 mph quarter mile time was the fastest regular production vehicle in the world?

Thats a true statement and thats what I mean when I say production car...Not a one off or unstreetable or not for sale in the US ect. just a regular production car that anyone can go buy from the dealer.

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Danger's moto... 'and the illiterate will inherit the world'
Just look around it's already happening

My "moto" is irony will inherit the earth.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

did you know that in 1996 a gts viper with it's 11.9 at 120 mph quarter mile time was the fastest regular production vehicle in the world?

cue that :+: stock tires guy... 3... 2... 1... :panic::panic:

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just got in Abs wires (in yellow)...He also sent the high temp boot covers as well as oem spsrk plugs..I gotta say that the quality on Ab's wires is somthing else. They are beautiful..

So now Im waiting on a box to arrive from viper specialty with the new larger wire/loom holders...And ill take all that to the mechanic and let his go from there....

Still hopeing it's a plug/wire issue...But probally not

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol....you reminded me...i just fixed my camera last night...so ill get a vid of the wires...again very nice looking...

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if I remove the valve covers my self to inspect can i reuse my gaskets or do i have to buy new ones?

Still may be a few more days before my new wire looms get here and im bored

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
never mind..i went ahead and did it and they are very reuseable..

I learned after 2 hours of wrenching that their seems to be no possible way to get the valve covers off without removeing the windshield wipers ect.

So I was only able to inspect the drivers side and I saw no broken peices. The passenger side was just to much work and I gave up and put her all back together....

Interestingly on my gen2 I remember takeing no more than 4 hours to remove the valve covers and install roller rockers and put the valve covers back on. I dont remember there being this much hassle. Perhaps this is why rollerrockers are popular on gen1 and 2's but not gen3's...

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
use a flashlight and look down the sides of the pushrods ?
push on the top of the rockers and see if any of them act weird and then inspect that pushrod further

gen3's have 1.7 already.

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Happened to me after hitting redline a few times on some spirited drives.
Car felt like it was running on 6 cylinders. When I got home I noticed the driver side exhaust outlet was black. Changed the plugs and no difference. Took it to The Wizard and turns out it was a cracked valve spring.
Changed it and no problems! :drive:

VIPER R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if I remove the valve covers my self to inspect can i reuse my gaskets or do i have to buy new ones?

Still may be a few more days before my new wire looms get here and im bored
Do the compression test

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I learned after 2 hours of wrenching that their seems to be no possible way to get the valve covers off without removeing the windshield wipers ect.
My offer to send a copy of the repair manual still stands. Step by step instructions on how to do it.

I'm starting to think there may be some here that would recommend a compression test?

To me, this has been a long time. I would want the car running right by now.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well since he just posted another street racing video on VA of the car getting smashed by a civic, I would conclude the car seems to be running fine, or at least how it usually runs LMAO.

Cue Tornado coming on here and acting like it wasn't him racing 3....2.....1.........

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
use a flashlight and look down the sides of the pushrods ?
push on the top of the rockers and see if any of them act weird and then inspect that pushrod further

gen3's have 1.7 already.

He already zipped her back up.
Took the valve covers off to "look around" without any plan to actually make a diagnostic inquiry of any kind.
But he doesn't have time to run to the Autozone and rent a compression meter.
He's waiting for the wire looms. That will solve everything.

PS, the dealer is stupid and can't be trusted to do thoughtful or rational work. And there are no trustworthy independent mechanics on Hawaii.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery