Review: Site Administrators and Moderators

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They VOLUNTEER their time to play Law Dog keeping people like ME in line and monitoring the chaos that can sometimes develop on the forums.

They VOLUNTEER their time fixing YOUR clerical errors and keeping the forums organized and easy to use.

So to Lee, Chris, Kelly, Big Italian and at least one hard working spouse that I know of, a big 10 out of 10 for helping make this the best Viper site on the Internet. :2tu:

:thankyou:

You must be registered for see images

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They VOLUNTEER their time to play Law Dog keeping people like ME in line and monitoring the chaos that can sometimes develop on the forums.

They VOLUNTEER their time fixing YOUR clerical errors and keeping the forums organized and easy to use.

So to Lee, Chris, Kelly, Big Italian and at least one hard working spouse that I know of, a big 10 out of 10 for helping make this the best Viper site on the Internet. :2tu:

:thankyou:

+1 here guys, THANK YOU!!!!:2tu:

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have nothing but the greatest respect for this site and the admin/moderators. It is very well run and easy to use. Well done! :2tu:

kman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this the thread where I lay down my list of complaints about the vca? Here it is in order.
1. I didn't win the raffle
2. I didn't win the raffle
3. I didn't win the raffle
other than that,good job and thank you for your commitment an efforts!

94EmeraldGreen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got an honest thread poofed this morning. I know the moderators generally do a great job, as this is a great site. But wow! Some are a little trigger happy. Notifying me of any concerns would have been a more honest approach than a default thread ****.

Hate to be a buzzkill.
VCA is a great org. You guys rock. But please don't let it get to your heads.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it wasn't for the hard work of the site administrators here...I don't know if I could live. They are, by and large, the wind beneath my wings! :bigsmile:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got an honest thread poofed this morning. I know the moderators generally do a great job, as this is a great site. But wow! Some are a little trigger happy. Notifying me of any concerns would have been a more honest approach than a default thread ****.

Hate to be a buzzkill.

Check your pm's, you absolutely should have been notified. And I will find out who pulled it and why you were not notified.
But I can tell you why it was pulled. It was the classic "What is my stuff worth post that borders a fine line of being an free classified ad. Our policy on these is to leave them up for a time for you to get an answer (and it seems you got multiple anwers) Then you should have been advised that you needed to put the ad in the classifieds here. As you have chosen not to join VCA that ad would have cost you $30 through paypal. Free if you had joined VCA and all this commentary could have been avoided as you would have just automatically entered an ad and then started a thread and you would have been immune to any removal.
This site survives on advertising revenue alone, we have steadfastly refused to clutter it up with all the junk popups, google ads and other irritating stuff that slow a site down. In order to do that we have to regulate fairly vigorously the attempts to sell in the open forums. Your original post went up 11-28 and was removed to the recycle bin today. That's a pretty good run to get an honest answer as to how much it's worth. Indeed it's such a long exposure that you probably have it sold, the last several posts seem to indicate serious interests and requests to go to PM to talk further.
The only complaint you should have is if this was not explained to you, and I'm gonna be really surprised if I find out it was not explained as that is our policy.
We HATE stuf that just goes "****" Those were the bad old days as some of the oldtimers will remember.
If you place an ad in the classifeds for the item we would be glad to move the thread back (we always preserve these just for that circumstance) and link the classifed in. You can then link an ebay ad in as well and you can post away about the item until it's sold.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there is definitely ONE mod who is very trigger happy. and it aint lee,city or chris

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hate to be a buzzkill.

EG was notified by me why the thread was pulled, and lee has just confirmed that the thread was pulled correctly.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there is definitely ONE mod who is very trigger happy. and it aint lee,city or chris

obviously you are pointing a finger at me. care to explain? i have been asked to do a job and i am actively doing it.

if this site wants in inactive mod, then they have the wrong guy.

Last edited:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So to Lee, Chris, Kelly, Big Italian and at least one hard working spouse that I know of, a big 10 out of 10 for helping make this the best Viper site on the Internet.

THANK YOU

word...umhum z-snap :2tu:

+ 2 here from another brown noser

pass the kleenex

dave, you have no life

possibly post padding pursuing quad six????

:eater: :eater: :eater: :eater: :eater: :eater:

(quad six, get it?)

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't take long for this thread to get interesting did it?

I did mean it in all seriousness, although after seeing all the vendor review pages pop up last night that gave me the idea. And that idea was at least for myself a means to say thanks to the people that spend their free time working here for less than leftover table scraps.

The mic is still open for now. Keep it respectful eh?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, thanks for bringing this up. We do indeed thank the moderators/administrator who keep this forum (or TRY to!) a 'safe' shall we say, place to express ourselves. We get out of hand (okay, I admit this, as BIG has definitely been *tasked* to specifically watch over my posts...LOL!)...but I think we try to stay within boundaries that are respectful. DAVE and I have had our bantering, which only adds to the fun here...and the mods get to enjoy some fun as well, I hope! HUGE KUDOS to all of them: y2k5srt/lee00blacksilvergts/kcobean/citysnake/big-n-italian. THANK YOU for your volunteer-time, which sometimes leads into overtime~!
~juli

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:hahaup:

That is funny.

Anyway, my huevos are big enough to say thanks to someone and in the same breath turn my head and say bite me to someone else.

Of course none of that would be around here. :rolleyes: I'm just saying... :lmao:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's pretty darn funny right there Jon. That's going into my treasure chest. No way Dave is a brown noser but that picture made me break my spleen in laughter.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread has gone to the dogs. I hate to be a critic but this thread is on a public subforum not Members Only. Is the photo really appropriate? With that said, thank you to all the moderators for the time and judgment they apply to their task. It's not easy keeping a bunch of mavericks within the bounds of civilization.

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread has gone to the dogs. I hate to be a critic but this thread is on a public subforum not Members Only. Is the photo really appropriate? With that said, thank you to all the moderators for the time and judgment they apply to their task. It's not easy keeping a bunch of mavericks within the bounds of civilization.

The mods and admins are subject to the bringings of the general public, hence what is inappropriate about this thread being on a public forum?

That aside, no doubt that this is a thread gone wild. Doesn't remove any class from my original intention.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Dave. The thread is fine on a public forum. It's the photo of the dogs that should not be. In fact, it is probably inconsistent with the Rules of the forums and the purposes of the VCA. We are, in the organizational bylaws, a nonprofit entity whose purposes include charitable works. I think we always have to be sensitive to the fact that children do visit here and try to lead by example. The photo is funny but not appropriate for public consumption. ( Pun intended.)

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Dave. The thread is fine on a public forum. It's the photo of the dogs that should not be. In fact, it is probably inconsistent with the Rules of the forums and the purposes of the VCA. We are, in the organizational bylaws, a nonprofit entity whose purposes include charitable works. I think we always have to be sensitive to the fact that children do visit here and try to lead by example. The photo is funny but not appropriate for public consumption. ( Pun intended.)

It's OK Bob, the picture will be taken down soon I'm sure. I mean, I was busted for having an avatar of a license plate that said "JIMMY" on it and had to remove it. The dog picture probably gave the mods a coronary shock. :D Understandable it crosses some bounds just not mine however. I used to wonder why this site was dubbed the "Morgue" but I understand. We have to find the proper balance here...hence why the mods don't have it easy here at all.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
obviously you are pointing a finger at me. care to explain? i have been asked to do a job and i am actively doing it.

if this site wants in inactive mod, then they have the wrong guy.

Actually John, I'm quite sure he was talking about me if you haven't received a PM to that effect already. Not a problem though, I've resigned from the position of moderator and member of the web-committee effective today.

This thread is proof that even when someone tries to be nice, someone here will happily come along and spit in your face. I reached the point where the snide remarks and childish backlashing outweighed my sense of volunteerism to continue donating my time. None of the guys who complain about the job we do have the first clue about what goes into the 'behind the scenes' effort we put forth. A wiser man knows better.

I'll still be around, of course. I love my car and the VCA and I'll keep contributing to my local club, but I'm done here. Good luck to you.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's OK Bob, the picture will be taken down soon I'm sure. I mean, I was busted for having an avatar of a license plate that said "JIMMY" on it and had to remove it. The dog picture probably gave the mods a coronary shock. :D Understandable it crosses some bounds just not mine however. I used to wonder why this site was dubbed the "Morgue" but I understand. We have to find the proper balance here...hence why the mods don't have it easy here at all.

about the license plate and as explained before - all avatars must be viper related. we as mods decided that it wasnt clear whether or not the "JIMMY" license plate was even on a viper. we only asked that you remove the picture to keep the avatar policy fair. as suggested before, if you can take a picture of your license plate clearly showing that the plate is on the back of a viper, there wouldnt be any problem at all.

anyway, hope this helps and thanks again for your understanding.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yo kcobean,

I really don't know what's going on, but don't let the comments of some whiners get under your skin. Thanks for volunteering your time and please reconsider.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cerevo