Roe Supercharger

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This Sunday I will be starting the install. I plan on installing the AFR gauge, single pod steering column holder, the vec and the power steering pulley and bracket.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm jealous. Most of my mechanical and serious elec. upgrades I did last year. I ported my heads when I changed a headgasket, installed Bluetooth Stereo, Titanium rear axles, RR power steering Billet bracket and metal pulley.

Now my "to do" list is comprised of, clutch, tinting, etc. I wired in a Tire Pressure/Temperature Monitor System that requires the sensors to be mounted inside the tires because the VR1s valvestem hole is too small for the sensors. After 21,000 miles my PS2s have run out of tread and they need replacing.

You're got fund mods and I've got boring stuff.

Enjoy.

Ted

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't let me forget to drop you a note next week when I'm up there>!!!! Trying to think of anything you might need for the install that I have....coming up blank right now.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't let me forget to drop you a note next week when I'm up there>!!!! Trying to think of anything you might need for the install that I have....coming up blank right now.

Umm, a set of forged pistons and nice connecting rods, T&D or Jesel roller rockers (either ones I am not picky), umm, full belanger exhaust, umm, full set of billet pulleys, umm, a nice cam.
:lmao::lmao:

If you want to bring that PCM with you though I can throw it in and test it out.

Got the rest of the brackets back from powder coat today, 1 day turnaround, very impressive. Ready to go now.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you've got "Roe Supercharged 01 Sapphire GTS, M2 built 720rwh" +++++
i've got k&n's and no smooth tubes, so boo hoo to you ted :D[/QUOTE]

You've got like 1700+ posts :). Less posting, more acquiring upgrades. You gotta at least get the smooth tubes. I will most likely have a red set available when I install the supercharger though I would want your OEM's. Just a thought.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Next? ...

Here's an idea from VOI X that looks good on this Viper.
You must be registered for see images

I installed Unitrax titanium driveshafts and d-shaft loops. I have a set of 800hp Unitrax Axles 4 sale if you're interested.

I suggest installing a Passport ****** 9500ci radar detector as my choice of modifications. I have an SRX ($850) and didn't bother to upgrade to the new GPS unit as it's nearly $2,000. Main advantage over SRX is that the GPS unit downloads speed camera locations from the internet (for California and a couple other states. Here in speed cameras are illegal.

You already installed HIDs??? Huge difference.

Smooth tubes? Mine are 90 degree Sapphire alum. elbows into my M2 dual cone airbox. The rubber connectors (Roeracing TBs to aluminium tubes) are great for mounting the water/**** injectors, but the Nitrous fogger nozzles are mounted in the aluminium tubes.

Ted

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought about getting hood pad done but don't forget, I am in the Navy, and enlisted. I went out on a limb with this BBK and the supercharger setup. Stretching myself a little here.

HID's were the first thing I did. The Vipers headlights are seriously lacking and the HID's made a huge difference.

Can't have radar detectors in VA. Local law gets very pissy about them.

I have a set of smooth tubes on the car and the Roe setup came with another set so I will end up trading the ones I have on the car for a OEM setup and someone will get a good deal :).

PMing you about the axles.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't. I already paid 750 for my used one. :mad:
Had to add the resistor harnass which was 79 but the seller met me halfway on that so that was nice of him.

Just finished installing the locking injector clips tonight. That injector on cylinder 10 does not like the new clips. Was very hard to get the locking one on it and I had to turn the injector slightly counter clockwise to get it to finally lock down. Seems pretty stable but a good tug and it comes off. Should be fine until the build though.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You got the #42 Bosch Green Top injectors with your kit? Make sure you get new O-rings for the top/bottom and a few spares as well. For your first install, not unusual to pinch/cut an injector O ring putting the intake tubes/fuel rails on until you get the technique down. Just FYI.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
since they are used, just send them to 1tony1 for cleaning and refurbishing
when I did mine he charged $100 for all 10 and I had them back in less than a week
he flow-tests them and puts in new filters and o-rings

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy questions :).

Lets see.
The injectors are black top injectors. Will install them to see how they are working then decide if they need to be cleaned and redone. I can tell you though they were packed very well and both openings are covered.

The supercharger is not installed yet. I have everything ready to go, just waiting for my schedule and my friends schedule to coincide so we can throw it up there. I have the bug to do it but patience :). I plan on trying to get the vec installed tomorrow if I can and my gauge pod will be here Monday so I will install the AFR gauge then.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VEC installed today. Temporary install until I get back and solder the 3 wires. Running a performance OEM tune. I have not had a chance to take it out around the block yet but Tuesday is looking good. So far so good. VEC lights green, car runs good, my laptop can communicate with VEC via usb no problem. Still unfamiliar with the program but will learn it soon.

Gauge pod should be here tomorrow so that will be installed on Tuesday with AEM wideband. Then as soon as my buddy is ready its go time.

Question on the install though, the 12 inch black wire. Says to ground to pin 4 on the black plug for the factory PCM and to a chassis ground. I grounded it to the same ground lug as the rest in front of the PCM, is that a chassis ground? I believe it is.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy questions :).

Lets see.
The injectors are black top injectors. Will install them to see how they are working then decide if they need to be cleaned and redone. I can tell you though they were packed very well and both openings are covered.

Get the injectors cleaned, regardless. You don't know if they are plug or possibly block to some degree. Get with Tony Armour, he will fix them up quickly and cheaply. It really is cheap insurance. :2tu:

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I asked my buddies but will type it on here to keep a log and get opinions.

Just ran it for about an hour on the Roe 93 octane tune for OEM (no supercharger yet but soon). Car felt GREAT. 1st felt much stronger all the way up, exhaust note sounded so much better as well with limited decel pop.

Now questions
1.where the vec is mounted gets very hot. has this been an issue for some or does it do alright?
2.the single gauge pod I have for behind my steering wheel is for my aem uego gauge. With the round screw on face plate the pod will not clear the back of the steering wheel. anyone else ran into this problem? I dont want pillar pods.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1. The vec goes on top of the Driver's footwell, beside the PCM same as all the rest? If the PCM is OK then the Vec is OK. It is advised to use a plastic bag to cover the Vec for direct water immersion as when washing the car though.

2. I use a single guage pod on the A pillar for my AEM uego and on my steering column I have a digital tach with shift lights and the LED for my SRX radar detector. The tach also hits the steering wheel while turning. It's extremely minor and I seldom notice it - but since you mentioned it ... it is a flaw so I will fix it this winter. I will grind the projection of my guage slightly and will easily attain clearance.

If you can't do that to your guage face obstrcution then your only choice is to grind the rear of the steering wheel. Since the steering wheel is so thick and the back side can't be seen - any reason you can't grind clearance into the rear of the steering wheel?

Ted

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have my VEC mounted where it said, on top of that box that shows the belt diagram of the vehicle. The computer sits on the side of the box and the VEC sits on top. Gets extremely hot there but that is where it said to do it.

My gauge doesn't clear by about 1/4 inch and its not just as easy as grinding the face plate of the gauge. I thought about gluing the gauge in from the rear but I don't want to ruin the gauge. Think that is my only option as of now.

Pictures 5 & 6 show my position of the VEC.

http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/608179-wanted-roe-supercharger-pics.html

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My pillar pod needed quite a bit of reshaping with a heat gun to fit. Doesn't sound like much chance you could get a 1/4" with a heat gun?

Ted

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or you could put the AFR gauge where I installed mine.
You must be registered for see images attach

I got this idea from JackB

As you can see I have my boost gauge in the steering column pod. I have no clearance issues with it. I got mine from Roe.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or you could put the AFR gauge where I installed mine.
You must be registered for see images attach

I got this idea from JackB

As you can see I have my boost gauge in the steering column pod. I have no clearance issues with it. I got mine from Roe.

Yeah your boost gauge is a flush mount. Mine has a nice black bezel to it that is too damn big :(.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok went to finish my last steps prior to supercharger, install my wideband and finish mounting my gauge. Had a bad viper day today.

I pulled off the drivers turnout to have the wideband mounted, no problem. Go to put it back on, no problem. Go to reattach exhaust hanger and snap a damn bolt. Problem number 1.

I have my turnout butt clamped to straight pipes. Well I could not get them back clamped together without it massively leaking. So now I have to wait for 2 more butt clamps. I am going to head to the local exhaust shop next to my house to see how much they would want to either make me longer straight pipes with a flared end or to put flanges on the ends so I can just bolt new things in there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960