RSI new best [email protected]

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 01GTS:
Thanks for the reply everyone. To be running those sort of times and to not even be spraying a 250 shot is simply amazing with just a 506ci stroker motor. Since it seems you know what they are spraying King GTS why wont you say??? Is this some big secret or something? Can we hear something from RSI on this please..... I will try and call them to verify the info that King GTS posted...

Thanks,
01GTS

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah. It'd be better to call them directly. I'm sure it's no secret and no one from RSI asked me not to say anything. But it's not my Company so not my place to give out specifics. I do know that the shot was practically NOTHING. Very close to my original NOS set up. Jason's incredible.

9secRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright guys.... I have not had much to say about this thread so I have kept quiet. Now I think it's time to jump in. I have been in the viper drag racing game probably longer than anyone on this thread. We can talk about "old school" technology on the nitrous fogger system in front of the TB's or go to the "new school" direct port as some would say but all in all its about RWHP. Direct Port is not some new invention, I have seen guys like Jim Potts (FL) and TNT Motorsports back in 1997 experimenting with this same setup but not seeing that great of returns. Bottom line, to run 144 trap speed with a head and cam viper you are looking at spraying a MINIMUM of 225 shot and thats making decent power on motor. As for the RSI car, I know with the motor cam it supposedly made 620rwhp but a cam swap was done to set the car to run better on nitrous. Something nobody ever seems to bring up. So with a different cam in the car I would assume they are making between 575-600 rwhp MAXIMUM. Now lets do the math, and Gerald I did get my college degree with a minor in accounting so I know how to add and subtract. TO get from lets say 950rwhp to run 152mph at the traps comming from maximum 600rwhp on motor that would leave a minimum of 350RWHP shot of Nitrous. And yes that is MINIMUM!!!!! Now that we have done the math, I think Trey is a little off saying this shot is practically "nothing" because that is hardly the case. And for whoever said that this car has run 138mph at the traps on motor is delirious. Now, back to the point of this whole post. The RSI car is an unlimited car and it really doesnt matter how much gas they are running on the car because the goal is to go fast. PERIOD!!! BUT, when you have people that are a gullable as they are and start hearing that this car does not have much nitrous on it and you go along with the story and get others to post things on the internet saying the nitrous is practically "nothing" is flat our WRONG!!!! Be proud of the times you are running because they are **** fast but dont start the tunner B.S. about what's on the car. You can fool some of the people some of the time but many of us old timers know the truth just like the people running the car.

Mark H.
"Loved By Few.... Hated By Many.... But Respected By All..."

OP
OP
S

SW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I guess our run has stirred the *** again. Everyone has their opinions(guess) about what the RSI car has on it. I have been driving that car since they built it. I know what it has and you can tell by the consistant times it runs that the n.o.s. has not been changed. Yes, the car makes about 620-630rwh on motor, and it makes 275-276 more at the wheels on the direct port system. It has never been dynoed with the second stage. The second stage works part of the time, so we decided to take it off. My 9.45 run was on the 1st stage only. We are using all the power we make, that's why our times are consistantly similar. 350/400 shot, cam swap, yea right.It's not all about the rwh#, it's about the area under the curve. If you could see the dyno sheet, you'll know what I'm talking about. There is more in it, just like it is.

SW

EuG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SW, bad ***! Congrats man!!!!

BTW: Did you get my e-mail about brakes?

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>and it makes 275-276 more at the wheels on the direct port system<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's exactly what Gerald told me (who he didn't know from Adam) the other day on the phone, so I guess if it's all "tuner BS" then they've got SW in on the conspiracy.
smile.gif

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
S.W...... WOW,GEE WIZ,GULLY.....HOW ABOUT POSTING THE DYNO SHEET ON RSI UNLIMITED...THE WORLDS FASTEST VIPER...IT WOULD REALLY HELP EDUCATE US CAR GUYS WHO ARE STILL LEARNING ABOUT COOL FAST CARS AND WOULD BE GREAT ADVERTISING FOR RSI....THANX FOR YOUR HELP AND CONTINUED SUCCESS AT THE TRACK.....NORM KOERNER-CAR GUY

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't claim to know a lot about cars, hp, nos, etc. Everyone that knows me, knows that when I want to learn something, I call Albert. I listen to what everyone has to say but at the end of the day, Albert usually has the last word in my mind. He always explains things in an easy, no nonsense fashion. We'll all be out somewhere and I'll listen to a group of guys talk about this kind of stuff and I'll have a blank look on my face........turn to Albert and say, "*** did he just say"......Albert will tell me and I'll be like, "Well Why the Hell didn't he just say that then........"

In summary, I don't know how much NOS one would need to trap 160 or do a 1.25 60" or a 9.45 ET. There again, I asked Albert in the beginning how much NOS I should use, he told me, and that's how much I used. Real simple. But I do know what I was told about the RSI car and the NOS set up they were using. Told to me by someone at RSI who knows, and has ABSOLUTELY no reason to lie about it to me.

I said it was a small shot because based on what I've learned about NOS from Albert, in exchange for my wisdom on Ms. Pac Man, it was a small shot.

HouseofSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of humor and speculation here....first and foremost, hats off to RSI for getting the car down the track and putting up the number to beat in terms of ET.

The thing that leaps out at me is that so little is known about nitrous..yet everyone wants it. I like to call it F&F Syndrome, or Fast and Furious Syndrome....

When looking at the numbers, you cannot go by a jet chart when giving the size of the power increase seen. Rule of thumb, nitrous will give a proportionally larger increase on a stock car when comparing numbers...and as the engine is modified to improve its efficiency, it takes a progressively larger amount of fuel and its transfer agent (the nitrous itself) to make similar power increases.

So...I don't give a **** as to what the jet chart says...if the car makes 560 on motor and you put down 900 on the dope.....you picked up 340 HP from nitrous.....whether it has pills for a 50 or a 500 in it. Thats what really needs to be brought forward in this discussion...HONESTY about the mods at hand and their performance at the track.

I have seen a 100 jetted nozzle setup pick up 160 HP and 260 to the wheels on a C5 with heads/cam/exhaust. Likewise, I have seen a 150 pick up 250 and 450 on a heads/cam/exhaust GTS. BUT to pass that off as a "baby shot" is ****.

The bar continues to rise, and thats a good thing. I couldn't believe that there weren't more of these cars in the deep tens and high nines when I started working on them a few years ago.

I disagree with Albert that 138 on motor is a long way off....I think its really close, and you never know when it will appear at a dragstrip near you.

Trey...you really go to Albert for tech explanations?
tongue.gif

The numbers tell it all....115 in the 1/8th is friggin' nuts, but its all due to the gas.

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GREAT POST!THERE U HAVE IT PROPERTIES OF NITROUS EXPOSED SO ALL CAN UNDESTAND.ITS NOT A SECRET ANYMORE.THANX KYLE KENT FOR HAVING THE SAC TO EXPLAIN THE TRUTH ABOUT NITROUS.SO NOW SPORT FANS YOU SEE HOW A 275 SHOT CAN TURN INTO A 350 PLUS SHOT.WHICH EXPLAINS THE HORSEPOWER IN THE LASTEST WORDS FASTEST ET VIPER.HAVE A GREAT WEEK!MEMO TO THE SHIEK FORGET THE DYNO SHEET WE DONT NEED TO SEE IT ANYMORE. LOL! NORM KOERNER-CAR GUY
supergrin.gif
bounce.gif

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Albert Chlouber:
Trey, After I get the crown back from RSI, get ready to spend alot of time at D & B. Your next. LOL

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are a formidable opponent grasshoppa. The best that I have seen throughout my travels around America competing in Ms. Pac Man tournaments. BUT I WILL REMAIN KING!!
You must be registered for see images

We had some wars didn't we! I have no doubt that you'll take back your 1/4 Mile Crown. <u>But frustration will set in....when the real games begin!</u>

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally don't give a **** how much NOS they are running, how much boost, or motor the facts are clear. RSI are the quickest at this time 9.45 et, Venom1000TT is the fastest 156.7 mph. All tuners are trying to lay down the smack and walk the walk, this only helps us the viper community so let them do their thing without the BS. and second guessing. At the end of the day the numbers speak for themselves.

Bullet488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>the car makes about 620-630rwh on motor, and it makes 275-276 more at the wheels on the direct port system.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That clears up my speculation on the amount of nitrous on the car. My guess @ 575rw was 325-425rw shot. But it turn's out the car makes 620-630rw. Very impressive and those number seems to add up.

But, it does leave a few questions. With RSI's car developing even more power than George Bryce's LPE 10.25 all-motor GTS @617rwhp... Where are the &lt;10.25 timeslips on motor?

I'm not trying to give you guys hell, just wondering the specifics on the quickest viper around. Alot of people have been working to get a viper into the mid-nines - and only a few have done it. Albert's 9.63 and TNT's 9.67 (Both admittedly ~400hp of nitrous.) You guys deserve alot of credit for raising the bar and I congratulate you for your accomplishments.. Just trying to understand how you made it happen.

Feel free to correct my numbers if they are inaccurate. All in good fun.

Scott W
- New York Refugee who enjoys talking about cars..