Run with Ford GTs

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Over the weekend, a few central Texas Ford GT owners invited a couple of Vipers on their run around Lake Travis. I snapped this pic when we all stopped for gas in Lago Vista. We turned our fair share of heads to say the least!

I formatted and touched up the pic to fit on my screen as a wallpaper at 1920 x 1200 pixels. Sorry it's so big, but feel free to download it and use it as your own!

You must be registered for see images

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've always loved black&white photos...that is an AWEsome picture, Jason...even MORE to add to collection of wallpaper...thank you!!! ~juli

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like I missed another fun Saturday afternoon. Stupid engine . . .

Bah, engines are overrated...we look cool just sitting still! Just practice your Corsa impression, park it in a lot somewhere and no one will be the wiser.

It was about 45 on Saturday, and I chose fashion over functionality and didn't put the top on. I probably looked pretty stupid with a ski jacket on and my hat pulled down to my nose, but I'll gladly trade hypothermia for a run like that (not to rub it in or anything :) )!

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you guys had a good time. Now tell me...who's watchin out for my fellow Viper brotherin??? ;)

Seriously though, wish I could have made it, I had a seat in Chris' waiting, but unfortunately I was out of town. Not that it mattered... stupid engine :)

treed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Black and White shot is very nice! That combined with the Ford GT's makes the scene look like a flash back to the 60's... very cool!

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like I've got a new background. I couldn't find any 1920 x 1200 viper pics. And I can't figure out how to make pics that res.

marky marc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pic! I always see a Tungston Grey Ford GT at that intersection. I have a lakehouse about 8 miles from that intersection. Wish I could have been there.
Marc

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pic! I always see a Tungston Grey Ford GT at that intersection. I have a lakehouse about 8 miles from that intersection. Wish I could have been there.
Marc

Yup, that Grey one lives about 8 miles as well...in a lake house...

give me a shout next time your in town and want to hook up. We do a lot of things on the fly.

Ryan
[email protected]

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like I've got a new background. I couldn't find any 1920 x 1200 viper pics. And I can't figure out how to make pics that res.

I've got a 24" Dell LCD screen, so I have to make most of my wallpapers because there aren't a lot flying around...especially of Vipers!

If anyone has a different resolution for their monitor, let me know what it is and I'll post some different sizes of this desktop. Also, if you have a picture you've taken with a digital camera that you'd like formatted into a wallpaper, send me the pic at [email protected] and your screen resolution, and I'll make it happen. Free of charge, of course, unless I get bombarded!

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Glad you guys had a good time. Now tell me...who's watchin out for my fellow Viper brotherin??? ;)

Seriously though, wish I could have made it, I had a seat in Chris' waiting, but unfortunately I was out of town. Not that it mattered... stupid engine :)

GO TONE IS LOOKIN' OUT FOR US!

Why ride with Chris when you could have gotten pneumonia with me?

Funny story; I can drive 100+ with Vipers, Ford GTs, Elises, Porsches for hours on end, but the first time I run a stop light...in my TRUCK...on stupid Cypress Creek I get a ticket? My deferred disposition expired on the 6th, now I've got another ticket...:mad:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those that are interested, here are the other images from the drive. I posted them up on the GT forum, so rather than repost and bog down your connection, I just linked it.
Ford GT Run w/Vipers in Austin - Page 2 - The Ford GT Forum

Gorgeous pictures, Jason!!! It's the 'Gulf' GT (blue/orange) that we really liked...but ALL of these pictures are awesome...glad to see the Vipers in there as well~~~GREAT job and thanx for sharing these...new wallpaper for me again! ~juli

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've got a 24" Dell LCD screen, so I have to make most of my wallpapers because there aren't a lot flying around...especially of Vipers!

If anyone has a different resolution for their monitor, let me know what it is and I'll post some different sizes of this desktop. Also, if you have a picture you've taken with a digital camera that you'd like formatted into a wallpaper, send me the pic at [email protected] and your screen resolution, and I'll make it happen. Free of charge, of course, unless I get bombarded!

Is there an easy way or program to change resolutions to match my monitor? If I set a regular picture as my background, it just looks grainy because it's made so big. Thanks.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love mine.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is there an easy way or program to change resolutions to match my monitor? If I set a regular picture as my background, it just looks grainy because it's made so big. Thanks.

I use Photoshop, but that's not a very simple or a very inexpensive program. I'm also on a Mac, so I'm not sure what is available for PC photo editing.

If I had to guess, I'd say there is a way within your desktop preferences to tell the monitor to scale the picture down so it fits your screen. If you don't find anything, just email it to [email protected] and tell me your screen size and I'll format it for you!

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
can you make the pix's any larger????

I could...but then the internet would explode.

I made them the max resolution so the GT guys we ran with could save them for themselves since none of them took cameras. Good think I didn't have an 8 megapixel camera instead of the 3, or we'd all be in trouble!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine