sad news...viper plant shuttered until end June.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I disagree. Most, if not all, who are bashing the Gen V have not driven the car or cannot afford it. For alleged SRT and Viper supporters their behavior, as said above, is very peculiar. If their behavior is loyalty, what is enemy behavior like?

I am not "salivating" to slap a supercharger on the car. I will not be modding this car. It is that good.

If I wanted to use a Viper as a drag racing car, I would have gotten the base SRT model and modded it. To buy a TA and use it for a drag racing car is absurd. A person, by buying a TA, is buying about 20k in parts that are for road racing that have no importance to drag racing.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry. 16 K.

The SRT[SUP]®[/SUP] Viper TA Special Edition was crafted for single purpose: to lap race circuits with ultimate precision. It achieved this goal by successfully breaking the production-car lap record at Laguna Seca in February 2013, with a time of 1:33.6. This limited-edition, purpose-built SRT Viper is available in three colors; TA Orange, Venom Black and Viper White. Standard equipment includes the Advanced Aerodynamics Package, Pirelli[SUP]®[/SUP] P-Zero Performance Tires, Ballistic cloth seats with orange stitching, Carbon Fiber under hood X-brace, carbon fiber rear valance, black anodized brake calipers with SRT Viper logo in TA Orange, aggressive two-mode Bilstein[SUP]®[/SUP]dampers and black logo appliqués.

• $16,000 – SRT Viper only
The brakes have different rotors with smaller hats and are more heat resistant. The suspension tune is quite different both in street and race setting. The sway bars are solid instead of hollow. These changes are not mentioned in the description above.

The base SRT model is the lightest model and the one someone who wishes to drag race should buy. Just pick a color and buy as is. You would be getting a set of light weight wheels for the drag strip anyway so no need to spend extra money for anything fancy from the factory.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I could buy a base model SRT, stiffen the suspension and upgrade the rotors and basically have a T/A? Of course that's less the orange stitching, badging, and a few carbon fiber knick knacks.

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most everybody here loves the Viper and if there is something about the new model that gets their ******* in a *** they shouldn't be made to feel like a ****** bastard for voicing it.

But doing it endlessly, and about many aspects? When that happens it becomes troll behavior and tasteless, plain and simple. At that point it looks like they're just trying to feel better about whatever they have, and doing it at the expense of the Gen V and its owners. That's not what this forum is for, or why members and guests visit it.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife was accepted into law school a few days ago so I won't be purchasing a new Viper for at least another three and a half years. Maybe they will have something radical designed by then. Maybe an ACR. We will see. But until then, I may pop over here from time to time and check on you Gen V guys "trying to feel better about what you have". I pay my dues here sir. I'm entitled.

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is all good defending the Gen 5,it is the best Viper ever made. I have driven many Gen 5s and owned 3 Vipers myself. However,the Gen.5 is way behind the new high tect HP cars in so many ways.I personally know 2 other Viper owners, besides myself that SRT lost a customers because of the games they played with the dealers getting cars first /over pricing and the Gen5 getting whooped by most HP cars.I am on my second new Porsche 911 Turbo S and the car and dealing with Porsche is a first class operation in every way. Yes,I had to spend over 200,000.00 to be admitted in that club, but well worth it..

Bottom line,I hope SRT offers a DCT(option),Unlocks the computer and improves the dealer experience and I will add another Viper to the fleet......

New customers and many former Vipers owner are done with that shifting gears stuff... (go test drive a Turbo S (launch it and let it shift)you will understand then.

The times are getting better,I hope SRT finds the money and does some improvements to the Viper so we can still get new Viper in the years to came....

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best Porsche Turbo coupe from my poiint of view was the 1997 Porsche Turbo S. Did you ever drive one? I did. It was a wonderful beast. Today's turbo Porsches require no skill set to drive. The car has moved so far away from its tradition that it really is no longer a Porsche accept visually and even there it is too big and bloated. The current design is uninspired. Is it fast? yes. But that is all that it is. It has sacrificed its soul for tech.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations!! Once she graduates you can be a kept husband and drive a Porsche Boxster convertible. You should be very proud of her and support her studies in every way you can.
Best,

Bob

My wife was accepted into law school a few days ago so I won't be purchasing a new Viper for at least another three and a half years. Maybe they will have something radical designed by then. Maybe an ACR. We will see. But until then, I may pop over here from time to time and check on you Gen V guys "trying to feel better about what you have". I pay my dues here sir. I'm entitled.

Last edited:

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never drove older 911 Turbos,had 3 Vipers and a ZR1 from 1995 to 2011... I have been told they were very difficult to control..Probability like my 1996 RT10 or 97 GTS.. You are correct,the new 911/ 991 Turbo S does everything,it is very ,very hi tect...Very Easy to drive at it limits...

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reality may be SRT begged to expect better but that doesn't put a dent in the impressive car they came over with overall. I hope they fix their problems whatsoever because it is way too early for the Viper to be off. They said "the exciting 2015 model" sounds like something different but too early to announce? Please fix your horendous marketing before any release, it was a mess.
I hope the dealers will learn from their mistakes as well.
#longlivetheviper

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reality may be SRT begged to expect better but that doesn't put a dent in the impressive car they came over with overall. I hope they fix their problems whatsoever because it is way too early for the Viper to be off. They said "the exciting 2015 model" sounds like something different but too early to announce? Please fix your horendous marketing before any release, it was a mess.
I hope the dealers will learn from their mistakes as well.
#longlivetheviper

I concur. They could come out with a McLaren P1 beating Viper but their current level of marketing skill would doom that car in the same way as the G5 sales/image-wise.

It is nice that Ralph said they will never offer auto/maybe even DCT type tranny and that more power is not necessary. I admire anyone that sticks up for their principles and vision in regards themselves or their product. But then you can't complain or be disappointed when the masses don't by into what you are selling. There is always a penalty for going against the societal grain and that's one of the reason Viper sales are suffering, imho, despite it being a great drivers car from what I've read. That's another reason why I've always loved the Viper because it is different from the norm. But in this day and age it may not survive very long continuing with being too attached to past tech.

If you make what people want (more power, unlocked ecu, dct etc) and market it correctly they will come. If you don't you will only get those that "get" what you are selling and that very small niche market will not make you profitable enough to sustain your existence especially with the level of competition your product has out there now. That is unless both Sergio and Ralph see the Viper as still being a halo car. This maybe why Ralph seems so unconcerned with sales and is not acting like a CEO whose baby is a sales failure so far.

It wont matter the superlatives this niche group (including owners, enthusiasts and even some magazine journalist) posts, blogs etc about the car because its just not what the majority of the demographic want in a supercar. The past Vipers have always survived despite this fact but they were not aimed at the demographic the Gen 5 is. This current Gen was aimed at the high end supercar (Porsche etc) demographic and they have rejected it due to many factors already discussed. Can this current Gen survive given that its sales expectations have failed? I'm betting its still has halo car status which should ensure its survival at least for the next few years.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone who has purchased a new Viper: I applaud you. You have worked hard and may spend your money as you see fit. What really impresses me about some of you is that you bought the car and couldn't give a crap what anyone else thinks. Then there are those who feel the need to condescend anyone minutely critical of the car by calling them a troll or claiming they can't afford one....it's this type of sensitivity that makes people not only question your egos, but the integrity of the car.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The main issue is how can someone criticize a car they have never driven in any meaningful way. It's the same thing as criticizing a high capacity water pump they have never used.

I do not think that any of the Gen V posters are condescending. I do think some our frustrated and a bit angry at negative posts that really add nothing and are in no way helpful to SRT or the Viper.

The non driver critics at issue seem presumptuous and disloyal to SRT and the Viper. There is a respectful way to communicate comments regarding desired improvements but it makes sense to do so after a person has driven the car. That is why I question their motives. Some appear to be in the tank for other vehcile brands and just bash the Viper for that purpose.

fred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
all I can say is is you drove one, you would have to have one, its that bad ass of a car over the other years, of course it should be, just sayin
Not so! I test drove one and did not like/buy it. I have owned 3 Vipers previously.

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many good points made in this thread. While we agree on some common factors holding back sales, and differ on others based on our personal preferences, there's little consensous on what needs to be changed first. If you addressed and implemented everyone's ideas you'd definitely end up with a much more effective SRT marketing effort, and an improved network of dealers. The costs would be horrendous, and I doubt you'd end up with a Viper that was any more financially feasible for SRT, or as desirable and affordable for Viper owners and enthusiasts. If price was driven up-market then it would go head to head with cars that currently dominate that segment, and those buyers have different preferences than the traditional Viper buyer. As price goes up the cache of the brand becomes paramount. Could the brand's cache be changed quickly by any new offering? Not a chance. SRT builds a great car at CAAP, but that's not the reputation that many know, and its perception is an anchor around its neck.

The Viper is an anomoly in so many ways. It needs to differentiate itself from the mass produced hi-po muscle cars, Corvette and its own Challenger, by being unique, exotic, rare, and more expensive. And it needs to be both appealing and more affordable than the other exotics to lure those buyers away from the brands with cache, and that sell and service at a very high level of competence. I personally can't see the market letting SRT and Viper change much at all, and the preoccupation that everyone has with suggesting many major changes is pointless. SRT knows what went wrong, where they need to improve, what everyone thinks about it, and will have a plan as to how they're going to move forward. We likely won't be told about their plans, but hopefully see some evidence of it in the near future to calm the restless.

While sales have been very slow, I bought one for the first time, and can share the reasons why. I don't presume to be necessarily a typical Viper buyer, or typical of a first time Viper buyer, but these are what I saw as the Viper's core strengths that appealed to me, and if they apply to a lot of others also you might not want to change them. Every car has their own, but these are the unique ones that sold me:

-Thrilling driving experience. I have/had some great sports/GT cars, but if I was going to buy another it had to be over-the-top, and not just another great car. Something exciting, even to drive slow.

-Had to be rare and exclusive. I've always had rare and collectible toys. I've never owned a mass produced sports/GT. A big part of the special appeal, and pride of ownership, comes from being rather unique. To be that perhaps means it has to be flawed by most peoples standards...raw, loud, expensive, awkward, whatever.

-Had to be suitable for reliable track day use, driving to and from in acceptable comfort, without modifications or hauling tools and swapping wheels at the track. Been there, done that, no more. Didn't need to be the fastest track day toy, but did need to be competent handler and competitive on whatever tire I use on the street. I chose the TA, but any Gen V could have worked.

-Had to have a manual transmission. Autos and DCT may be quicker shifting, provide faster acceleration and lower lap times but I couldn't care less personally. I was amazed how fast and easy to drive my XKR was with its paddle shifters on the road course, how thoroughly unrewarding that was, and how quickly the novelty wore off even for street use. If it had a manual I'd have kept it, but instead its being traded in for the TA. Manuals have becoming less common, but I can see them making a come-back.

-Had to be a more traditional and "elemental" sports/GT. One that focuses more on the basic controls, and less on convenience and luxury features. I wanted a fully involving car for both road and track use, and a car whose performance is fully dependant on the driver's skill level. You can marvel over the technology and nannies that modern cars utilize to add control at the limits and lower lap times, and I'd want every one of them if I was out to beat all, or if I hadn't spent years developing high performance driving skills, but what engages and rewards me the most is when a car demands me to control it. That's where I get my personal satisfaction, and I always turn off whatever driver aids I can once I'm comfortable on a track. The Gen V has a useful stability control for normal street use, and I can dial it back or completely off on the track. I'm all about the challenge of high performance driving, and where I want a capable car, I want as little inbetween me and its control as possible.

-Classic sports car styling elements from the 60's. Front engine, rear wheel drive, long hood and curvacous body work. Many of the most beautiful sports cars and exotics came from that era. Where some feel the Viper's design needs to change to appeal to them, the fact that it was simply refined is what appealed to me. Those classic and timeless good looks are shared among all generations, and I can see why many would need over-whelming advancement in any new Viper in order to justify parting with theirs and making the sizable investment.

-I wanted to buy new. I've usually bought used in the past to save a lot on depreciation, but at this point I can afford to buy new and enjoy the benefits that entails. I also tend to keep my cars forever and depreciation isn't the factor that it would be otherwise. I was ready for a new toy for this summer, buying a used TA isn't an option, and wouldn't expect a used one to sell for much less because they are so limited.

None of those requirements were negotiable, and there's no new car that met them better than the Gen V. If I didn't buy it I would have been happy to continue to use the cars I have until I found something that was better. I don't drag race, I don't do 0-60 styling standing starts, Launch Control means nothing to me, AWD is useful for a daily driver but not something I particularly want in a sports car, peak hp for bragging rights is cool and all, but what I can really appreciate is a powerband and gearbox that is a blast to drive and kick butt with for a little spirited driving and at the track. The Gen V delivers that kind of power in spades.

So for me I didn't need the Gen V to offer a big power increase over what it was, or a certain peak power number for bragging rights, don't want to mod the engine, didn't want or need an auto/DCT or the latest tech, love the timeless styling and simple but refined interior, and it should be the perfect track day car that's also a blast to drive for a little other pleasure use where there will be a real sense of occasion. In fact, the only thing I think I would change about the car is to have a better sounding exhaust that would probaby necessitate a rear exit design.

I should receive the car within a month and expect the dealer sales and service to both be very good, and beyond that I don't concern myself with SRT's sales, marketing and dealer network issues. None of that affects me or will have any bearing on my enjoyment of the car. We all want SRT and the Viper to succeed, and to find the best car to suit our own needs. If that's a Gen V, perfect, if it'ssomething else, great, but it really is time to stop complaining about what the Gen V isn't, and appreciate it for what it is. Gen V owners are thrilled with their cars and like them just the way they are. Hopefully many more prospective buyers will discover what the Gen V has to offer.

Bruce

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all, post #101 was not very nice of you Bob. It was vindictive, snide and personal in nature. Your starting to remind me of the RSI and Vipair nut swingers....you come running with a stick to defend SRT just like they do. The reality is the cars sell themselves. Maybe SRTwould have better luck selling new Vipers to more VCA members if the 3 or 4 nut swingers on this site would go into "lurk mode".

zim32

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is all good defending the Gen 5,it is the best Viper ever made. I have driven many Gen 5s and owned 3 Vipers myself. However,the Gen.5 is way behind the new high tect HP cars in so many ways.I personally know 2 other Viper owners, besides myself that SRT lost a customers because of the games they played with the dealers getting cars first /over pricing and the Gen5 getting whooped by most HP cars.I am on my second new Porsche 911 Turbo S and the car and dealing with Porsche is a first class operation in every way. Yes,I had to spend over 200,000.00 to be admitted in that club, but well worth it..

Bottom line,I hope SRT offers a DCT(option),Unlocks the computer and improves the dealer experience and I will add another Viper to the fleet......

New customers and many former Vipers owner are done with that shifting gears stuff... (go test drive a Turbo S (launch it and let it shift)you will understand then.

The times are getting better,I hope SRT finds the money and does some improvements to the Viper so we can still get new Viper in the years to came....

For 200k+ are you not perturbed it didn't include "automatic self parking"? Would then be even easier to drive!

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The main issue is how can someone criticize a car they have never driven in any meaningful way. It's the same thing as criticizing a high capacity water pump they have never used.

I do not think that any of the Gen V posters are condescending. I do think some our frustrated and a bit angry at negative posts that really add nothing and are in no way helpful to SRT or the Viper.

The non driver critics at issue seem presumptuous and disloyal to SRT and the Viper. There is a respectful way to communicate comments regarding desired improvements but it makes sense to do so after a person has driven the car. That is why I question their motives. Some appear to be in the tank for other vehcile brands and just bash the Viper for that purpose.

The main issue here is not what you constantly perceive as trolling. The main issue is that the car is not selling despite how good it apparently is.

EDIT: Just not worth it......

Last edited:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe the true value to Vipers (any generation) is that fantastic driving experience they provide. The feeling of being directly connected to your car, knowing that it will do precisely what you tell it to do, and being directly connected to those huge tires through the steering, gear shifter, brakes and seat of the pants is why some people buy Viper after Viper.

Deciding that the car is not for you due to price, dealership experiences, forum posts or magazine articles is missing the point. It is the driving experience that many owners find the most rewarding, and justify the purchase of the car.

It is for many of the same reasons that so many aspire to owning a muscle car from the 60's or 70's. They do not handle all that well, get the best gas mileage, or even the best 0-60 times (compared to modern cars) but the experience of tooling around in one of the coolest cars on the planet is compelling.

I notice that for some of the posters, they feel the need to trash someone elses decision to buy one generation of Viper over another. They need to make the case that their car is better than anyone elses, however there are different strokes for different folks, and perhaps they do not need to push their negative views quite so strongly nor so frequently.

I would agree, that Vipers are definitely for the 1%ers. 99% will never get it, nor spend their hard earned cash to have one in their garage. This is a good thing, as if another 1% of the car buying community decided to buy them, there would not be enough to go around. Even among Viper owners, only a very few will be able to buy a brand new latest Generation directly from a dealership. Most Viper sales are in the used marketplace, with no new car dealership involvement at all. All these buyers will select one specific car, from the thousands that are available every year, and that car will be the one that makes the most sense to them. There is absolutely no need for forum posters to denigrate their decision. They are the only ones that will spend their own money, and they will be the only ones that will be able to drive that specific car. Everyone else will need to make a different decision...the one that is right for them.

When we get together on Viper runs, I am find some Vipers that I really like, and some not so much, however I would never go up to another Viper owner and in person tell them that I thought their buying decision was poor. However, somehow, on forums people seem to think it is acceptable.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great post Bruce.

Many good points made in this thread. While we agree on some common factors holding back sales, and differ on others based on our personal preferences, there's little consensous on what needs to be changed first. If you addressed and implemented everyone's ideas you'd definitely end up with a much more effective SRT marketing effort, and an improved network of dealers. The costs would be horrendous, and I doubt you'd end up with a Viper that was any more financially feasible for SRT, or as desirable and affordable for Viper owners and enthusiasts. If price was driven up-market then it would go head to head with cars that currently dominate that segment, and those buyers have different preferences than the traditional Viper buyer. As price goes up the cache of the brand becomes paramount. Could the brand's cache be changed quickly by any new offering? Not a chance. SRT builds a great car at CAAP, but that's not the reputation that many know, and its perception is an anchor around its neck.

The Viper is an anomoly in so many ways. It needs to differentiate itself from the mass produced hi-po muscle cars, Corvette and its own Challenger, by being unique, exotic, rare, and more expensive. And it needs to be both appealing and more affordable than the other exotics to lure those buyers away from the brands with cache, and that sell and service at a very high level of competence. I personally can't see the market letting SRT and Viper change much at all, and the preoccupation that everyone has with suggesting many major changes is pointless. SRT knows what went wrong, where they need to improve, what everyone thinks about it, and will have a plan as to how they're going to move forward. We likely won't be told about their plans, but hopefully see some evidence of it in the near future to calm the restless.

While sales have been very slow, I bought one for the first time, and can share the reasons why. I don't presume to be necessarily a typical Viper buyer, or typical of a first time Viper buyer, but these are what I saw as the Viper's core strengths that appealed to me, and if they apply to a lot of others also you might not want to change them. Every car has their own, but these are the unique ones that sold me:

-Thrilling driving experience. I have/had some great sports/GT cars, but if I was going to buy another it had to be over-the-top, and not just another great car. Something exciting, even to drive slow.

-Had to be rare and exclusive. I've always had rare and collectible toys. I've never owned a mass produced sports/GT. A big part of the special appeal, and pride of ownership, comes from being rather unique. To be that perhaps means it has to be flawed by most peoples standards...raw, loud, expensive, awkward, whatever.

-Had to be suitable for reliable track day use, driving to and from in acceptable comfort, without modifications or hauling tools and swapping wheels at the track. Been there, done that, no more. Didn't need to be the fastest track day toy, but did need to be competent handler and competitive on whatever tire I use on the street. I chose the TA, but any Gen V could have worked.

-Had to have a manual transmission. Autos and DCT may be quicker shifting, provide faster acceleration and lower lap times but I couldn't care less personally. I was amazed how fast and easy to drive my XKR was with its paddle shifters on the road course, how thoroughly unrewarding that was, and how quickly the novelty wore off even for street use. If it had a manual I'd have kept it, but instead its being traded in for the TA. Manuals have becoming less common, but I can see them making a come-back.

-Had to be a more traditional and "elemental" sports/GT. One that focuses more on the basic controls, and less on convenience and luxury features. I wanted a fully involving car for both road and track use, and a car whose performance is fully dependant on the driver's skill level. You can marvel over the technology and nannies that modern cars utilize to add control at the limits and lower lap times, and I'd want every one of them if I was out to beat all, or if I hadn't spent years developing high performance driving skills, but what engages and rewards me the most is when a car demands me to control it. That's where I get my personal satisfaction, and I always turn off whatever driver aids I can once I'm comfortable on a track. The Gen V has a useful stability control for normal street use, and I can dial it back or completely off on the track. I'm all about the challenge of high performance driving, and where I want a capable car, I want as little inbetween me and its control as possible.

-Classic sports car styling elements from the 60's. Front engine, rear wheel drive, long hood and curvacous body work. Many of the most beautiful sports cars and exotics came from that era. Where some feel the Viper's design needs to change to appeal to them, the fact that it was simply refined is what appealed to me. Those classic and timeless good looks are shared among all generations, and I can see why many would need over-whelming advancement in any new Viper in order to justify parting with theirs and making the sizable investment.

-I wanted to buy new. I've usually bought used in the past to save a lot on depreciation, but at this point I can afford to buy new and enjoy the benefits that entails. I also tend to keep my cars forever and depreciation isn't the factor that it would be otherwise. I was ready for a new toy for this summer, buying a used TA isn't an option, and wouldn't expect a used one to sell for much less because they are so limited.

None of those requirements were negotiable, and there's no new car that met them better than the Gen V. If I didn't buy it I would have been happy to continue to use the cars I have until I found something that was better. I don't drag race, I don't do 0-60 styling standing starts, Launch Control means nothing to me, AWD is useful for a daily driver but not something I particularly want in a sports car, peak hp for bragging rights is cool and all, but what I can really appreciate is a powerband and gearbox that is a blast to drive and kick butt with for a little spirited driving and at the track. The Gen V delivers that kind of power in spades.

So for me I didn't need the Gen V to offer a big power increase over what it was, or a certain peak power number for bragging rights, don't want to mod the engine, didn't want or need an auto/DCT or the latest tech, love the timeless styling and simple but refined interior, and it should be the perfect track day car that's also a blast to drive for a little other pleasure use where there will be a real sense of occasion. In fact, the only thing I think I would change about the car is to have a better sounding exhaust that would probaby necessitate a rear exit design.

I should receive the car within a month and expect the dealer sales and service to both be very good, and beyond that I don't concern myself with SRT's sales, marketing and dealer network issues. None of that affects me or will have any bearing on my enjoyment of the car. We all want SRT and the Viper to succeed, and to find the best car to suit our own needs. If that's a Gen V, perfect, if it'ssomething else, great, but it really is time to stop complaining about what the Gen V isn't, and appreciate it for what it is. Gen V owners are thrilled with their cars and like them just the way they are. Hopefully many more prospective buyers will discover what the Gen V has to offer.

Bruce

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great post Bruce.

Thanks Bob. When listing my priorities I was reminded of this EVO review covering some of the greatest "analogue supercars" ever. It beautifully covers all the wonderful elements that make a spectacular supercar, and so much of which I see in the Gen V. It would be such a loss to lose yet another super car with this kind of purity of design, passion and purpose to the constraints and demands of the modern era. These truly are performance cars to be coveted, and before long they simply will no longer exist at any price.

I have never seen a single suggested change for the Gen V on this forum or the others that would improve the Gen V when viewed in this way. I hope everyone will take the time to enjoy and appreciate this exceptional video, and to perhaps better appreciate the vision, extraordinary resolve and achievement of Ralph's Viper team in this day and age.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCpCbZaD8xc

"Everywhere you look there's something special in this car"

"Analogue cars we love you, we salute you...please don't die out"

"The sounds, the control weights, the power deliveries, and yes, above all the feel of these cars define the pinnacle of driving pleasure"

"...keep the driver at the center of involvement"

"give us an amazing engine, a low weight chassis and a manual gearbox...and we're happy"

"I don't think there'll ever be another test like this"

So looking forward to getting mine,

Bruce

ViperJon, I have never felt a need to justify my decision, but rather to share my passion with other like-minded enthusiasts. I hope you have passion for yours as well.

Last edited:

zim32

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Bob. When listing my priorities I was reminded of this EVO review covering some of the greatest "analogue supercars" ever. It beautifully covers all the wonderful elements that make a spectacular supercar, and so much of which I see in the Gen V. It would be such a loss to lose yet another super car with this kind of purity of design, passion and purpose to the constraints and demands of the modern era. These truly are performance cars to be coveted, and before long they simply will no longer exist at any price.

I have never seen a single suggested change for the Gen V on this forum or the others that would improve the Gen V when viewed in this way. I hope everyone will take the time to enjoy and appreciate this exceptional video, and to perhaps better appreciate the vision, extraordinary resolve and achievement of Ralph's Viper team in this day and age.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCpCbZaD8xc

"Everywhere you look there's something special in this car"

"Analogue cars we love you, we salute you...please don't die out"

"The sounds, the control weights, the power deliveries, and yes, above all the feel of these cars define the pinnacle of driving pleasure"

"...keep the driver at the center of involvement"

"give us an amazing engine, a low weight chassis and a manual gearbox...and we're happy"

"I don't think there'll ever be another test like this"

So looking forward to getting mine,

Bruce

ViperJon, I have never felt a need to justify my decision, but rather to share my passion with other like-minded enthusiasts. I hope you have passion for yours as well.

Bruce...thanks for posting the video! I mimic just about all your sentiments and rationale for your coming TA. You will NOT be disappointed in any of your expectations and I look forward to sharing the fun..:)

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is what it reminds me of every time there's a negative comment concerning the Gen V: Here come Bob and Bruce....

► 1:13► 1:13
www.youtube.com/watch?v=2biEBOfO7k4
Mar 21, 2008 - Uploaded by LegendTitantrons
This is another tag-team customized titantron of the Bushwhackers, one ... WWF - LEGION OF ...

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never drove older 911 Turbos,had 3 Vipers and a ZR1 from 1995 to 2011... I have been told they were very difficult to control..Probability like my 1996 RT10 or 97 GTS.. You are correct,the new 911/ 991 Turbo S does everything,it is very ,very hi tect...Very Easy to drive at it limits...

I keep seeing your posts about the Turbo S and I saw a recent review of the new 911 Turbo S and it was slower than the previous model. It ran 10.9 at 123mph and the reviewers were surprised given the changes. I wonder if older Turbo S owners are disappointed and complaining like some of the older Viper owners here.

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh brother, F2G...some people just refuse to play nice with others. :dunno: Ignore List Updated

Bruce...thanks for posting the video! I mimic just about all your sentiments and rationale for your coming TA. You will NOT be disappointed in any of your expectations and I look forward to sharing the fun..:)

Thanks Mark. Can't wait to get it on the road course. The highest speed limit in Ontario is 60 mph, mostly 50 around where I live, and I'd be going to jail if I didn't have the track to appreciate the car's performance!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets