Shop Fee

wcollera

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you all pay for an hour of the Tech working on your car? I am paying $100.00 a shop hour now and thought that seemed a little high considering the porsche store about 30 minutes from me is charging $65. The service writer told me that the normal shop rate for cars is $80.00 an hour. I was just thinking this is a little high since aircraft maintance shops in this area charge $55 an hour? Just my 2 cents. Let me know

newredrt10

Former VCA National President
Administrator
Reaction score
I hope your not using a techs in the warren/youngstown area. I and several others have had problems. You might try Dan Fafficic at McCann Racing 330-499-1664.

OP
OP
W

wcollera

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the guys at McCann pretty good teh only problem is getting your car done in time. TI seems that they are always working on the team vipers and I really don't want to stop them from doin that

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
NEWREDRT10 and WCOLLERA- May want to watch out with the McCann's... More along the lines of WHO touches your car. I personally know Dan Fiffic, and have met the McCanns as well, they all are stand-up guys. However, one of the Local vipers had a bunch of work done by them, and whoever did the work BUTCHERED it. I doubt Dan did it, but either way, someone at that shop is clueless.

PS- either of you know John Wojnar? (blue/white 97 GTS, w/spoiler) Very good friend of mine and good friend of the McCann's.

newredrt10

Former VCA National President
Administrator
Reaction score
Final GTS

I got McCann's info from Larry M. I have not used them but if Larry suggested them so I thought it was good to pass it on. I just wish Larry did warrenty work. If he did mine would be with him now. I have found a good place for it, but it is not in Ohio.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a very good Viper tech here, NorthTown Dodge: Russ Coots, 716-692-7000

I also work on all of the local Vipers, making me the unofficial Viper Tech of the area... Only thing I cant do is Warranty Work. 50/hr.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Final (Dan)
is a kick bass vipertech!! he has done work on my car!
As well as his own.
Adjust headlights, exhaust, adjust this and that!
he is extremely precise ! I would not want another guy to work on the car.
as he mentioned the only bummer is he can't do the recall work and get paid by DC.
Although he is knowledgable and capable of doing it.
So, that is my warranty vipertech listed above.
I trusted Dan completely with my car.
Want it done right the first time, let Dan work on your car you wont be disappointed.