Show us your garage!

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I gotta go bigger next time, ya'll have done a great job decking out the space

Garage_0022.jpg

JackOlsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Viper. But if you're stuck with a two-car garage, then there might be some ideas in mine that are useful to you. It's 20x21, and I did all the work myself, including setting the tile and digging the pit for the lift. The total budget, including the floor, cabinets, benches and lift was less than $3,500.

Everything in the place is second-hand, re-purposed or home-made.

I also made a website for it: http://www.12-gaugegarage.com

You must be registered for see images attach

Work benches that fold down from the wall:

And it's got its own a video:

The 12-Gauge Garage Video

And yes, a video just about the lift I put in:

My Garage Lift

Is it always this clean? No. Not by a long shot.

But it does go back to clean very quickly -- that's the real accomplishment of it, I think. I finally took the time to work out a place for everything to go when It's not being used.

In practice, it makes a huge difference not having to spend so much time looking for things you've misplaced. I spent years doing that. :mad:

ninjakris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great garage. I have also done a garage on a budget but I can't figure out how to manage my pictures and upload them. gggrrr.

JackOlsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words, guys.

mattdillon, the color was partly intentional and partly by accident. I knew I needed a color for all the mismatching stuff I was putting in. I didn't give it a whole lot of thought -- but I wanted the place to feel a little bit like the machine shop where my father worked, decades ago. In my memory, at least, that shop looked like it was put together in 1968 or so. I know this color isn't everyone's favorite, but it evokes that late-sixties-early-seventies kind of industrial feel -- at least to me.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words, guys.

that shop looked like it was put together in 1968 or so. it evokes that late-sixties-early-seventies kind of industrial feel -- at least to me.

I had the same thought when I saw the pix. You totally nailed that look-and-feel. Nice job!

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I closed on the house last Wednesday, had the Lifts delivered and installed Thursday, Monday garage door guy helped me raise them 18", and then had my cars delivered two days ago. I figure all the years of paying self storage fees for "extended garage" space I could have built another garage. I didn't have time to take better shots, I left for Afghanistan a few hours after this shot was taken. The countdown starts all over again.

You must be registered for see images

Attachments

• My Garage.jpg
    My Garage.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My dad and I created a new look for the Cave.

netapp

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here is my shop, started it 9 months ago and is approximately 90% complete. The main structure is 50 x 50 but 20 x 30 of it is the covered area up front, also a 10 x 10 bath on the right and a 16 x 16 tool room on the back. Interior has 2 post lift, stained flooring, fully insulated except the left wall which that is my last wall to finish. 8' tv screen with projector mouted on the ceiling, pool table, air hockey, skee ball, 2 sit down racing games, bb game, pinball, buck hunter 2, and multicade, along with satellite ratio and satellite tv. I am getting the car serviced for it's lot trip to VOI in the photo of the car on the lift.

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Previous cars never incited a "Garage Mahul". Home builders never painted drywall, and the previous home owner's bike dripped oil all over slab. Upon Viper arrival, I suddenly needed a more suitable environment. With a $2-4k budget in mind, I was aiming for a simple, clean, organized, and well lit garage. Fast forward a few years, and this garage has been through all my viper upgrades; including heads/cam, suspension, exhaust, roll bar, etc.

The following pictures start with a gloomy garage and end with my personal Garage Mahal. Total cost were about $3k, all labor done by me.

GLOOMY GARAGE: Viper enters gloomy garage 4+ years ago.

PAINTING and SHELVES: All walls painted and temporary shelves set up

LIGHTING and FLOOR SEALER: Added 5 2-bar florescent ceiling fixtures with cool white lights and started with industrial grade floor epoxy sealing

FINAL PRODUCT:

- Completed Epoxy floor,
- Added e-outlets, cabinets, table, and a chair
- Added wall protection with some absurdly sized fasteners
- Covered water heater and added peg board (all red is pegboard)
- Added tire rack for road racing wheels
- Added fold-down shelf for motor oil (right side)

INSULATION: Added to garage door in order control some heat leaks/gains

GARAGE MOTOR LIGHTING: The built-in pair of 60W incandescent lights weren't cutting it. I added 4-bar florescent fixture directly tied to garage door motor lighting relay. Works great for those late night arrivals.

FUNCTIONAL GARAGE MAHAL: Just a pic of my Viper in 1000s of pieces. Heads were freshly installed.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a couple of V-10's resting peacefully.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andres, that before/after is amazing. You've done a very nice job at managing space. Where did you get the garage door insulation? Is it just self-adhesive? I would like to do that, too.

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You sir... are a winner!

I really like those last two photos !! :2tu:

Fantastic Garage - 345s :headbang:

Thank you gentlemen.

Andres, that before/after is amazing. You've done a very nice job at managing space. Where did you get the garage door insulation? Is it just self-adhesive? I would like to do that, too.

Thanks Tony. I did what I could with my regular sized 2 car attached garage. At one point I was considering knocking out non-load bearing wall studs so that I could recess the cabinets and gain those extra 3.5" in depth.....lol.

As for the insulation, I didn't feel like spending +$2k on insulated garage door panels (R value of 6.8). Nothing I saw on-line was really convincing and most appeared way over-priced. I opted for 3/4" rigid insulation sheets (R value of 5.0) from my local home improvement store. The garage panel's geometry made the installation a little tricky. I carefully measured and cut each piece 1/4" to tall so would be wedged in the garage door panel. Since the garage panel's upper/lower lips don't allow for flat installation, I went ahead and sliced each in half (horizontally). For the installation, I slightly bent and wedged the bottom piece first, and followed up with the matching top piece. They fit nice and tight once installed, but I still went ahead and taped all corners with aluminum tape to ensure they wouldn't fall out when the garage door is open. I used a total of four panels and 1 roll of aluminum tape for my garage. Additionally, I added garage door vinyl seals along the top and sides in order to further preclude head leaks/gains, and further control dust and insects. Total cost for the insulation panels, tape, and seals was about $100.

Here is a pic of a corner interface. You can see the horizontal slice (worse one of all) and tape along the corners. Those horizontal cuts and tape are practically invisible at a distance. Shoot me a PM if you need more info.

JPL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A few quickies:

Darksides

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Older picture with different cars but same garage. My dream garage will have to wait for the next house.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where they hang out (NOT where they are worked on...heh heh):

I think I'm also the only guy with a Tomahawk and an ME412 in their garage too. :D :D :D

pilotrick

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Had to wait til the coffee kicked in:
Took a while to get it.
Once bitten / twice shy.
Very nice!

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where they hang out (NOT where they are worked on...heh heh):

I think I'm also the only guy with a Tomahawk and an ME412 in their garage too. :D :D :D

Stunning! Now you need one of these for the wall.....:D

GTS-R Team - 5 to sell

GTS-R Crew and Team - 4 to sell

Autographed banners are $195 each, plus shipping.

Contact VCA Ohio Secretary/Treasurer Janey White at:
330-219-6325 or [email protected]

Credit Cards and Checks accepted.

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Previous cars never incited a "Garage Mahul". Home builders never painted drywall, and the previous home owner's bike dripped oil all over slab. Upon Viper arrival, I suddenly needed a more suitable environment. With a $2-4k budget in mind, I was aiming for a simple, clean, organized, and well lit garage. Fast forward a few years, and this garage has been through all my viper upgrades; including heads/cam, suspension, exhaust, roll bar, etc.

Very inspirational. I am in same boat... with the Viper, suddenly my garage is not worthy. I just can't figure anything out since I have 3 kids and their related paraphenalia everywhere. In the end, I could never dedicate the space like I want to. I need to build seperate garage for all that stuff first, but then costs start escalating :(

ViperJon - awesome garage and cars!