Side Exhaust Cover Paint Question

MAMBA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm repainting the side exhaust covers on my 95 RT/10 as well as the front fascia. The exhaust cover is the same as the body gloss black except for the center section that extends from the front to the rear and has the hole for the exhaust tip to exit. This part of the exhaust cover is more of a flat or semi-gloss black. I have the paint code for the body black color but does anyone know what the flat or semi-gloss black code is? I thought about painting it all the same gloss black as the body but I don't know if that would look good or not. Any suggestions?

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DO NOT paint them with gloss paint, please!! That will look really tacky. I do not know the paint codes but I just had to ask you not to do that. :2tu:

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just finished repainting mine, I just used a satin black on it. But... Sorry IEATVETS, I cleared the entire sill, result, shine. If you do go a flat or satin paint without clear do some research. Many of these paints will look horrible if you hit it with a wax or polish, which is going to happen as you wax the normal paint surface.

On the topic of reinstalling, there has been many debates on how to screw them back on to avoid the bi-metal rusting. I found a plastic screw cap (Home Depot), it acts as a washer and cap. Used stainless screws with these caps which limits the metal to metal contact, hopefully it will help. They have black caps as well.

Venom500

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just repainted my sills as well. I used Dupont Chroma base black and did not apply clear. Result: a perfect flat black apperance.

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
High temp BBQ Grill paint out of a spray can from Wal-mart and some fineline masking tape will do the trick. I did Gen I this way and two years later looks as good as the day it was done and maintains a totally factory look.
Good Luck