Skip shift eliminator for 2008?

Dereiter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased the SSE from:
http://www.speedlogixstore.com/product_p/izm993.htm
$20.

That particular SSE worked perfectly the last (almost) 1000 miles on my 2008 Aero Coupe.
Zero codes, but the little "SHIFT! BECAUSE WE'RE THE GOVT. AND WE'RE HERE TO HELP!" light still comes on. :D

In response to the 'driving like a pu**y', I beg to differ.
That person obviously has never had a semi behind them trying to "time" the stop light you're stopped at. When you launch and try to get into 2nd to **** of the way, and the skip shift kicks in and almost stalls the car with 60,000 to 80,000 lbs. of mass coming at you at 45mph, the stain in your shorts will verify the need for a SSE.

Thank you for the information.

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kevan....when I clicked on the link you provided, it indicates it is for a Challenger. Is that still the one we want for a 2008 Viper ACR?
I purchased the SSE from:
http://www.speedlogixstore.com/product_p/izm993.htm
$20.
That particular SSE worked perfectly the last (almost) 1000 miles on my 2008 Aero Coupe.
Zero codes, but the little "SHIFT! BECAUSE WE'RE THE GOVT. AND WE'RE HERE TO HELP!" light still comes on. :D

In response to the 'driving like a pu**y', I beg to differ.
That person obviously has never had a semi behind them trying to "time" the stop light you're stopped at. When you launch and try to get into 2nd to **** of the way, and the skip shift kicks in and almost stalls the car with 60,000 to 80,000 lbs. of mass coming at you at 45mph, the stain in your shorts will verify the need for a SSE.

Westxsrt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kevan....when I clicked on the link you provided, it indicates it is for a Challenger. Is that still the one we want for a 2008 Viper ACR?[/QUOTE

I took my 07 Zo6 skipshift plug out and used it in my 08 Viper...works great. (same trans) $17 off EBay

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I found one on eBay yesterday for $13 plus $2 shipping...total $15. I figured for that amount of investment, I would take a chance. Let's hope it works without setting codes or other difficulties.
Yep.
The Chally has the same Tremec T-6060 that we do.

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The part arrived yesterday and looks great. Can't wait to get it installed and see if it does indeed work as advertised.
I found one on eBay yesterday for $13 plus $2 shipping...total $15. I figured for that amount of investment, I would take a chance. Let's hope it works without setting codes or other difficulties.

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I finally had time to get the skip shift eliminator I bought on eBay installed at my local Dodge dealer. So far it works as advertised. Yellow light still illuminates but can shift at will with no blocking. No codes have been set thus far and it is a pleasure to no longer have to be concerned with that d-mn skip shift issue. It only took a minute or two to install the part but the time was taken up during the effort to get the ACR in the shop and up on the lift using boards to lift it enough to get the lift arms underneath the car. Thanks to Norwich DCJ in Norwich, NY and their great Service Manager, Will Griffin, and technician Al Laurenti for his careful work. I will post again if any difficulties show up. But for now...Yippee!!!!
The part arrived yesterday and looks great. Can't wait to get it installed and see if it does indeed work as advertised.

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Still works great...no codes set so far. What a pleasure to drive and be able to shift without the nanny biting you at inopportune times. Will keep you posted. For $13 plus $2 shipping on eBay, it is the best bang for your buck to increase the pleasure of driving this beast.
I finally had time to get the skip shift eliminator I bought on eBay installed at my local Dodge dealer. So far it works as advertised. Yellow light still illuminates but can shift at will with no blocking. No codes have been set thus far and it is a pleasure to no longer have to be concerned with that d-mn skip shift issue. It only took a minute or two to install the part but the time was taken up during the effort to get the ACR in the shop and up on the lift using boards to lift it enough to get the lift arms underneath the car. Thanks to Norwich DCJ in Norwich, NY and their great Service Manager, Will Griffin, and technician Al Laurenti for his careful work. I will post again if any difficulties show up. But for now...Yippee!!!!

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have had one on my 09 from new with no problems, all skip shift eliminaters are not created equal (the part)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte