Skip-Shift Eliminator

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FWIW, if you have any interest in a Tune, they can disable the skip-shift in the 'puter when they program it.

I got my Tune from DC Performance and now the only light that comes on is at redline.:D

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what did that run? did you have to upgrade the computer?
These days, you actually have a few choices.

1) They can reprogram your stock computer

2) You can purchase a new computer and they can program it. This allows you to retain your stock computer and factory program. (This is what I did)

3) Purchase an SCT Xcal Programmer with the 'Tune', and download it into your stock computer, AFTER you UPload the stock program into the Xcal, where it can be saved and reloaded back into your car in the future (should you decide to put it back to stock).

I'm pretty sure #2 is the most expensive way to go (about $800 IIRC?), but at the time the SCT wasn't available.

If I were to do it today, I'd buy the SCT. Roe Racing offers this one for $650. Same results without having to remove the computer.
Engine Management - Roe Racing

OP
OP
A

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These days, you actually have a few choices.

1) They can reprogram your stock computer

2) You can purchase a new computer and they can program it. This allows you to retain your stock computer and factory program. (This is what I did)

3) Purchase an SCT Xcal Programmer with the 'Tune', and download it into your stock computer, AFTER you UPload the stock program into the Xcal, where it can be saved and reloaded back into your car in the future (should you decide to put it back to stock).

I'm pretty sure #2 is the most expensive way to go (about $800 IIRC?), but at the time the SCT wasn't available.

If I were to do it today, I'd buy the SCT. Roe Racing offers this one for $650. Same results without having to remove the computer.
Engine Management - Roe Racing

How hard is the SCT Xal? Is it pretty much "dummy proof?"

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Damn near 'dummy-proof'. It's real easy to use.

I use an Xcal2 on my DD SVT Focus to load up a Custom Tune (or reload the factory tune). It has a total of 4 buttons, and it says on the screen which button(s) to push to do what you want to do.

Steve17

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When in stop and go traffic, mine was annoying at first , but you get used to it real quick and bounce off second and put it in third. Works just fine. I am not sure why everyone says skip to fourth.

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Al - It is easy. Me I would wait for the Diablo predator to come out for the Viper rather than get a SCT handheld. I have a Diablo for my challenger and they are working on one for the Viper. The Diablo is much more user programable.......You can tune from it rather than having to get the software like you have to if you want to write your own tunes for the SCT. In the interim you can just disable the skip shift if that annoying.

Greg

OP
OP
A

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys...looking at the SCT, not worried about programing my own tunes or anything, but if I can eliminate the skip-shift and gain a few HP, then that sounds good to me.

Greg, that's a great option, but a little more than I'm looking for at this point...but good looking out! How's the deep south? Hope to see you and Flora upon your return to VA (maybe the crab feast?).

OP
OP
A

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just ordered the SCT from Roe...I'll let you guys know how it works. I figured it would cure the skip-shift issue I don't like and add a few HP/TQ...so it's a win-win!

OP
OP
A

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the SCT on Thursday and rushed home to install it. Very simple! However, couldn't take it for a test drive until this morning...all I can say is - WOW! The ship-shift is gone and car seems to run a lot smoother (can feel a little more power, but not much). Since I mainly purchased it for the skip-shift, it did it's job...the "extra power" is just a bonus. I highly recommend this to anyone who hasn't done it yet!