So Long Viper...for now.

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've had my GT-R just over a month now and put on over 1600 miles. My previous daily driver was a RENNtech E55, very fast and comfortable, but no handling, no style, and out dated electronics. For an every day car, I've had the wife and 2 kids in the car a few times already, I don't think there is any car that can really compare to the GT-R. The closest competitor is the 911 tt which is a lot more money.

The GT-R isn't a replacement for Viper or Z06, it's pretty much the opposite. The GT-R does get more looks than the Viper, but only because it's only been out a few months, and it's from a much different crowd.....

Nice, what color did you end up getting?

Bat

Greg-TT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just signed the paper work on a white GTR like the Bat's.
It is going to replace my Z06 for DD duty. The car will be here
in two weeks and I can't wait to get it :2tu:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Seems it would be less than ideal to trade a C6 Z06 for a Nissan as it would be a Corvette for a Viper but do hope things do work out as you imagined.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'd like to invite both of our So Cal GTR brethren to the shop to come check out our new AWD Dyno!

Now, it's time to mod those things so you can wave bye-bye to those Porsche lovers :D

- Brandon @ DC Performance

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems it would be less than ideal to trade a C6 Z06 for a Nissan as it would be a Corvette for a Viper but do hope things do work out as you imagined.

Why?:dunno: Its a better car than the Z06 in everyway except acceleration after 100mph, percieved durability and modability...It has a better interior, much better lap times/handling, better technology if thats your thing, better build quality from what Ive read, MUCH MUCH rarer etc etc etc...Dont see any reason trading a Z06 for GTR is absurd or a step down. On track its deffinately a step up move. Both are in the same ballpark pricewise but you get more perfomance from the GTR ultimately..Seems like a no brainer unless you are a Vette head and nothing is wrong with that. Both outstanding performers. Looks are subjective so Ill leave that alone...Is it the "Nissan" thing that bothers you?

Greg-TT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
6k over? Great deal. Which dealership?

Bat
Bought the car from a dealer in TX (Sterling McCall Nissan)
Although they tried to jack me on the interest rate and sell me the
extended service contract(?) for $8900 which I politely declined. :)

Bat, how do you like the car and have you had a chance to run
with Viper or Z06 yet?

I know the GTR will never come close in performance to the
Z06 (581whp) I just sold. But I just wanted try something
other than Viper or Vette. I'm not loyal to one brand or model,
I just like fast cars. That's all :)

Last edited: