So the Viper isn't one of the 5 Most american cars???

NO HEMI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
discuss.... I saw this news that said that the 5 most american cars were the GMC acadia/traverse/enclave,dodgeAVENGER, and F-150, so where does the Viper stands??, i thought i was built here with parts supplied by usa(well most of it at least), guess not.....

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Dodge has a pretty heavy hand in Mexico and Canada I believe as far as the piece parts go. The Hemis at least are largely built in Mexico and I believe the Charger and Challenger bodies were done in Canada (at least from the last factory tour tv show I've seen). A lot of vehicles can be misleading in that regard. I work in a business where our "factory" is technically just an assembly plant now. It used to be metal came in and equipment went out, but now it's piece parts come in and equipment goes out.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All of those vehicles appear to be under 50K and general everyday vehicles. They must have some criteria based on list price of the vehicle and maybe volume of sales. Now, if it was "One of the Most 5 American Iconic Cars", I bet the Viper would be in the list.....at least I would hope. :)

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The original Dodge Avenger was a bastard child between the Eclipse and the Galant with a Dodge name on it. Real American!

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep, 6.1 Hemis were made in Mexico and the cars assembled in Brampton, Ontario. Designed in the USA, but more "North American" cars.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
All of those vehicles appear to be under 50K and general everyday vehicles. They must have some criteria based on list price of the vehicle and maybe volume of sales. Now, if it was "One of the Most 5 American Iconic Cars", I bet the Viper would be in the list.....at least I would hope. :)

I got to thinking about this as well. Guessing there was probably some other stipulation to the rankings that probably included volume. It would seem a large portion of the Viper is American the more I think about what's in it. May have just slipped under the radar due to low productions numbers.