SRT Viper with C7 Corvette

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seeing the stingray with the top removed I liked it a bit more. Still dislike the interior.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like both, for different reasons. Viper is more timeless and ****, Corvette is more edgy and modern. Looks like Woodward Ave.

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't matter, I will still see 100x more Vettes and it will get old quick.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man that vette sure sounds good. I really like the look and could see myself having one as a DD or as a vert alternative. The interior is kind of a mess to me, not sure why GM can't do better on the vette interiors, weird. Of course the viper is pure sex.

I agree Nineball, the vette is edgy and mildly exotic looking, a huge improvement IMO, of course the viper is amazing, even if it continues to sound like a UPS truck stock. Nothing a Corsa can't fix.

Nice vid, thnx for sharing.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Vette sounds better then i imagined. Waiting on a C7 ZO6. Then things will get interesting.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper has a more exotic look because it is more flat and wide compared to the Vette. Flat and wide like....Ferrari Enzo, Audi R8, Aventador, Testarossa, etc

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That Vette looks pretty damn good to me. Modern and edgy.
There is just something off about it. It just feels designed by committee. I don't think it looks bad, IMHO it just isn't cohesive. But, a huge improvement over the 8 year old C6 design, and terrible interior...

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't wait to see the ZR1 for the C7, it should be bananas. Hopefully it sets the bar high enough SRT has an exciting challenge.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel like the folded paper, sharp edges of the new corvette may not hold up well over time IMHO, like many other cars of the past. Even cadillac has softened up their sharp edges, the xlr was a fine car but as **** as a door stop and doesn't hold up as well as corvettes of the same years(from same chassis and factory). I think that is why even to this day the origainal viper concept and gen 1 and 2 cars still have such visual appeal. I am sure the new corvette is a great car but the edginess of the design seems to pale in comparison to the out going grandsport and 427 models. Curves are almost always **** and draw the beholder in like the body of a beautiful woman.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't wait to see the ZR1 for the C7, it should be bananas. Hopefully it sets the bar high enough SRT has an exciting challenge.

Yes, that will be wild! I'm a fan of the Z06, that's the one I want to see. Then I want to see Ralph squish it like a bug with the ACR.
:D

jsd512

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper is better looking. Corvette, to me, is too busy. Glad to see both getting better as far as performance and build quality go. Unfortunately, I think they both have a ways to go still. I'm just not impressed with either, *****.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the Vette looks damn good, but Zentenk nailed it. Let them be out on the streets for a year and it will just be something you see 50 of every day and it won't have near the "cool" factor it does now.

PeerBlock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The C7 hideously fugly and tax-payer subsidized...we all own a little bit of that C7, but C7 owners cannot make that claim about the guy in a Viper. :rolaugh:

I dub thee C7 owners "welfare racers". :lmao:

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The C7 hideously fugly and tax-payer subsidized...we all own a little bit of that C7, but C7 owners cannot make that claim about the guy in a Viper. :rolaugh:

I dub thee C7 owners "welfare racers". :lmao:
You do realize that Chrysler received a bailout as well, right? Taxpayers lost around $1.5b in the deal to Fiat...

Derp.

PeerBlock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You do realize that Chrysler received a bailout as well, right? Taxpayers lost around $1.5b in the deal to Fiat...

Derp.

What are you? A liberal? You think you can make an argument by citing incomplete facts?

Fact: Chrysler paid off their bailout in 2011 and is making an effort to improve.

Fact: The US gov't still owns ~$20 billion worth of GM stock, down $29 billion from its total bailout of $49 billion.

Fact: GM still costing taxpayers A LOT of money and they haven't really improved.

GM cars are welfare mobiles = LOL if you drive one, and the C7 is still fugly.

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are you? A liberal? You think you can make an argument by citing incomplete facts?

Fact: Chrysler paid off their bailout in 2011 and is making an effort to improve.

Fact: The US gov't still owns ~$20 billion worth of GM stock, down $29 billion from its total bailout of $49 billion.

Fact: GM still costing taxpayers A LOT of money and they haven't really improved.

Being a liberal isn't a dirty word in Canada. :D

Both GM and Chrysler got a massive bailout by hiving off their bad debts (Old Carco?) even before the government took share positions in the parts that are still running. That in itself is a bailout to allow those shenanigans to happen.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Lord, you really are terribly uninformed. We lost $1.3b in the deal.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/07/21/autos/chrysler_government_exit/index.htm

Grow up with your childish behavior.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think this pic says it all though :D

You must be registered for see images attach
At the auto show in Chicago it was the other way around. Could not even get close to the Vette. Yet you could walk right up to the Viper, which is exactly what i did.

PeerBlock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being a liberal isn't a dirty word in Canada. :D

Both GM and Chrysler got a massive bailout by hiving off their bad debts (Old Carco?) even before the government took share positions in the parts that are still running. That in itself is a bailout to allow those shenanigans to happen.

Being a liberal is what happens when you decide to replace knowledge and wisdom with belief and hope...in other words, it's on the same plane as severe mental retardation. This affliction could very well result in one moving to a place like Canada or California.

You are referring to their bankruptcy filings, which was not a "bailout" so much as it was a relief from the burdens of pensions and other nonsense. Both companies were being plagued by the UAW and still are - unions are a disease that just won't go away, much like liberals.

The government purchase of their common stock was an effort to prevent the company from completely closing up shop, which worked out better for Chrysler than it did for GM.

Lord, you really are terribly uninformed. We lost $1.3b in the deal.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/07/21/autos/chrysler_government_exit/index.htm

Grow up with your childish behavior.

I like how this guy talks about losing $1.3B on Chrysler - something not disputed - while ignoring the fact that GM is still on taxpayer life support to the tune of $20 billion, is still bleeding taxpayer money since it would need a 400% plus increase in stock price for the taxpayers to even come close to breaking even. Another way to look at it is that Chrysler got a $12.5 billion in bailout money after their Chapter 11 bankruptcy, which they repaid $11.2 billion of in 2011 and are no longer a taxpayer liability as GM STILL IS.

Oh, and a big cause of this problem - the UAW - still exists. Let's keep paying unskilled workers $60K year plus benefits to turn a wrench or drive a few screws. That makes sense...to a liberal...but so does global warming.

The UAW is currently a major shareholder of Chrysler's stock - which I find hilarious, because they are also a big reason why the company can't or won't flourish.

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is some facts for you
Every man, woman and child in Canada (Canada currently has a population of around 34.48 million people) currently owes $17,819.79 for their share of Canada's public debt

Every man, woman and child in the United States currently owes $55,091 for their share of the U.S. public debt

Love the new Vette and it does sound bad ass!!!!

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being a liberal is what happens when you decide to replace knowledge and wisdom with belief and hope...in other words, it's on the same plane as severe mental retardation. This affliction could very well result in one moving to a place like Canada or California.

You are referring to their bankruptcy filings, which was not a "bailout" so much as it was a relief from the burdens of pensions and other nonsense. Both companies were being plagued by the UAW and still are - unions are a disease that just won't go away, much like liberals.

The government purchase of their common stock was an effort to prevent the company from completely closing up shop, which worked out better for Chrysler than it did for GM.

I like how this guy talks about losing $1.3B on Chrysler - something not disputed - while ignoring the fact that GM is still on taxpayer life support to the tune of $20 billion, is still bleeding taxpayer money since it would need a 400% plus increase in stock price for the taxpayers to even come close to breaking even. Another way to look at it is that Chrysler got a $12.5 billion in bailout money after their Chapter 11 bankruptcy, which they repaid $11.2 billion of in 2011 and are no longer a taxpayer liability as GM STILL IS.

Oh, and a big cause of this problem - the UAW - still exists. Let's keep paying unskilled workers $60K year plus benefits to turn a wrench or drive a few screws. That makes sense...to a liberal...but so does global warming.

The UAW is currently a major shareholder of Chrysler's stock - which I find hilarious, because they are also a big reason why the company can't or won't flourish.

The extraordinary state of the bankruptcy filings bypassed any standard claims, hived off debt that the original company agreed to take, and left a whole lot of creditors without real recourse in order to allow shareholders to move forward with the new entity. You can call pensions burdensome and others 'nonsense', but if management was bone headed enough to enter into agreements they could not afford, there should have been a fair hearing into allowing all of the creditors who were shoved into Old Carco to get their share of the new entity.

They didn't and that's a bailout.

Granted, the process may have destroyed the entire company, since the courts are usually long and drawn out, but fair application of due process is the cornerstone of the rule of law. I doubt the UAW is the sole reason why Chrysler's can't or won't flourish...contrary to that statement the company is doing quite well in some segments. Only the feeblest of minds would attribute the success or failure of a multi-billion dollar company to one issue.

If you don't even see the effects of global climate change either, well then, there's really no helping you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32