Stem Caps

COOLASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have a cheap source for the valve stem caps, mine keep getting stolen. At 22 bucks a set I pitty the fool I catch taking them.
death2.gif

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jamie:
Look on Ebay, I have seen the cheap chrome ones with the Viper logo.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

which will no doubt get stolen twice as fast as the regular black ones..
smile.gif

- eddie -

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try cranking them on with a open ended wrench. The kids wouldn't be able to twist them off. Now don't blame me if you get crazy and strip the stem threads. Firm, but gentle....

Later

OP
OP
C

COOLASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The tighten them with a wrench I tried, but I swear they kids have mini tool kid in thier pockets. I'm going to try EBay.
Thanks

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by onerareviper:
Try cranking them on with a open ended wrench. The kids wouldn't be able to twist them off. Now don't blame me if you get crazy and strip the stem threads. Firm, but gentle....

Later

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

is that your solution for everything? pipe wrench on the power steering cap, open end wrench on the valve stem caps.. i would hate to see how you would get the soft top to stay on correctly.. nails?

you're such a brute manly man!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

- eddie -

webtrader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
COOLASP,

I have learned my lesson over and over, These things are just TOO easy to steal, will always be...Our COOL cars just attract too many eyes and unfortunatly some are BAD EYES...

Stick with the black, boring, rubber guys and spend it on other COOL things!

BTW...It was great chatting with you at the last VIPER meeting!
Remember?
yesnod.gif

Are you going to the Red, White & Blue this weekend?

How about the AutoZotica the following weekend? I am ...It sure looks like a great event!
http://www.autozotica.com/az_main/az_next_event.htm

Take Care,
Jim Lauterbach
supergrin.gif

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Eddie,

The 'pipe wrench on the power steering cap' was not my idea. Although, I do use a glove for better grip. I think Chuck is you 'Pipe Wrench' person....
hail[1].gif
A brute with 2 Vipers.

Later

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Email This Guy $13.99 per set free shipping...he even has GTS Blue / White...cheapest I have found...free shipping...you don't have to wait, just email him, send him the jack and describe which ones you need...painless! Keep the yard apes away from your snake, and they won't magically disappear...

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Snake Bitten:
Email This Guy $13.99 per set free shipping...he even has GTS Blue / White...cheapest I have found...free shipping...you don't have to wait, just email him, send him the jack and describe which ones you need...painless! Keep the yard apes away from your snake, and they won't magically disappear...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did! Nice caps! Not to bad a hit if they get "lost".

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't leave my car un-attended long enough or in a loction, that would allow parts to be stolen from my car. If they are "hunting" the Viper logo on parts that they steal, I guess we are lucky that the stem caps are all that they are taking.

If I did catch anyone...I hope there is no camcorder nearby.

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Email This Guy $13.99 per set free shipping...he even has GTS Blue / White...cheapest I have found...free shipping..."

I bought a set of stem caps from this guy, they are chrome covered plastic not metal, they look fine fit well and have o-rings in them.
One of the vendors out there sells metal caps for something around $30.
$13 was a no brainer for me, besides on the car they look good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine