Sun Visors

cigar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I got my RT/10 and got the roof off I saw that the upper edges of both sun visors were coming apart at the seams. I took it to my long-time upholsterer and he said nothing much can be done because the fabric is bonded to foam. I went to a Dodge dealer and found that only one passenger-side visor is available, one won't do me any good.

Does anyone know of a material that can be somehow applied to the existing fabric? The problem isn't visible unless the roof is off the car, but it will only get worse over time and I'd like to do something.

illegalspeeds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got my visors back from my upholsterer. He re-covered them in a black suede material. They look great, and he didn't mention any problems with doing them.

OP
OP
C

cigar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got my visors back from my upholsterer. He re-covered them in a black suede material. They look great, and he didn't mention any problems with doing them.

Illegal, that sounds right, my guy says that it's due to the fact that they are stitched on the bottom and two sides, slipped over the visor, and then glued across the top, it's the glue joint that has failed. . I'm going to ask Mike to take pictures of the top glue joints on his and send it to me thinking that his are as old as mine and might suffer from the same problem, perhaps you could PM me the name of your guy and I could ship mine to him? It seems like 15 years is enough for any glue joint to fail.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte