The GEN V Viper Mopar motherload from SEMA.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
My November UK Top Gear Mag has the yellow SRT in it. The article stated " An SRT with this track pack is the car you are going to see blitzing all the track records later this year. The Viper engineers reckon the new car is around a second faster per mile of racetrack, so expect a Nurburgring lap time - and a new production car benchmark - of not much more than seven minutes when it happens"

Hmm, the car only generates 500 lbs at 200 mph, I don't see where it's going to be faster then an ACR as I don't recall many 200 mph corners at the ring.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm, the car only generates 500 lbs at 200 mph, I don't see where it's going to be faster then an ACR as I don't recall many 200 mph corners at the ring.

Don't discount all of the other changes: Stiffer frame, especially in the front, will increase turn-in speed, less weight will increase acceleration (in all directions), more power, better brakes, and a better-tuned suspension to keep the car stable in turns. Also, the quote DID come from a Top Gear mag, so I'd take it with a grain (or two) of salt, especially since they didn't specify weather it would be faster than a base SRT-10 or an ACR.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The carbon x-brace looks much better than the stock unit. SRT could anodize the stock x-brace a dark grey to lessen its visual impact, and that would help the engine stand out. When I saw the carbon x-brace at VOI, I thought it would be around $1k. Kinda surprised at its pricing...but it sure looks great!

At VOI the X-brace that I saw was merely a CF overlay to the OE one. It was about .050 thick just for show. It was designed to be glued/taped over the stock one.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any idea what the weight savings is, compared to the stocker? I've read it's about half the weight, but half of how much?

I read somewhere that it would save 3 pounds.
Wich would put the CF at 3 and the Stocker at 6 pounds.
$ 3175 for a 3 pounds saving ?.....I'd rather go on a diet....and spare a lot more than that !

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$ 3175 for a 3 pounds saving ?.....I'd rather go on a diet....and spare a lot more than that !
LOL, I think most could go on a diet and forgo all the CF goodies, be a lot cheaper!

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the item for anybody who's trying to get every last bit of weight reduction possible, without regards to cost/benifit. Could also be a visual upgrade if you prefer CF over Aluminum. It's why they didn't make it a stock piece.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LMBOOOO!! Still, aesthetically, the carbon fiber is great. Also curious to hear that racing exhaust. 3 colors on the mopar car cover? anyone know what they are or how they look? I'd like one with a big ass Stryker logo on front and VIPER written on back...maybe I'll just have one custom made like I did for the decals in my garage...

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stopped by a dealer today and they said the CF Spoiler is listed at $8000... Uh, seems a bit off since the entire package (Front and Rear spoiler) was $4k

Reaction score
Mark any idea when any other Mopar goodies will be out? The rear spoiler is on my list but there just is no info for anything Mopar related.

All the parts are currently being used for factory builds so the actual release from Mopar will likely be a while still. I have been in contact with the Mopar guys for a while now and even they are getting impatient to bring these parts to you. The complexity of changing out interior parts from factory to the carbon units may make it difficult to provide them after the factory sale though. Pricing and feasibility for them is still in the works though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960