The right push rods

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully someone knows the answer to this, in a gen 2 motor if you go to TD roller rockers do you need to change the push rods. I know 2 people that used the stock push rods with the TD rockers and everything has been fine. On my gen 2 I put in new ones, but I have to say they were the same size and looked the same as the old ones, was that a wast of money on my part.:dunno:

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are changing the ratio of the rockers to open a bit further therefore creating more stress on the pushrods. Hands down you need to switch them out. Can you get away with not doing it? Sure, but what is the longevity. Talk to Arrow racing (I believe) and they have pushrods at a great price. I couldn't beat their price. They were so cheap you almost have to change them out on principle. Also you really should measure the length. Gen 2's use all different lengths of pushrods (info provided by the wizard) and when you change the ratio you need to measure that you have the right ones.

OP
OP
S

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, mine is a 99, the other two are 98s, will tell them the bad news.:usa:

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you are using the Mopar T&D Rocker Arms and the stock heads and valves, then you can use the stock pushrods. If you use the measuring tool supplied, you really need to machine the rocker stands down about .020, but it will work. T &D made several differing rocker stands, depending on valve length, so check everything.