The Ugly Viper made it 1400 miles to Florida with no problems!

Mad Max 93 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So my buddies and I decided to drive two Vettes and my Viper to the southern tip of America together. Sounded like a blast when we planned it. I have to say that I'm not uncomfortable at all in my car even after 12 hours at a clip of driving! I did have to start using my left foot on the accelerator to give my right one a break after the ten hour mark. My car ran perfect with not a single issue mechanically. My buddy's supercharged Vette had a thermostat failure in South Carolina and we got towed to a friends house in GA which is where I performed the swap and got us back on the road. We are in West Palm now and heading to the Keys on thursday. Then its another 1600 miles home and I'm loving every minute of it!

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you get to the tip watch that salt over spray.....make sure you hose the underneath down good after you leave the keys.....it is mucho hot down here these days...

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So my buddies and I decided to drive two Vettes and my Viper to the southern tip of America together.

I've got news for you. If you're only to Florida you have another 5600 miles to the southern tip of America, and that's if you travel as the crow flies. If you go by road I can't imagine how long it would be.

Bob

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got news for you. If you're only to Florida you have another 5600 miles to the southern tip of America, and that's if you travel as the crow flies. If you go by road I can't imagine how long it would be.

Bob
Heh heh.
Amergio Vespucci tips his hat to you.

RPHJR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 15 minutes from you guys in Jupiter. If you have time, stop by. Plenty of cold ones waiting!!!! A

Maybe on your way back up????

If not, have a safe trip guys!!!!

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So my buddies and I decided to drive two Vettes and my Viper to the southern tip of America together. Sounded like a blast when we planned it. I have to say that I'm not uncomfortable at all in my car even after 12 hours at a clip of driving! I did have to start using my left foot on the accelerator to give my right one a break after the ten hour mark. My car ran perfect with not a single issue mechanically. My buddy's supercharged Vette had a thermostat failure in South Carolina and we got towed to a friends house in GA which is where I performed the swap and got us back on the road. We are in West Palm now and heading to the Keys on thursday. Then its another 1600 miles home and I'm loving every minute of it!

If you have time and enjoy excellent Italian food, have dinner at Antonia's Restaurant at 615 Duval Street. After you finish dinner, you will be within walking distance of everything.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was in Key West last year. Fun place, but the signs of the recession were everywhere.

Strangest thing I ate was a Key Lime Pie, dipped in Chocolate.

Even had fun at the Jimmy Buffet tourist trap. Just wander around to soak up the ambiance.

They have a big memorial monument at the southern most point. Worth a picture.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget the Tortuga *** Cake. Sounds like an awesome trip. I'd love to do that someday.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets see. Since you posted that at 12:30 AM (likely before you went to bed) does that mean tomorrow for me, or tomorrow for you as in today for me? :eater:

:D:D

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets see. Since you posted that at 12:30 AM (likely before you went to bed) does that mean tomorrow for me, or tomorrow for you as in today for me? :eater:

:D:D

Or tomorrow for him as in tomorrow for me (weird thing those timezones be) :eater:

OP
OP
M

Mad Max 93 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here some pics
You must be registered for see images attach
here where my buddys car broke down in SC
and heres us waiting for 2 hours for the tow truck
towed finally!!
back on the road again after I changed the thermostat
Cleaning the cars after arriving in Port St Lucie FL.

joedud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Port Orange, FL (just below Daytona Beach)
Watch your speed if coming back up north I95 through Volusia County. After Brevard County, starting at Edgewater, then New Smyrna Beach, Port Orange, Daytona and lastly Ormond Beach. PM me if you need anything and I'll give you my phone number. I work in NSB, live in Port Orange. Enjoy.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice shot of your buddy's finger...:omg:

I did a trip like that a while ago and had a great time. The girls are hot and the hotel rates are low in Aug... Enjoy!

:drive: